Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i tried to get intentionally eaten by the virgin and the fucking whore just shredded me instead, making me lose a rune arc. I feel like an incel who has just been refused service by a whore whom he just paid to have sex with.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bosses have to be unfair just to gain the slightest chance of reacting to the unreasonable amount of overpowered tools this game gives you.
Yes and that's exactly why From's solution to difficulty is fucking stupid.

They make bosses idiotically difficult for 95% of players but then they give you Mimic with which, fully upgraded, you WILL one shot all non-gimmicky bosses except Malenia even if you're a barely average player.

Or, if you're playing online, they give you sunbros which will curbstomp everything for you. You don't even have to swing your sword once.

So in reality most their games have only two modes - MLG and For Retards.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So i tried to get intentionally eaten by the virgin and the fucking whore just shredded me instead, making me lose a rune arc. I feel like an incel who has just been refused service by a whore whom he just paid to have sex with.
If you're still struggling to get past the blades for the grab you could try vow of the indomitable.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No i was talking about getting intentionally eaten by the virgin at the bottom of the Academy to get ported into the trap in Mt. Gelmir. I stood there and instead of grabbing me the whore just stomped me with the blades lmao. Bitch.

Sitting in front of the fog of the virgin duo, contemplating if i feel like suffering now or later. I also wonder if i manage to get past them and activate a site of grace in Mt. Gelmir if it messes up some of the other NPCs. Just wanna see the Patches sequence. Wonder if getting to Volcano Manor this early is gonna make me lose some steps in the other quests.

Contemplating if getting eaten by the virgin now or wait for later. I wanna try getting to the patches encounter in Mt. Gelmir now since i missed it the first time, but having to do the virgin duo doesn't make me happy in the slightest.

I also wonder what happens if i get to the Volcano Manor now. I assume i won't meet the likely snake girl next to the grand lift but that encounter didn't mean anything anyway.

Also for some strange reason number of connections went down drammatically for the last two or three days. Not sure what happened i checked if i upgrated any weapon past +3 by accident but it seems i'm fine there. Tried helping somebody using a multiplayer password and was summoned fine, which i assume means i haven't been put on any special needs list among cheaters and the like. I had a lot of crashes since i started, game quitting to desktop for no reason during summons i hope the demented anti-cheat didn't just pick that up as "suspicious" behavior.
I think you miss the blackguard encounter this way. It might also mean Dung Eater's quest gets fucked up in some ways.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
No i was talking about getting intentionally eaten by the virgin at the bottom of the Academy to get ported into the trap in Mt. Gelmir. I stood there and instead of grabbing me the whore just stomped me with the blades lmao. Bitch.

Sitting in front of the fog of the virgin duo, contemplating if i feel like suffering now or later. I also wonder if i manage to get past them and activate a site of grace in Mt. Gelmir if it messes up some of the other NPCs. Just wanna see the Patches sequence. Wonder if getting to Volcano Manor this early is gonna make me lose some steps in the other quests.
I knew what you meant. I was suggesting using vow to not die to the blades so you can be grabbed. I usually just use a shield but vow is fancier. As far as breaking quests, not really. It just means that if you want into the manor proper you'll either have to walk up the hill or use speedrunner strats to jump down into the lava and something something bloodhound's step. I dunno I just walk up the hill. But yeah, if you got the invite its worthless now. You can still join but you have to walk up.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, i'll skip the virgin duo for now while i read on about whether going there early breaks quests.

Moving on to the Academy then:

Ho yeah btw got an hair cut and trimmed my beard. Had to make myself presentable for this place.

Last edited:

Ravielsk

Magister
I did and it was shit. Played it a few years ago, I barely remember anything from it.
Code Vein is just a God Eater game forced to dress up as a Dark Souls game. Its painfully obvious that the game had spent the majority of development as a God Eater title only to then very hastily switch over to the souls school of design. Just from the look of the assets its clear that the game was supposed to be more sci-fi than fantasy but then they changed course and suddenly there is a Anor Londo knock off and black knight wannabees in the middle of this science fiction game. Even the character had to be most likely hastily reshuffled into new roles as most of their stories quite frankly make little to no sense which is typical hallmark of late development rewrites.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, daymn boy, this guy was kicking my ass, had to cheese him through jumping attacks:

That carian parry even works with square off. Nasty stuff.

Now all i need is the sword and i can complete the Carian Knight cosplay shit lmao. Of course he drops the shield but not the parry skill, bitch ass.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
More like Rennala, Queen of RNG:

I actually enjoyed this fight this time around. The first time i basically winged it and had enough health that i wasn't too worried. This time, i was at risk of getting one shotted at any time so i actually had to pay attention to what she did. Had no idea her summons could still get you even after you kill her, would have been hilarious if the summoned giant had killed me right as she was dying.

The Decline

Arcane
Wow, I missed a lot of that second phase back when I played through the game. I must have been over leveled because I remember taking her out really fast before she could fire off more than a couple spells. I didn't even know she summoned creatures.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The joys of open world. I'm still +3 on my weapon and the difficutly still feels just right. Her health feels fairly balanced for my current damage output, even though i have enough material to upgrade my weapon past +8, and even as SL1 i would have wrecked her if i showed up with that.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Aww, i don't have the stats to use the Carian sword, even with Godrick rune. Cosplay denied, at least for now.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Blackflame build duelling.

Version 1:

Version 2:

I don't know which version I like better. I'd better decide soon or I'll run out of larval tears.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Aww, i don't have the stats to use the Carian sword, even with Godrick rune. Cosplay denied, at least for now.
You should be able to get Marika's Scarseal pretty easily, no?

True but i'm sort of following a self imposed ruled to just use anything i find along the way. I intentionally avoided making a beeline to items.

I'm also following the fextra route as i'm curious to see how that works out, so i'm still a bit off from Sofia river.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You should be able to get Marika's Scarseal pretty easily, no?

True but i'm sort of following a self imposed ruled to just use anything i find along the way. I intentionally avoided making a beeline to items.

I'm also following the fextra route as i'm curious to see how that works out, so i'm still a bit off from Sofia river.
Since you just defeated Rennala, you can also buy her hat at the roundtable. I know that would ruin the cosplay, but that sword is a 10/10. Any glintstone crown would serve the same purpose while looking less retarded.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, i guess i'll have to wear the mask. Still can't use the sword unless i have Godrick rune activated but that's a problem only when i'm getting summoned for co-op where i can just swap to another weapon anyway.

Still confused about how sorceries work it just seems you can just pick a couple and run with those i'm trying to work it out in a way where i have an array of spells for various uses but there aren't any other uses besides pew pew lmao. This is the set up i currently came up with:

I think for now i'll try pure magic than move on to fundametalism later, by using both sorceries and incantations.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So this is nowhere close to what LS is doing, but in the process of making my meta level DEX/FTH build I've been running though the game again. I've actually only finished it once and I used summons. So before now I've never beaten the endgame bosses without Tiche at my side. Here's Malenia and Godfrey:

Both very, very rough fights. I had quite a few better looking attempts at both bosses that ended in sudden death. I'm still pleased to have won.

I've been having a pretty rough time of it in PVP. Pretty soon I think it'll be time for me to stop playing until the DLC comes out. But I'll just get Elden Beast tomorrow so I've beaten the game without summons or being over levelled (I'm 138). Then I think I'll spend my free time playing Stray. Cute cats and no Bloody Helice, no dual greatspears, no bloodflame endure fist weapons. Just meow meow meow

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Alright, i guess i'll have to wear the mask. Still can't use the sword unless i have Godrick rune activated but that's a problem only when i'm getting summoned for co-op where i can just swap to another weapon anyway.

Still confused about how sorceries work it just seems you can just pick a couple and run with those i'm trying to work it out in a way where i have an array of spells for various uses but there aren't any other uses besides pew pew lmao. This is the set up i currently came up with:

I think for now i'll try pure magic than move on to fundametalism later, by using both sorceries and incantations.

Try night maiden's mist when you run into tanky enemies. Just don't walk into your own mist, it hurts you too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom