Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Bloodeyes

Arcane
This halberd will slay many a noob. Seriously using this thing at low level is a war crime:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
More RL1 fun. I still really need fan daggers to finish off low HP foes.

I also got absolutely dumpstered by some dude with a claymore. Its not only noobs at this RL.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Shit, last time i was here he killed himself with rot lmao, fuck didn't expect having to fight him:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW one thing i like about this SL1 run is that my health is so low that i'm basically running with the Ritual Sword Talisman 100% of the time. Bosses one shot me most of the time now and if they don't one flask and my health is back at 100% so the damage bonus is basically active constantly.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I just tried co-op. I've never helped a host before. Its harder than killing them. I know tree sentinel pretty well. Like I can no hit him with wretch club +0 now in 1 or 2 attempts. We barely won. Having another player really fucks up the bosses patterns. Still, I got summoned pretty well instantly so this could be a good secondary source of rune arcs.

Godrick is dead and I'm working my way to Renala. The wolf is going to be a nightmare. I'm using summons but I still only have a +1 jellyfish so that won't be much help.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
The wolf is going to be a nightmare.
The bloodhound fang's ash of war wrecks him in a way that shouldn't be legal, while perfectly avoiding his sword attacks
I actually overestimated the wolf. I got him pretty easily with my claymore just spamming L2. Renala now stands between me and the capital with its precious ritual shield talisman.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The bloodhound fang's ash of war wrecks him in a way that shouldn't be legal, while perfectly avoiding his sword attacks
I actually overestimated the wolf.

If you watched any of my videos you'll see that's gonna happen a lot. Even as SL1, if you go all out on damage you can just brutalize most bosses, especially the ones in caves and the like that are just regular mobs repurposed. Even without ashes if you use everything this game gives you everything just seems to melt away. People that complain about Bloodborne boss combos without Bloodborne player speed don't understand what balances that out is all the shit that just breaks the game. The weapon arts, stance breaking, guard counters, parry etc. You don't HAVE to really roll-fu everything, and in fact i suspect From designed things around this very fact. For instance, you can trivalize Revenants with a bouncy shield, don't even need to use an healing spell. Same with the dual wielding knight in Castle Sol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Funny, this fight felt no different from my last one, mostly because that grab attack could one shot me now as it could then with 40 vigor, so there was basically no difference:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I actually overestimated the wolf.

If you watched any of my videos you'll see that's gonna happen a lot. Even as SL1, if you go all out on damage you can just brutalize most bosses, especially the ones in caves and the like that are just regular mobs repurposed. Even without ashes if you use everything this game gives you everything just seems to melt away. People that complain about Bloodborne boss combos without Bloodborne player speed don't understand what balances that out is all the shit that just breaks the game. The weapon arts, stance breaking, guard counters, parry etc. You don't HAVE to really roll-fu everything, and in fact i suspect From designed things around this very fact. For instance, you can trivalize Revenants with a bouncy shield, don't even need to use an healing spell. Same with the dual wielding knight in Castle Sol.
Yeah my damage is limited because I'm sticking to +3 until I've got my rune arcs. But there's still a lot I can so about that when I need to. I'm not really buff stacking yet, just ash spamming and distracting with my jellyfish where I can.

Renala is still an easy boss. Even RL1. It took a couple of tries to figure out the right gear setup but once I worked that out it was pretty easy, even with several mistakes:

Once I get preceptor's big hat I'll be able to do an (almost) full charged cast of rotten breath. Look out General Radahn!

Edit: I murdered Latenna for her drip lol. Now wearing bandit mask, bandit boots, blue silver mail chest and carian knight gauntlets. Its worse stats than my old gear but looks way better! That's enough progress for today I think. I've got three talisman slots, an arsenal, spells, drip and dragon eyes. I always knew how busted gear and weapon arts are in this game but its really crazy to have killed two main bosses at level 1. I'm not even good, anyone could get at least this far!

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If only i had pressed the button a millisecond sooner:

Revenge but meh, didn't feel very satisfying:

For the sake of variety i switched to a twin blade but it seems i picked the wrong enemy to try it on.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
More progress.

Draconic Tree Sentinel:

Ghost Godfrey:

I'm almost at the point where I can begin invasions in earnest. The next target is Radahn. I want to partially complete Ranni's quest in order to get a golden seed, some upgrade mats for my summons, the stargazer heirloom, the black whetblade and the Preceptor's Big Hat.

My plan for the late game is to have Banished Knight Oleg tank while I cast Rotten Breath from behind him. Obviously this won't work on Elden Beast, but I'll cross that bridge (or not) when I come to it.

In the short term I'm going to get the prosthesis wearer heirloom and the Antspur Rapier and take on Radahn. I'll need that rapier for over levelled phantoms anyway.

Edit: O'Neill

Edit 2:

Radahn:

Eleonora:

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Mimic tear:

A crucible knight again:

That's almost all the bosses I'm going to fight before I start collecting rune arcs for the late game. I want to beat the rotten erdtree avatar in Dragonbarrow to get the opaline hardtear. That onw will actually be hard because avoiding the rot completely is difficult and if I heal to get ritual shield back I'll miss my attack window. I think I'll do that one tomorrow. If nothing else I've got a pretty decent level 1 invader out of this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mimic tear:

A crucible knight again:

That's almost all the bosses I'm going to fight before I start collecting rune arcs for the late game. I want to beat the rotten erdtree avatar in Dragonbarrow to get the opaline hardtear. That onw will actually be hard because avoiding the rot completely is difficult and if I heal to get ritual shield back I'll miss my attack window. I think I'll do that one tomorrow. If nothing else I've got a pretty decent level 1 invader out of this.

Didn't expect trickery on the Crucible. You should record the other next and try to have him fall to his death so he can join his friend in humiliation.

The rot avatard is not bad you just have to try to run behind him when he is spraying that crap. Just circle around him then try to roll-fu his attacks from the front while the rot on his back dissipates.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Okay so this turned into an all nighter somehow. I didn't even notice.

This will be my last post for a while as my build is now complete. There's stuff like perfume bottles to get and farming to do, but the main thing will be killing 600 odd new players for rune arcs.

So anyway, I got my estus maxed without incident. Then I fought putrid avatar to get my physick sorted (Hardtear and crimsonburst).

After that the only thing I needed was blood loss and poison boluses as ROB is still highly prevalent and dangerous in the hands of a password phantom. So I had to kill the bell bearing hunter. I decided parries were the way, as I'm +3 still so trading wasn't really an option. So I went for dagger talisman. Through the Godskin Noble:

Parries only was a disaster. I've done it before but I think I was just too tired by this point. I got him close a couple of times only to screw up and die. So I lost patience and did this instead:

With that the only thing left was to earn my blood eyes. I need two reusable fingers so I can spam them to get invasions faster. So the slaughter began... slowly. I had to wait for invasions on the festering finger.

I actually feel a bit bad about this. Hosts are a bunch of dirty fucking bastards but these people were all harmless noobs. I think I'll try to help more of them with bosses and only invade when that gets slow. This character will be a hell of an asset to a low level host!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, this was kinda cute, to do the whole spinny thing once their shell was broken:

But i'm still not feeling it. The damage is good if you can get a bunch of hits but the reach is bad and most enemies aren't just gonna stand there while you do the whole spinny combo.

Plus, it feels redudant to have a fast hitting weapon without some kind of status effect. I'll keep it on for a bit, but it seems i'm naturally more geared towards hard hitting weapons.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, just wtf now. :hmmm:

First off, why the fuck does he keep avoiding me is this part of the AI nerf? Half the fight is me chasing after him waiting for him to attack. My last fight he was relentless now i just had to chase after him until he decides to attack this is beyond retarded:

Second, aren't those Evergaols supposed to walled off? How in the fuck... :hmmm:

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, wasn't really happy with the above. Since this is the strongest version of that thing from what i understand, i decided to do another take since i felt it needed a bit more humiliation and rape. Enjoy:

This is with a couple hours of practice. I managed to learn how to parry three of his attacks, but you can see me do only one in the video because i wasn't sure about the other yet and i wanted a not hit and the third one, the one where he scrapes the knife on the groud he didn't do it at all, which is a shame as i switched to golden parry precisely for that one since i had some trouble gouging the distance.

On the plus side, i figured out how to punish his grab attack! I also managed to pull off a few backstabs when he does that red whirlwind thing when i was practicing but its a bit tricky and i preferred to go the safe route and just give him a couple pokes.

BTW, interesting thing i noticed. While the bonus from the crab thing gets replaced by golden vow, the effect isn't actually erased, and since the boiled crab lasts longer, you get to see the bobble pop up the second golden vow expires, which is a good visual clue if one wants to try applying goden vow again. My boomer eyes can't see the golden aura or the icon disappear, not during a fight, but that boiled crab bobble is very noticable.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, one reason it took me so long is that his hyperarmor randomly gets triggered after a critical hit, making a no hit run a bitch to pull off, but i didn't want to give up those couple of pokes after a backstab or a reposte so i had to take a chance on the RNG. Shit like that is one of the reasons i rarely bother trying to make no hit runs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, tried to combine frost and bleed, but apparently i couldn't get bleed to proc so it's basically pointless:

Of course, even with high arcane on my previous toon and over 100 bleed on a weapon i could barely get two procs in a fight so i guess as SL1 there's no chance unless i can keep up the build up which on bosses like this isn't likely. Flamberge is a dex weapon to boot so i don't think it's worth it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, new set up.

Tried it on the t-rex doggos in Dragonbarrow, which worked great except for those fucking belligerent goats holy shit they fucked up three attempts and nearly did this one too:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom