Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Bloodeyes

Arcane
RL1 invasions are actually a lot of fun. I'm not levelling my weapons on this character above +3. Its such a mix of people. Lots of starting characters sure but almost as many like this guy:

I also love how main stat doesn't matter at all, only meeting requirements. So I can change builds by changing clothes and talismans. Yesterday I was using dragon spells and bloodflame flamberge. Today I'm a misty mage.

Edit - Exhibit two:

RL1 invasions are great. That was intense. Beats the shit out of farming rats.

Edit 2: Okay I know I'm spamming these now but look at this password phantom!

Rest in peace mighty RL220. Taken before your time by a dastardly RL1 invader.

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
I love how there's all these zones but they pull the same From shit where they think 50 big annoying enemies = le challenge. Also the same big enemies, but now cold edition! Lol Miyazaki.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
340743758_223767276907420_2204537961225580711_n.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man this fucking guy, i was doing a perfect run then he pulls some illegal bullshit towards the end and makes me fumble (pissed me off enough i even did a rage quit afterwards lmao):

I NEVER saw him do a follow up like that after his jump attack. It even technically worked out in my favor since he just ran right into my jump attack but it confused me enough that i almost got creamed.

I also expected him to be more beefed up than this but he didn't seem to be any harder than the one in Altus. Moving on don't care about a not hit run i think i got him pretty much figured out give or take some bullshit follows up like this.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
RL1 invasions are actually a lot of fun. I'm not levelling my weapons on this character above +3. Its such a mix of people. Lots of starting characters sure but almost as many like this guy:

I also love how main stat doesn't matter at all, only meeting requirements. So I can change builds by changing clothes and talismans. Yesterday I was using dragon spells and bloodflame flamberge. Today I'm a misty mage.

Edit - Exhibit two:

RL1 invasions are great. That was intense. Beats the shit out of farming rats.

Edit 2: Okay I know I'm spamming these now but look at this password phantom!

Rest in peace mighty RL220. Taken before your time by a dastardly RL1 invader.

I'm not much of an invader, more of a sun bro kinda of guy as i feel bad about ruining people experiences so i don't have the right sadistic mindset to play a red phantom but the few times i did try it on this SL1 run when my weapon was still +3 i found them actually more entertaining than high level invasions because even against twinked enemies you can still trade hits. I find it much more common for people to one shot me with my high level toon with 40+ vigor than with my SL1 guy. You are also more likely to meet up people with low level gear, no weapon arts etc so it becomes a true sparring match.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, couldn't leave it alone. My friends started taunting me that i couldn't do it, so i had to give it another go to show those dago bastards:

Bloodeyes

Arcane

I'm not much of an invader, more of a sun bro kinda of guy as i feel bad about ruining people experiences so i don't have the right sadistic mindset to play a red phantom

I mean there's a grace every 30 seconds so it doesn't really ruin anything for them if you win. Plus they've been given a lot of advantages against you. You're in their world and they get to decide the experience you have there.

Hosts get:

- Double your estus.
- Two password phantoms who can be any level (and their defense, FP and status build up don't down scale, hence why I was using the mist in those vids, its one of a few ways to kill them).
- The ability to resummon those phantoms as many times as they want.
- The ability to summon limitless blues and just hide until they eventually get one who's better than you.
- The ability to use a rune arc, which at low level gives them defense equivalent to bull goat chest and helm in addition to the 40 extra levels.
- The ability to activate taunter's tongue to lure in invaders then turn it off so you don't get a coinvader.
- Advantage in level (on average). You can always invade up further than down. Phantoms can also be higher than hosts without downscaling. So at 60 you can be fighting a 100 phantom with no downscaling.

Elden ring is a gankers paradise and at least 50% of hosts are straight up trolls, using some or all of these advantages to gank and bag invaders all day. I've been killed by 3 dudes waiting with dual lances in Liurnia hundreds of times and always bagged, pointed down etc. If you've got a chance at all in an invasion its because the host has given you one either through ignorance of the above advantages or because they actually want to PVP (many do, a large proportion of invasions are TT runs or bonfire duelists).

I appreciate the rare good host and bow to them if I win. I appreciate that they chose to give me a chance by actually playing the level instead of ganking with a 3 man on Radahn's beach.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't know, half the time i tried invading someone i caught him in the middle of a battle with a boss. I killed them then felt bad about it lmao.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I don't know, half the time i tried invading someone i caught him in the middle of a battle with a boss. I killed them then felt bad about it lmao.
A lot of invaders will kill the phantoms in that situation then see if the host can fight the boss themself. For me I kill them all if I can. Mercy for host scum is pathological altruism.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, moving on:

In case you are wondering, i totally cheesed the bear in the cave. Took one rotten breath, four poison pots, and six (SIX) casts of Night Maiden's Mist to take him down. Must have had over 15k health fuck fighting that thing inside that tiny, cramped space. Not that i think From intended you to fight it i think they put sleep in the game specifically for those bastards.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
To say this boss is a joke now it's an understatement:

Can't believe there was a time i found this hard.

Anyway, that 15% dmg reduction tear is mighty juicy. Imma try it on the dragon in the bridge tomorrow. If i still get one shot i'll switch back to what i have now lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How come i can face a whole dragon without feeling the slightest bit of fear but i'm scared shitless of a single Vulgar Militia manlet?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wish I never deleted that video of me fighting a giant grizzly beast with my fists. One of my greatest big dick moments.

Edit

Oh this a video game thread. Wrong place sorry, I thought this was real life discussion

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I really like the color scheme of this one:

Been playing around with the Tricia ash hoping to find one that would count as a "passive" buff and doesn't violate my "solo" rule but alas she can take aggro from the boss. Can still use her to get rid of some of the filler in the open world i guess without having to waste any arteria leafs. Those ashes needed more utility too many of them are just redudant as they all basically do the same thing. I guess in a sense they mirror weapons in that respect but still, could have gotten a little more creative.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No idea why put a boss this weak in an area that's supposed to be high levelish. Meh:

Margot also let herself go since last time i saw her in Lupin III.

Alright, enough for today. Tomorrow it's gonna be the fully grown beast thingy!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, somehow i managed to distract him from his little light show which in turn confused the hell out of me and had me wonder around for a second waiting for it to happen but it's all good, still killed the bitch no problem:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So FINALLY i get to this thing and i fuck it up lul:

Amazing how this entire area has been scraped from my memory. Whatever, moving on to Volcano Manor!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, i cheesed the dragon down Volcano Manor by casting Night Maiden's Mist from the hole in the side. Always wondered if it was possible and i guess it is. Sheeiiit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Crap, i can't get a no-hit on the Godskin Noble. Like his skinny brother, there's some RNG bullshit. First, the whole wheel sequence is uncertain because of all the clutter. I died many times just running into a lamp or some random crap like that. Second, he has that quick belly attack he can just insert at the end of everything, so even with hit and run tactics the second phase feels like a matter of luck more than anything if i get hit or not.

I'll try again later on. I got like a bunch of victory videos if i can't get a no-hit run i'll pick whatever looks best and upload that one and move on.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The hell i'll upload one just to show my friends and you faggots where i'm at:

I'm usually able to get inside the flame no problem but here i got hit because i was bit too much on the side. Second hit is that stupid belly attack which i can't figure out how to avoid. He seems able to do it after every attack i do. Blocking it doesn't work as i still get damaged.

I'll give it a few more spins tonight if not i'll just leave it at this. My friends can get fucked i still got a metric ton of game left so i can't get hung up on this nonsense.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom