Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, yesterday couldn't get down to it as i had to go out so i tried a couple more times this morning, and i think this is close enough:

Seems the only way not to get hit by that random belly attack is to either get lucky that he doesn't do it or play chicken during his second phase, which in both cases defeats the purpose of saying that i actually did a no-hit so whatever.

Neat thing i just realized is that if you hit him after his power up you can distract him from doing the wheel thingy, at least for a while.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So tiny patch dropped today and apparently it "fixed" a bug with the jelly buff remaining even after switching it with some else? I had no idea that was a glitch i figured that's how it was intended to work.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, did they have an argument or something? His friend with the torch didn't even try to join in while i smacked his brother around. This just felt pathetic:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
In other news, the jelly buff doesn't work when two-handed with the new patch, i have to switch to turtle now:

I guess it never was supposed to work, which is great as that invalidates most of this run now lmao. In a way i'm glad though, buffing constantly with that shield was getting pretty fucking obnoxious.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WTF man, those twins were relentless...

This time he didn't engage at all, as you can't even see the second health bar. Not sure if it's some nerf or if it's only because i hit them from behind this time. Just wanted to fight them closer to the rest point didn't know this broke them.

I'm moving on though, the original fight was cancer already and i had three times the health fuck it lul.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This guy needed a bit more poise or some hyperarmor me thinks lmao:

He would have died even faster if i had used fire instead of frost (he is immune to frostbite) but i forgot to change the physick tear from magic to fire damage so he got to live a two extra seconds longer. Ho and for the record, is it my imagination or did Craigblade last longer than i remembered it?

Didn't record the golden Ulcerated Tree Spirit 'cause what's the point, it was the same shit as all others.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, after the last time i humiliated him, it seems he wanted to come back for more:

Makes me miss the first parry by unexpectedly jumping back but it's all good. Even a scrub can get a lucky shot right?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Good run but watching your Elden Ring runs is bordeline coprophilia.

Nothing personal, just that each post reminds me of missed opportunities. A constant triggering of what it could have been.

Just depressing. Probably much more depressing than Miyazaki intended.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Nothing personal, just that each post reminds me of missed opportunities. A constant triggering of what it could have been.

What missed opportunities, on my part or from the game itself?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Last one of those things, and since i read he is weak to piercing and lighting, i decided to kill him in style:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That thing is great BTW i've never been fond of light hitting weapons i like biggus numbers and biggus bonking and that's the biggest pocking sword i've seen so far.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

The game itself.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, take heart though, as the faster i go through this the faster i'll get to playing Sekiro lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Saw a message that said something like "try parry, therefore let there be weak foe", therefore, i went bonking instead:

This is another fight of course which has been completely ruined by the AI nerf. The little guys just kept wondering aimlessly around while i smacked the Warden like a bitch. I gotta wonder if it's actually working as intended because this doesn't feel like they just made it easier, it simply seems broken.

Spike

Educated

The game itself.
In what ways? What are some examples of missed opportunities?

I'm a huge From fan but my biggest complaints about the game are the reskins/rehashes of enemies. Oh boy, another big crap/lobster/bear...Also the "every area has catacombs/caves/mines with the same assets"...Still a great game though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, tried it a few times this morning and this is as far as i got:

Gonna make a few more attempts to see if i can get a cleaner victory later on today. I lost my bearing for a bit after killing the first one and started fucking up until i got it back. I won but it doesn't look l33t enough lul.

Of course, just like the Gargoyles, they didn't nerf the AI at all on those two, so i have no idea what the hell they were trying to do. If they made the AI passive to make those multiple boss fights easier, why make exceptions for the harder ones? Just keep them all as they were at that point, or just nerf them all and be consistent. Such a nonsensical "fix".

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, had to go out shopping today so i didn't get much time to try it again. Did a few runs after dinner but couldn't get a better fight than what i posted, but i did pull off this crazy shit at one point lol:

Sadly, it seems i actually made it worse as they both started flying and as i dodged one dive bomb i ran into the other and got skewered. It was a brief but beautiful moment of glory.

I may give it a couple of more tries tomorrow but if i can't do better i'll just move on. I guess i reached the limits of what i can do.

These endless boss fights LS is posting discourage me from attempting to replay this even more. Fuck, one could finish 10 games in a time it takes to go through this shit..

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So how long till you finish the game? How much you have left?

A ton, but i'm trying to rush through as much as i can before i either finish it or burn out. Probably why it feels i'm clogging this thread with boss fights on my first playthrough there was a big delay between boss fights because i spent much of the time on the open world, doing co-op etc. This time i'm just melting all the open world stuff as fast as i can so it looks like i'm just doing one boss after the other.

Keep in mind i don't have as much free time as i used to which is why it took me forever to finish it the first time but this time i'm cheesing the open world as much as i can and only focus on fighting bosses legit to make a record of it so i won't have to fight them ever again (or play this game for years to come lmao).

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, i wake up this morning and first try this happens:

Fuck it, i can't deal with this RNG bullshit just pretend i did a not hit run you can see how far i got with this and there's not much else i can show, at this point it's all about gambling on luck.

Moving on the Draconic Tree Sentinel then.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Lmao, i wake up this morning and first try this happens:

Fuck it, i can't deal with this RNG bullshit just pretend i did a not hit run you can see how far i got with this and there's not much else i can show, at this point it's all about gambling on luck.

Moving on the Draconic Tree Sentinel then.

I'm subscribed to your youtube channel and these videos pop up in my feed. Please look at the wiki page I linked you on buff categories. You're doing better with this now but you're still overwriting your crab with bloodboil aromatic. Its not a big deal, crabs are cheap and its better than overwriting the bloodboil and wasting the time you spent farming the mats for it. But it triggers me. Also bloodboil only buffs physical damage. Some of the damage on your lightning scaled greatsword is physical but its not the best body buff to boost the damage of this setup.

To reiterate my previous post, the most recent ONE of each of these count:
- Body buff
- Aura buff
- Weapon buff (be aware that some weapon arts count as weapon buffs and are lost when you swap it out, others do not and could be unique or aura buffs. The only way to know is to look up the wiki page for that WA).
- Shield buff
- Health regen buff
- Stamina regen buff

All of these stack:
- Unique buffs (like your jellyfish shield WA, certain other WA's and most crystal tears for your mixed physick)
- Passive effects from talismans
- Passive effects from clothing
- The bonus from your great rune

Just bookmark this page and if you want to add a new buff to your regime check what category it will be replacing. Sometimes overwriting your buff is what you want to do (I do it all the time in PVP) but that should be a choice you make based on your circumstances.
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Buffs+and+Debuffs

Edit: Removed suggestions for build/tactics. I'm sure you have reasons for your setup and prefer to keep it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom