Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, i wake up this morning and first try this happens:

Fuck it, i can't deal with this RNG bullshit just pretend i did a not hit run you can see how far i got with this and there's not much else i can show, at this point it's all about gambling on luck.

Moving on the Draconic Tree Sentinel then.

I'm subscribed to your youtube channel and these videos pop up in my feed. Please look at the wiki page I linked you on buff categories. You're doing better with this now but you're still overwriting your crab with bloodboil aromatic. Its not a big deal, crabs are cheap and its better than overwriting the bloodboil and wasting the time you spent farming the mats for it. But it triggers me. Also bloodboil only buffs physical damage. Some of the damage on your lightning scaled greatsword is physical but its not the best body buff to boost the damage of this setup.

To reiterate my previous post, the most recent ONE of each of these count:
- Body buff
- Aura buff
- Weapon buff (be aware that some weapon arts count as weapon buffs and are lost when you swap it out, others do not and could be unique or aura buffs. The only way to know is to look up the wiki page for that WA).
- Shield buff
- Health regen buff
- Stamina regen buff

All of these stack:
- Unique buffs (like your jellyfish shield WA, certain other WA's and most crystal tears for your mixed physick)
- Passive effects from talismans
- Passive effects from clothing
- The bonus from your great rune

Just bookmark this page and if you want to add a new buff to your regime check what category it will be replacing. Sometimes overwriting your buff is what you want to do (I do it all the time in PVP) but that should be a choice you make based on your circumstances.
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Buffs+and+Debuffs

Edit: Removed suggestions for build/tactics. I'm sure you have reasons for your setup and prefer to keep it.

My problem is that with my shit memory i have some trouble remembering a lot of this crap, so i just roll with it. The buffing phase for me actually helps me focus, it's like a zen thing while i go through the routine i get ready mentally so sometimes it doesn't even matter what i use.

As you guys probably suspected, i just couldn't leave it alone and had to make one final attempt:

Almost there, just got hit once.

Tomorrow i may or may not try to get into an actual sparring match with the Draconic Tree Sentinel, since the brutal bonking i gave him kinda trivalized him lmao. That, or i can just wait until the one before Maliketh to try it (especially if it's a more beefed up version), we'll see how i feel about it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This time i didn't mess up!

BTW, i just discovered this raptor piece increases the power of jump attacks. I finally decided to look at the list of items that give bonuses as no matter how many times i read about them individually i keep forgetting this stuff.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, here's my new get up, that Raptor armor with the jump attack bonus but for the head i'm using the battle mage mask, which actually matches perfectly with the rest of the set. The mask gives me enough strengh to use the Great Stars one handed now, which makes me pretty versitable. I can use a parry shield when needed, then switch to turtle for two-handed bonking, as demonstrated here:

I can also swap out the turtle for the jelly, which i now use mostly for guard counters since i can no longer keep the jelly buff when two-handing. Jelly doesn't have super great stability but still has the great shield bounce and the damage buff when doing guard counters is great.

I'm sure there's probably better set ups but even as SL1 i'm still mindful of fashion so i'd like things to match up at least.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i've been experimenting with the Bloodhound's Fang which is also supposed to give 10% of extra damage with jump attacks but it pales compared to my current set up. With the Bloodhound's Fang, i did around 600 damage on the first jump attack, 400 with everything there after, where as with the Great Stars and Lion's Claw, Flame buff etc, well, see for yourself:

Not a scientific test as this thing is weaker to strike attacks, is immune to bleed etc, but still.

It's amazing how much better split damage is on lower levels. Makes it pointless to use anything else as SL1.

BTW, i also tried that crystal tear that's supposed to make it easier to break enemy stances for around 30 seconds but it seems it did nothing? Not sure if it's just shit or bugged. I wasn't exactly counting as with that thing jumping around didn't make it easy to get an accurate test but it felt it took the same amount of hits to bring him down. For 30 seconds it should be a lot stronger than this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, he dared to kill me, so some humiliation was in order:

I'd like to use fists more often, but the reach is really shit. Half the time i couldn't even hit him at point blank range for who knows what reason it's really annoying.

Also, Craigblade doesn't seem to work with fists. Imagine still having those bugs after so many patches.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

I'd like to use fists more often, but the reach is really shit. Half the time i couldn't even hit him at point blank range for who knows what reason it's really annoying.

Also, Craigblade doesn't seem to work with fists. Imagine still having those bugs after so many patches.

Cragblade does work with fists. There have been poise damage nerfs to fists in 1.09 to fist weapons which may have something to do with you not getting the stance break in that fight. They nerfed it because running R2 into R2 was a true combo and this was being heavily abused.

For fists try iron ball (boggart's weapon) charged heavy with cragblade, axe talisman and spiked cracked tear. I haven't tried it on 1.09 and can't play myself for another week at least but it should still be good. Try it, it's one of the strongest things in the game.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm about halfway through this. I've been watching in small chunks. I'd heard of DSP but never watched him before. He really is as bad as everyone says:

He became popular for his series on Metal Gear, which spawned the now legendary "this is how you don't play MGS".
Don't know if this is real but that's Kojima's international twitter handle

RynRMxe.png

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Cragblade does work with fists.

So the damage bonus is invisible? Because it doesn't show up on the character screen. Didn't try it on an actual enemy though.

Finally getting his stance broken right at the last hit worked out alright from a flair point of view lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i made it up to this point, after dying half a dozen times lmao:

This area feels higher level than the rest of Leyndell for some reason. Mobs hit harder and the Omen basically one shot me, while not even the bosses up above did.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Cragblade does work with fists.

So the damage bonus is invisible? Because it doesn't show up on the character screen.

I've made my controllers inaccessible to myself for a couple weeks (9 days to go) because I need to meet real life obligations so I can't test but I vaguely recall cragblade does show on char sheet. Could be wrong, some skill don't. Check another weapon type and if it indeed is a bug it may have been created in the latest patch. I was going to suggest a bug report but they're not taking those any more. Outrageous.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Craigblade works with other weapons, and i can see the numbers change in the character screen. Only fist weapons have this problem.

The last patch did intrudce some bugs, like if you use frenzy spells with the jelly buff on you no longer do any damage at all, so we know for a fact this patch did screw some things up.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Seems familiar, therefore let there be finger memory?

Can't believe how well i remembered this one, probably because he is the only late game boss i took the time to learn properly and did an almost perfect fight with him on my first run. That was before my save got corrupted and i had to redo the entirety of Mountaintops of the Giants, Consecrated Snowfield and the Haligtree, at which point i no longer gave a fuck and basically half-assed my way towards the end, just to get it over with.

Could easily do a not hit with him but it would be pointless, you get the gist of it and you can refer to my first fight if you need pointers and ideas on how to deal with him:

I'm trying to think of something new i can do when i face the full version later on but there's nothing much that can be done i think besides rolling and bonking. You can't parry him so that's out. I was also thinking of showing up with his own weapon but then i remembered you have to kill him first to get it lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i think i may be actually spent lmao. Been flying through the game as fast as i could, but i gotta take a break or it's gonna break me instead. Avoided playing today will take a few days off i think.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, before i take a leave of absence, just wanted to post this. I did this yesterday just to show what this fight would be like if i went all out:

Gonna take a day or two of rest then i'm going to try to actually spar with him so at least i can claim that i actually fought him fair and square. For a boss that's supposed to be such a show stopper he is simply too frail.

Elttharion

Learned

Pretty funny Mod.

Gotta do my Solo Wing Pixy cosplay now.

images

Did you know... there are three kinds of Elden Lords?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright folks, i got enough rest today i decided to resume this run. Can't risk getting unhooked else i might just quit for another seven months like last time.

So i gave Maggot here a few more spins. After bonking, comes parry:

Earlier i also had some fun with a concept build i came up with a while back, a kind of frost knight vaguely inspired by those Zamor dudes, using Hoarfrost Stomp or this spinny thing i decided to use here:

I was going to try a pure roll-fu run but there's no point, plenty of rolling in those two videos already as it is.

While i have still a lot to go, i am finally technically close to the end, at least by the standards of this game lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i sort of remember there was some faggot who said what i did on those videos couldn't be done, that the only way to beat this boss was to use bullshit tactics.

Ho yeah right, PorkyThePaladin. Get your ass in here and explain yourself.

Didn't I tell your dumb ass that playing this shit 40 times in a row doesn't count? All it says definitively is that you have no life.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Didn't you say you spent a week trying to beat a Sekiro boss?

What do you think of games like this, do they deserve to exist in your book?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, one of this days i'll have to try to 1CC Dodonpachi lmao. I almost made it once, but my stupid boomer brain just tends to wonder off sometimes and i die like a retard. I cleared the last two stages using save states in MAME at the start of each level but doing all five in a row exceeds my capacity to focus.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So let me get this straight. FromSoft boss designs are bullshit because they are impossible without using cheap exploits unless you are willing to fight them 40 times. At the same time, you beat the hardest boss they ever made in a few tries (and from what i understand, Sekiro doesn't have boss deleting abilities like Elden Ring does).

Which is it exactly? Is Elden Ring actually harder than Sekiro or what am i missing here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom