Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I cringed out of Nioh so hard after that cutscene with the anime gimp demon. Could never take the game seriously after that. WTF Japan.

Andnjord

Arcane
And the best part is that 44% of sales were on PC. PC sales are bigger than PS4 and PS5 combined!
So they need to release bloodborne in pc
yes.png

I played it back when I lived with a flatmate who had a PS4, always wish I could play it again, it was so good :negative:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I completed the game last night, 136 hours. Overall I am positive on it but I agree with much of the criticism people posted here, especially end-game fatigue and every other boss being an Artorias clone, which gets old. (look, I like Artorias. He's a great boss. But I don't wanna fight him 14 times per Souls game)

But I had a good time, especially the first 40 hours or so which were quite magical. I think it would have been just about perfect if the game had ended once you finish the capital area, it turned into a slog after that. I'd like to do another playthrough with a different build and try to do all the NPC questlines properly, cuz I screwed up most of them. I never even met Patches.

ADL

Prophet
And the best part is that 44% of sales were on PC. PC sales are bigger than PS4 and PS5 combined!
We'll get it after Bluepoint remasters it. I'm happy with that hypothetical outcome actually. Elden Ring seems like such a massive technical downgrade that I can't believe PS5 players aren't bringing attention to it. I know it's the cool thing to sperg out over an enemy design or two and call the remake shit but there are deep technical flaws in Bloodborne that won't be resolved by a simple PC port. Bloodborne and all From Software games deserve better.

I know it wouldn't have made a difference for Elden Ring but just look at this. It's like night and day. From Software should've bought or licensed Bluepoint's engine when they had the chance.

Sunri

Liturgist
We'll get it after Bluepoint remasters it. I'm happy with that hypothetical outcome actually. Elden Ring seems like such a massive technical downgrade that I can't believe PS5 players aren't bringing attention to it. I know it's the cool thing to sperg out over an enemy design or two and call the remake shit but there are deep technical flaws in Bloodborne that won't be resolved by a simple PC port. Bloodborne and all From Software games deserve better.

I know it wouldn't have made a difference for Elden Ring but just look at this. It's like night and day. From Software should've bought or licensed Bluepoint's engine when they had the chance.

wow looking trash, they can fuck off with this shitty remake
4ig2pj8871o51.png

ADL

Prophet
If you care so much about the enemy design, replace the model when the PC port comes out. At least you won't be dealing with From Software's shitty engine at the end of the day. I'm tired of the 60FPS cap, the hitching, the stuttering, the dated feeling controls, the unnecessarily high system requirements and the overall low budget feeling of these supposedly AAA games, especially on PC.

Sunri

Liturgist
If you care so much about the enemy design, replace the model when the PC port comes out. At least you won't be dealing with From Software's shitty engine at the end of the day. I'm tired of the 60FPS cap, the hitching, the stuttering, the dated feeling controls, the unnecessarily high system requirements and the overall low budget feeling of these supposedly AAA games, especially on PC.

I would rather take a climatic game with sub 60fps than this trash with wow looking effects and butchered soundtrack, reminder that both OG Demon souls and first Dark souls were dropping fps to sub 30 and were great anyway.

I never even met Patches.
there's nothing interesting about him here. He does virtually the same thing he did in previous games.

1AC02097BCE06A8C932AFD20246F310B745A678F

While mostly true, there's the exception of discovering him as...

...a surprise boss in Murkwater Cave, which can be discovered early on by traipsing around Agheel Lake. He's not a challenging boss if you find him later on, but he's likely to catch fresh players off guard. He'll yield to you if half or more of his health is depleted, and if you decide to spare him, he'll become a merchant when you return to the boss room (or you can kill him to get his bell, unlocking his stock at the Roundtable Hold). You can also start the fight again by attacking him after he's passive, and if he deals enough damage to you, you'll acquire a special gesture that you must use to calm him down, making him a passive merchant once more.

SumDrunkGuy

I spent like an hour farming that banished knight guy in Stormveil and it paid off. I love his armor set but now I'm a fat roller. I keep pumping points into endurance now so I can wear it with a great sword and speed roll. It's gonna take a fuckload of endurance points.

Is there a thing like that ring in Dark Souls 2 that increases your weightload? I forget what it was called.

Sunri

Liturgist
I spent like an hour farming that banished knight guy in Stormveil and it paid off. I love his armor set but now I'm a fat roller. I keep pumping points into endurance now so I can wear it with a great sword and speed roll. It's gonna take a fuckload of endurance points.

Is there a thing like that ring in Dark Souls 2 that increases your weightload? I forget what it was called.
There are 2 amulets that increase equip load.

ARSENAL CHARM

GREAT-JAR'S ARSENA

ERDTREE'S FAVOR

SumDrunkGuy

ARSENAL CHARM

GREAT-JAR'S ARSENA

ERDTREE'S FAVOR

I talked to the lady at the roundtable and she didn't give me the astral charm.

Sunri

Liturgist

ARSENAL CHARM

GREAT-JAR'S ARSENA

ERDTREE'S FAVOR

• Find Nepheli at the east side of the heavily guarded courtyard.
  • Exhaust her dialogues so that she offers her help in fighting Godrick the Grafted.
  • (Optional) Before you go through the gold fog door, there is a summoning sign next to it that you can use to summon Nepheli.
    • Regardless if you are playing online or offline, you can still use her summoning sign.
  • After defeating Godrick, she moves to the library of the Roundtable Hold. Speak to her and exhaust her dialogues.
  • She'll then reward you with the Arsenal Charm.

Wunderbar

Arcane

what an offensively disgusting HUD.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You don't even have to find Nepheli in Stormveil - I assume most people won't cut it requires you to take the direct route through the courtyard - just talk to her in the Hold after killing Godrick.

SumDrunkGuy

ARSENAL CHARM

GREAT-JAR'S ARSENA

ERDTREE'S FAVOR

• Find Nepheli at the east side of the heavily guarded courtyard.
  • Exhaust her dialogues so that she offers her help in fighting Godrick the Grafted.
  • (Optional) Before you go through the gold fog door, there is a summoning sign next to it that you can use to summon Nepheli.
    • Regardless if you are playing online or offline, you can still use her summoning sign.
  • After defeating Godrick, she moves to the library of the Roundtable Hold. Speak to her and exhaust her dialogues.
  • She'll then reward you with the Arsenal Charm.

Yeah I kind of killed Godrick without talking to her...

SumDrunkGuy

You don't even have to find Nepheli in Stormveil - I assume most people won't cut it requires you to take the direct route through the courtyard - just talk to her in the Hold after killing Godrick.

I did talk to her in the hold. She didn't give me shit.

And now she's not in the hold anymore. She said she had to go somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

SumDrunkGuy

Can I get the arsenal charm from her later Sunri?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom