Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Game server down patch dropping or something?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, i just realized i forgot to change the holy boost tear i used on the Shade with the magic boost tear. So basically i could have raped the Dragokin even harder. With a +8 weapon at SL1. Why is this game so easy all of a sudden.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So apparently Giant Hunt doesn't do as much poise damage as Square Off. I'm using it on the bastard sword and i feel i just got a downgrade from my broadsword wtf kinda of balance is this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WTF is this i tried it on the T-Rex dogs and one Square Off and i break their stance, then again on the second hit etc. Giant Hunt will just knock them on their ass on the first hit but won't break their stance even after three hits, where they just die. It's good damage but it feels like a total downgrade from Square Off.

I need to get off this frikking Broadsword i can't be use the first weapon i had (aside the starting club) for the whole game shiiiiiet. I even wasted a bunch of [3] smithing stones to upgrade the Bastard Sword to +8 and those are hard to get before the relative Ball Bearing (tempted to make a beeline to Altus just to get that, i wasn't fond of the [3] stone grind).

Also tried poison mist and it's not great on big enemies. It works well on swarms of small enemies if you can keep them inside the cloud though at that point glintstone arc is just better but the big guys won't stand in it long enough to matter and even if you can make them tick the poison damage isn't that huge. Tried in on a rune bear and while i was able to sneak up on him as soon as the casting starts he aggros and jumps out of the cloud or wrecks my shit. I was only able to poison the sleeping ones because how long the wake up animation takes. This spell doesn't hold a candle to rotten breath seems like something that might be useful for PvP.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i tried Lion's Claw and nothing, Square Off is just flat out better than any of them.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So i tried Lion's Claw and nothing, Square Off is just flat out better than any of them.
If you're looking for an ash of war that deals more stance damage (40) than Square Off (or even just as much), you probably won't find anything. Flame of the Redmanes used to deal that much, but it has been nerfed into the ground.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Damn. That shit is so addictive i just tried it on the T-Rex birbs and owned the fuck out of them. Their fake out broken stance animation makes it even easier. I put Bloody Slash on the Bastard Sword as it's the only thing that even compares and i think i'll just use both. The T-Rex fauna in Caelid is gonna be too obnoxious otherwise unless i brutalize them with this stuff.

New patch, adds ray tracing. I wonder how bad the game runs with it. Looks like they didn't even add DLSS or FSR to help.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1245620/view/3702561138607566278

Ray Tracing Technical Specifications

MINIMUM:
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 10
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-10600K or AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
GRAPHIC CARD: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, 12 GB
RECOMMENDED GRAPHICS SETTING: 1080p - Low quality – Low Ray Tracing
:lol:
So, if I scraped enough spare money to get RTX 3060, which is about twice as fast as my current GPU, it still wouldn't be enough to run ray tracing on lowest setting with the rest of the in game options set to low. Yeah, definitely worth it.

randir14

Augur
I checked some comparison screens and it barely looks any different. All it adds is RTAO and shadows, not worth it for the ~20 fps loss. It's strange because I specifically remember an interview where Miyazaki talked about how ray traced reflections made the swamp look better - but the patch doesn't even add RT reflections.

I checked some comparison screens and it barely looks any different. All it adds is RTAO and shadows, not worth it for the ~20 fps loss. It's strange because I specifically remember an interview where Miyazaki talked about how ray traced reflections made the swamp look better - but the patch doesn't even add RT reflections.

Maybe it's because reflections produce an 80 FPS loss, putting performance at -20 FPS, at which point the game starts to run backwards.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm making a beeline to the map for the second section of Caelid and this dude shows up so i figured neat lets record it, then as soon as i alt tab back after starting OBS i almost got smacked to death lmao:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho come on, sleep doesn't work on those guys? For once that i actually found a use for this status effect like in the Mad Pumpkin duo fight and it already betrays me:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Died five times because i failed to jump on the horse at the right millisecond, had to reset it another 12 times because he kept jumping on some fucking ledge, and i kept missing despite being at point blank range. Dragons are such clusterfucks to fight:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
RIP royal knight's resolve. Its now a 40% buff to a single hit that get removed by dodging through the hit and costs 15 FP. Good news is they fixed the phantom bloody finger and the IGN glitch. That alone makes this a good patch. Everyone using greataxes is pretty cool too. I'm was already working on a 138 STR build that mains a longhaft axe. Perfect timing.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Boss design is literally so gay in this game compared to Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls (PS3).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom