Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

SumDrunkGuy

I still have to wait 5 hours. Fuck all of you.

ADL

Prophet
I'll take 15-20FPS in Blighttown over these stutters (on a high-end system). At least I could see what was going on consistently in that. Holy fuck how could they release it like this? I just died to a boss across the room because of it and I saw the whole thing as if it were fast-forwarding to make up for what I didn't see.

Seriously they need to outsource these ports or something because their games are being let down by their shoddy engine tech and seeming inability to handle PC porting.

Last edited:

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
for what it's worth, for those with mid/lower-end PCs, so far i'm getting a consistent ~45fps w/ a 1050ti + i7-3770 + 16RAM

just had to bump resolution down to 900p w/ some sharpening, defaulted to high settings atm

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Yeah this is literally unplayable holy fuck I am not going to subject myself to this where I can't reliably see what's going on because of the stuttering. This segment of the video showcases exactly what I'm getting after the supposed day one patch that "fixed everything".

Gave it another ten minutes after this post and I can confidently say this is worse than Arkham Knight day one, but this won't be pulled from sale and will be overwhelmingly positive on Steam because it's okay when From Software does it I guess.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Turns out, all this time, Lord Gaben was trying to save you from this shitty port, but you didn't heed His warnings. A minute of silence for unfortunate souls, who still expects quality ports from FROM SOFTWARE. Amen.

orcinator

Liturgist
Torrents's out.

I might not get around to playing it because I have other crap going on but hey, at least I can get some seed points on the private tracker.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I have a mid-range system. Performance is pretty Fromsoft level. Noticing a good amount of stuttering in open world, but reducing graphical quality helps a lot. Currently running high textures but medium everything else.

Haven't gotten far at all, but no major bugs yet. Noticing a lot of changes from the Dark Souls formula, not sure if good or bad.

The heavy attack counter is possibly OP, but I think enemies can use it on you.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well that's it for me for the moment, gotta work tomorrow.

In the first hour got my face immediately smashed by the welcome committee boss. Took the key as the starting gift, entered the first dungeon, got my face repeatedly smashed by the rolling harvester.

Moving on, got my face smashed by the mounted knight. Fucked around in the open world for a bit. Found 4 bonfires in about a 50 meter radius around the starting area. Oh boy.

Performance is fine, a few eyebrow-raising frame drops but nothing too terrible yet.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As expected, I'm having a blast. So far, my only real complaint is that, on certain enemies, reused animations are a bit too evident. Can't wait to play this for 12 hours straight tomorrow.

ADL

Prophet
Surprise surprise DX12 is the culprit of a lot of the stuttering. The DX11 client is slightly better, seems to stutter half as much but it's still enough for me to not want to continue playing. Wait for patches unless you're one of the few that isn't getting these.
Right click properties launch options
-dx11

TwoEdge

Scholar
Well, I'm done for the day, work tomorrow, and all that. I think it's a cool refinement of the formula and more Souls is always good in my book, but the reviewers are overshooting their praise. Sekiro was a more pronounced leap forward than this. In short, it's Dark Souls meets Breath of the Wild, expect anything more and you'll probably be disappointed. Bonus points for the hands-off approach to the exploration (keep notes!) and cool horse combat. Bosses are another high note, there are several of them and although you repeat some, they learn new tricks along the way. There's crafting and, mercifully, it's very optional. It mostly serves as a quick pick-me-up without having to backtrack to a vendor.

Oh, ranged combat is way more viable and magic is OP.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Damn, is it another un-optimized AAA mess?

Most people are getting some kind of stuttering, of varying degrees of severity. The majority of reported cases are just annoying, but for some, the game borders on unplayability. It's also locked to 60 fps.

SumDrunkGuy

I'm going to enjoy playing it in 30 FPS on my base PS4 when it unlocks in 5 hours and none of you can stop me. :smug:

Souls was born on the Playstation. In a way we're playing the best version, symbolically.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
From having looked at TVs for a couple of days, one thing I learned is nobody has ever complained about things being too big

I guess you haven't asked your mother about me yet...

I did. She said you were just a 5
Any idea how long it takes Steam to unpack the preloaded files once the game goes live on PC?

BRO I GOT A SUPER BONNER TO PLAY AT SIX BUT UNPACKING WAS FOREVER SO I HAD TO SPEND TIME WITH MY WIFE INSTEAD NOW I GOT A SCHOOL PAPER FUCK

LOLLLOLLOL I CALLED IN TONIGHT SO I BE DRUNK AND PLAY ELDEN RING TONIGHT LOLLLOL

Visperas

Augur
Surprise surprise DX12 is the culprit of a lot of the stuttering. The DX11 client is slightly better, seems to stutter half as much but it's still enough for me to not want to continue playing. Wait for patches unless you're one of the few that isn't getting these.
Right click properties launch options
-dx11

This is very interesting. I want to know more about this. What's the trade-off? What do you lose by launching the game with DX11?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
16 minutes-23 minutes-38 minutes-50minutes-18minutes Steam is taking the piss, I'm going to go open a bottle of wine. Have fun bros :love:
BROS FUCK GABEN IN HIS SMELLY FAT FOLDS MY UNPACKING WENT TO LIKE A FUCKING MONTH AT ONE POINT

Mortmal

Arcane
Damn, is it another un-optimized AAA mess?

Most people are getting some kind of stuttering, of varying degrees of severity. The majority of reported cases are just annoying, but for some, the game borders on unplayability. It's also locked to 60 fps.
It's not that bad in my case , with a radeon 5700xp and only playing in 1080p , but even there's stuttering while everything is not much more impressive than the souls i was playing on PS3 . Far from unplayable but obviously if you have a console get it on it , it can only be better optimized. Good game but that port is borderline.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Level 1, already defeated Godrick! This game is literally designed for toddlers. Good thing my IQ is lower than my batting average!

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Performance is kind of shit, not gonna lie. I meet the recommended specs, I have a 1070 8gb, playing at 1080p, framerate in the beginning open world is 30-50 fps, with the average being low-mid 40's. Also noticing the stutters I have heard others talk about. Really disappointing since every other Fromsoft game ran like butter for me. DS1 Remastered, DS2, DS3, Sekiro, all of them ran at 60 fps for me. :negative:

ADL

Prophet
Just a few more things before shutting down: combat speed seems to be DS3/BB levels. BB was good, DS3 not so much and since they kept rolling in, I'm afraid this is going to resemble the latter.

Also, speaking of rolling, I'm disappointed they kept it in instead of using quickstep. Maybe the jump will compensate? I couldn't get the hang of using it to dodge, but I only really fought the guys in the tutorial area whose attacks are pretty slow and the air time of the jump isn't too great. I wonder, will the jump will also get upgraded later like more air time or greater jumping distance?
I'd imagine you'll be able to find a quickstep ring or something eventually. They reused everything else, half-expecting to see trick weapons pop up somewhere at this point.
This is very interesting. I want to know more about this. What's the trade-off? What do you lose by launching the game with DX11?
Nothing yet but I'd imagine DX12 will be required for the upcoming ray tracing patch. I've yet to come across a game where the DX12 client is actually preferred when you have the option. I always use the Vulkan and DX11 clients when possible.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom