Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I felt it was a hell of a shounen anime moment, and the game surprisingly has multiple of them - like Ranni playing the tsundere archetype 100%.
I got Resident Evil vibes during a lot of the boss introductions, as if I'd have to start punching boulders at any moment. Many of them were totally whacky

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Godfrey was also one of these "I can't contain myself so I have a limiter on. You beat me with my limiter, let me show you my true self". It's all over the place once you start noticing the stuff. Someone in the writing team was a clear cut otaku.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's my point, you village idiot. You play the same game 6 times in a row (in itself surely a sign of extreme stupidity), and then laugh at people dying to bosses on their first run? Do you see the disconnect there? Or do I need to make fun of you some more?
Oh no no no, Porky, you're committing a grave error here. I'm not laughing at people who die to bosses on their first (or second, or third, or fourth, for all that matters) run. I feel sympathetic towards them and applaud their effort. I'm laughing specifically AT YOU, because you're the only one here who loves to bring up his mad skillz and then can't take the heat when he gets teased about dying to Pinwheel. But please, don't let me stop you. It's not every day that I get to enjoy sophisticate takes like "you need to read online guides and watch tutorials not to die to Pinwheel" or "playing a game you enjoy more than once is a sign of extreme stupidity".

Andnjord

Arcane
Elden Ring: Bosses Come Twice. :hmmm:

Wait until you face them as a duo of normal mobs again. Twice. In the same area. In cramped rooms. With other mobs joining in the fun. 50 metres from each other. :kingcomrade:
There's a reason my sanity broke down in this area.

Are you left handed by any chance?

I am actually. Not sure if that makes the difference, but there it is.
That's a logical assertion. In Souls the two problems with that are: 1) the reach thing isn't always true and 2) counter-intuitively, you should really be dodging into an attack whenever possible.

The right strafe thing is more what feels natural to me and my monkey brain not allowing much deviation from that without me thinking about it.
When navies around the world were figuring out aircraft carriers in the 20s and 30s, they had to decided which side it was better to put the island in (the superstructure you see sticking out from one side of the flight deck). They chose to put it on the starboard side (right side) because among other things they noticed that when pilot had messed up their approach for landing they had a tendency to prefer dodging to their left (so towards the port side of the ship), which resulted in a few crashing into the island back when they still had some carriers with portside islands. Not every pilot did mind you, they were just playing the statistics game and trying to shave a few percentage points of accidents off, but enough for every navy in the world independently coming to the same conclusion.

Just a little correlation I'm finding amusing. ;)

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
That's my point, you village idiot. You play the same game 6 times in a row (in itself surely a sign of extreme stupidity), and then laugh at people dying to bosses on their first run? Do you see the disconnect there? Or do I need to make fun of you some more?
Oh no no no, Porky, you're committing a grave error here. I'm not laughing at people who die to bosses on their first (or second, or third, or fourth, for all that matters) run. I feel sympathetic towards them and applaud their effort. I'm laughing specifically AT YOU, because you're the only one here who loves to bring up his mad skillz and then can't take the heat when he gets teased about dying to Pinwheel. But please, don't let me stop you. It's not every day that I get to enjoy sophisticate takes like "you need to read online guides and watch tutorials not to die to Pinwheel" or "playing a game you enjoy more than once is a sign of extreme stupidity".
I'll have to join NJClaw here. Dark Souls was my first Souls game, I was playing it on a toaster that could barely run it and had horrible framerate whenever a particle tried to show up on screen, used Mouse and Keyboard, had no idea WTF I was doing (thank fuck for Solaire bailing me out so many times) had never played an aRPG before, and I still didn't die to Pinwheel (just don't ask how many times I died to the Taurus Demon).
But it's ok, you're still a codexer, bro :love:

Sunri

Liturgist
94nb7hd27bt81.png

Andnjord

Arcane
:lol:
I've done some Sunbroing in front of Godrick with my melee Jim Bob Samurai the other day with double blood infused katanas (started with the samurai class and beelined to the other one that drops in a catacomb) and whatever pieces of armor I could find that would put me just at the limit of medium rolling. I definitely was The Meta Guy minus the invasions, even been levelling Vitality as a priority, so I had around 1000+ hp already, but you can bet all the 'First Time' guys summoning me were happy to have me around.

Nathir

Liturgist
I have found crafting in this game to annoy me more than entertain me. I just don't use half of the shit I can make. I would really rather pick up bits of lore but I don't think these fucking bugmen have anything to say tbh.

Even just a directly usable buff item would be an improvement, I always made use of them when I found them in souls games but there's no way I'm going to bother looking for flowers to pick in ER's gigantic, crappy open world.

Also the specific flower shown in the video is used to craft attack power buffs that don't even stack with using something like Flame, Grand me Strength. Mmmh, waste hours of my life away picking shit in the open world, or level up faith to 15 and use the caster buff which I can use an infinite amount of times, a tough decision to make (I don't care if the consumable does better than the cast buffs, this is ridiculous nonsense).

Arteria leaf gets used for the perfume that provides the damage blocking bubble. That's a pretty good cheese item imo.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
It gets under my skin so much that faggot redditors will spend gigabytes bitching about bleed and especially rivers of blood, but won't acknowledge that BHS is far and way the most broken, game sullying shit From has ever done. Bleed is OP -- everyone knows it -- but you can counter bleedfags just by playing better.

But BHS is ridiculous. It trivializes PVE, so many fucking faggots think they melted some boss and are like "hurr durr that was easy" yeah of course the game is easy when you have a cheat code for the mechanics you spastic.

And then the damage it does to PVP is profound. There's no "counter" to BHS, there's just turning 30 second engagements into boring 5 minute affairs with the benny hill music playing in the background because you've got to chase these fags down repeatedly across the map until they FINALLY exhaust all their blue and chugs. There's your "counter" bro. If someone competent is using BHS, forget about it. You might as well just alt f4.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I also don't recall what BHS is supposed to be, but he says it does dmg, so it can't be Bloodhound's Step.

edit: Eh, I think he just worded it weirdly, it's gotta be Bloodhound's Step.

Andnjord

Arcane
Someone else mentionned a fix for it that I quite liked, tie it to your equipment weight. Light weight, stay as it is, normal weight have it give you quickstep, heavy weight gives you a normal roll instead of the fatroll...

You are giving up on the absurd damage potential of most weapon arts though, so it's not all rainbows. Seriously, why does the katana's Unsheathe R2 have to do the same poise damage, 50% more physical AND be several times faster than a fully charged R2 is beyond me.

Silverfish

Arbiter
One brofist to whoever can say what's wrong in these images :):

I tried killing him while starting as a wretch. Died ofc, and I quit the game with alt+f4. Somehow, after hitting Continue, I respawned outside the fog gate with 0 HP but invincible :D

The black guy?

Cope more, you just don't want to admit your presence in a room lowers the average iq.

In a thread with you, NJCluck, and Di_X, it would take the invention of Amoeboid Lobotomy to lower the average IQ. By less than one standard deviation.

Oh no no no, Porky, you're committing a grave error here. I'm not laughing at people who die to bosses on their first (or second, or third, or fourth, for all that matters) run. I feel sympathetic towards them and applaud their effort. I'm laughing specifically AT YOU, because you're the only one here who loves to bring up his mad skillz...

But my skillz ARE pretty epic compared to you. I actually do active stuff, like parry or dodge or block. You just literally exchange blows with the boss, based on your previous videos, and your OP meta-build does all the work. This really hurts you, doesn't it? :)

... and then can't take the heat when he gets teased about dying to Pinwheel.

I feel like I am taking the heat pretty well (and dishing it out even better), considering I am winning this argument easily against 3 or 4 dolts, who keep getting more and more butthurt about my excellent points. After all, I am not the one who is so obsessed with someone wrecking them that they put their sayings in their sig, or negatively rate every single post of theirs. Tiger blood baby.

It's not every day that I get to enjoy sophisticate takes like "you need to read online guides and watch tutorials not to die to Pinwheel" or "playing a game you enjoy more than once is a sign of extreme stupidity".

Nice strawman attempt there, but you lack the intellectual horsepower to pull it off, bae. Playing a rather long game 6 times within a month or two since it came out, THAT, my idiot friend, is the sign of extreme stupidity. You are welcome.

Dark Souls was my first Souls game, I was playing it on a toaster that could barely run it and had horrible framerate whenever a particle tried to show up on screen, used Mouse and Keyboard, had no idea WTF I was doing (thank fuck for Solaire bailing me out so many times) had never played an aRPG before, and I still didn't die to Pinwheel (just don't ask how many times I died to the Taurus Demon).

And what if I told you that I killed Taurus Demon on the first try? What if I specced in a parry build, and took out Gwyn on the first try? You see what I am doing there kiddo?

You see the irony in calling other people "dumb" and "stupid" while not realizing that "I've died to him on a SL1 [...] A proud moment to be sure" is basically just another shot at you, right?

It wasn't a shot, actually. Just saying that while dying to Pinwheel is funny, sometimes these things happen.

Lol, NJCluck's 60IQ logic wrecked yet again. Will the idiot ever learn? Probably not.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
In a thread with you, NJCluck, and Di_X, it would take the invention of Amoeboid Lobotomy to lower the average IQ. By less than one standard deviation.

Dude, you rated my post many hours ago, yet you decide to reply now, is that how long you spent seething? or the time it took for you to think up of an almighty retarded comeback ?

Died to Pinwheel. Opinion discarded worse than if you were a woman.

Come at me again, bre, after you've been within 10 feet of a woman.

And what language do you speak to your ... hand?

Dude, you rated my post many hours ago, yet you decide to reply now, is that how long you spent seething? or the time it took for you to think up of an almighty retarded comeback ?

Aren't you living on some social program in France? We have this thing called zeeee-job here in America. So I am trying to make my replies more efficient, instead of wasting time on every retard separately, I wait until each of you replies, and then I can consolidate my own reply in one highly streamlined and efficient package.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Aren't you living on some social program in France? We have this thing called zeeee-job here in America.
You really think you're clever, but you've got that wrong.

So I am trying to make my replies more efficient, instead of wasting time on every retard separately, I wait until each of you replies, and then I can consolidate my own reply in one highly streamlined and efficient package.
You already wasted your time reading the thread multiple times and rating posts but somehow you couldn't spend the 2 seconds to write your fancy pants oneliner. Right. We believe you. Special kiddo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom