Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

JDR13

Arcane
Did that last patch change the way leveling works? Now I'm getting a +1 to every defensive stat every time I level, where as before I only got that every other level-up.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I added a link to my channel on my signature lol. I feel like i'm NJClaw's mentally challenged brother now.

Way too lazy to make this playthrough as spiffy as he did, just winging it as i go along.

It seems i also overestimated how hard this was going to be, which is making me not bother trying too hard on the filler bosses.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wait, you can proc freeze on those guys? I thought they were immune to everything:

I think i can say i finally mastered them lmao.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man that fucking skull spell is the most annoying shit ever:

I had half a mind of trying it again as it was just retarded that i had to run away from him for 10m before i was able to heal but fuck it, i ain't got the patience for it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, i feel burn out is coming up. Tried to do as much content as i could but i think i'll have to take a pause soon. You guys will be free of my autism for a bit lul.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nice, got one shot because i couldn't see the lighting in the cloud:

Nice to see this boss is as cancer as the last time.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Nice, got one shot because i couldn't see the lighting in the cloud:

Nice to see this boss is as cancer as the last time.

That's unfortunate. You were doing pretty great up to that point.

By the way I noticed in your buffing at the start you used FGMS, exalted flesh and crab. These are all the same buff category (body buff) and so they overwrite each other. You only get the most recent one. Yes it's kinda bullshit that there's nothing in game that tells you this. Try using ash of war Golden Vow instead as it will stack with you FGMS. Commander's standard's AoW rallying standard is another good option for an aura buff if you just want damage but obviously comes attached to a much heavier weapon.

Buffs from hats and talis will also stack with everything such as lord of blood's exaltation + white mask, kindred of rot's exultation + mushroom crown or some combination of these items. There's also ritual sword and shield which stack with everything or the branchswords if you like to live dangerously.

Also your physick buffs stack with everything except for health and stamina regen buffs which stack with talis but not with cast/consumable regen buffs. So crap like spiked cracked tear + axe tali + roar ash + roar medallion works well if you like charged heavies.

Grafted blade buff could also help you get more vigor in the late game with its WA. If you 2h it with Godrick's great rune active while stacking radagon's soreseal and starscourge heirloom and wearing the haima glintstone crown you meet requirements and can cast its buff. The 40 extra levels (on top of the 40 from the rune arc) may be enough (when combined with ritual shield of course) to not get one shot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I have no idea, couldn't tell the fuck was going on.

Anyway, got him in two more attempts. Not super happy with either, but i'll take it (i had some truly great ones but i died like a retard. Those two i managed to kill him so i kept them). Second one i figured out how to squeeze in Lion's Claw, which made the fight a lot shorter. Will post videos as soon as they upload.

I'd need a lot more practice to make it perfect but i think it's good enough. I don't want to spend 500 hours on each boss as that will just make my burn out worse and i don't want to pause this for another seven months like i did last time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

By the way I noticed in your buffing at the start you used FGMS, exalted flesh and crab. These are all the same buff category (body buff) and so they overwrite each other. You only get the most recent one. Yes it's kinda bullshit that there's nothing in game that tells you this. Try using ash of war Golden Vow instead as it will stack with you FGMS. Commander's standard's AoW rallying standard is another good option for an aura buff if you just want damage but obviously comes attached to a much heavier weapon.

Buffs from hats and talis will also stack with everything such as lord of blood's exaltation + white mask, kindred of rot's exultation + mushroom crown or some combination of these items. There's also ritual sword and shield which stack with everything or the branchswords if you like to live dangerously.

Also your physick buffs stack with everything except for health and stamina regen buffs which stack with talis but not with cast/consumable regen buffs. So crap like spiked cracked tear + axe tali + roar ash + roar medallion works well if you like charged heavies.

Grafted blade buff could also help you get more vigor in the late game with its WA. If you 2h it with Godrick's great rune active while stacking radagon's soreseal and starscourge heirloom and wearing the haima glintstone crown you meet requirements and can cast its buff. The 40 extra levels (on top of the 40 from the rune arc) may be enough (when combined with ritual shield of course) to not get one shot.

I had no idea those things didn't stack. Fuckers.

I need to try some of this as i'm starting to feel the low vigor now. Up to this point i barely noticed a difference with my previous toon but now the SL1 is actually starting to get noticed, at least health wise. Damage i still can't tell the difference, so at least i'm good there.

I've been using Ash Golden Vow up to now but for this boss i just didn't see the point. 45 seconds aint much on a boss where you get a change to do some damage every 45 minutes.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane

I had no idea those things didn't stack. Fuckers.

I need to try some of this as i'm starting to feel the low vigor now. Up to this point i barely noticed a difference with my previous toon but now the SL1 is actually starting to get noticed, at least health wise. Damage i still can't tell the difference, so at least i'm good there.

I've been using Ash Golden Vow up to now but for this boss i just didn't see the point. 45 seconds aint much on a boss where you get a change to do some damage every 45 minutes.
Here's the wiki page on buff categories. You get one buff per category except unique buffs which all stack with everything: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Buffs+and+Debuffs

As an RL1 character your best survivability buff will be ritual shield, but opaline hardtear could also help some. Opaline hardtear also stacks with crab though at endgame you're likely going to have to just not get hit. I'm pretty sure you'll get one shot by the likes of Godfrey and Radagon no matter what buffs you use.

But maybe not. You can get 25 vigor with grafted blade + godricks. That with crab, opaline hardtear, golden vow and ritual shield may let you live 1 hit. If you live one hit and can drink your estus you can get ritual shield back and maybe survive the next hit. This is theory. I haven't the patience to do RL1 myself.

Best of luck, its a hell of a thing you're doing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, watch the second one if you gonna watch anything, first one is retarded lmao:

Imma go eat something now.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
543 pages is quite impressive for a "Let's Play" thread. Kudos to Lyric Suite! :salute:

I wish we had an Elden Ring thread for more general discussion though.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
543 pages is quite impressive for a "Let's Play" thread. Kudos to Lyric Suite! :salute:

Try posting something that's relevant to a general discussion. As it is, a lot of people around here played and discussed the hell out of this thing a year ago, and the DLC isn't out or even fully detailed yet. A more active thread outside of LP type videos would just be shitposting.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fortissax is trivial IF you're willing to upgrade your weapon to the max. Placidusax is the real bitch, and the only boss I skipped during my SL1 let's play. I beat it after a dropping the game for a while and it wasn't as difficult as I thought, but still miles above the rest of the game.

Way too lazy to make this playthrough as spiffy as he did, just winging it as i go along.
Nobody can claim my autism crown. An entire playthrough to diss porky and he still hasn't even acknowledge my existence.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Didn't think there was any point to make a dedicated thread for this. Besides what kind of let's play would it be if i'm liable to put the game on freeze at any moment lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fortissax is trivial IF you're willing to upgrade your weapon to the max. Placidusax is the real bitch, and the only boss I skipped during my SL1 let's play. I beat it after a dropping the game for a while and it wasn't as difficult as I thought, but still miles above the rest of the game.

Nobody can claim my autism crown. An entire playthrough to diss porky and he still hasn't even acknowledge my existence.

Still going strong with a +10/+4 weapon. The way i flattened those Fia's Champion dudes into pancakes makes me think this is still the correct damage output and that anymore would just bypass the challenge. On my second Fortissax victory video i hit him on the snout with Lion's Claw and did almost 3000 worth of damage if i had shown up with a 20+ weapon i might have one shotted him right there and then lol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, so on my first try i just brutalized him which was funny but kinda of unfair:

So i decided to try it again later today by doing a bit of sparring and roll-fu, no backstabs after that jump attack which would have made it just as easy:

He has a five to six hit combo that's pretty hard to dodge, so i tried to keep my distance a bit but all that did is trigger that jump attack over and over, which didn't make it much of a roll-fu fight, not like the Bell Bearing Hunter.

And since you can just backstab him after every jump attack i'm afriad i'd have to consider Blaidd a scrub, despite his fancy moveset. I'll give myself props for figuring out how to punish that annoying backward swing he does.

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur

Never met them.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Inspired by LS I've decided to try my own RL1 shenanigans. Not sure how often I'll play this save but it could be fun to dabble with it now and then. I'll need rune arcs for the late game. That will mean slaughtering hundreds of hapless coopers.

Based on this test that seems very doable. Especially once I collect more stuff.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, defeated the camera, i mean, the dragon in the lake of puke whatever:

Onward!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Inspired by LS I've decided to try my own RL1 shenanigans. Not sure how often I'll play this save but it could be fun to dabble with it now and then. I'll need rune arcs for the late game. That will mean slaughtering hundreds of hapless coopers.

Based on this test that seems very doable. Especially once I collect more stuff.

Grab as many as you can as griding rats is a pain in the ass.

Also that +8 weapon drop kills co-op for good. Not sure about invasions, though how many SL1 guys can there be out there.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Grab as many as you can as griding rats is a pain in the ass.

Also that +8 weapon drop kills co-op for good. Not sure about invasions, though how many SL1 guys can there be out there.

Yeah I've been doing RL 32 +5 invasions for a while so I know not to pick up the halberd or the rapier. So long as I keep my weapons at +3 (somber 1) I can invade from 1+0 to 21 +6. I'm doing my upgrades at the church of Elleh so I don't accidentally over level my weapons.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Putting upgrade materials in the chest so you cannot upgrade the weapon accidentally works also. You can tell i've been there lmao.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom