Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Hm. Watched the "story trailer" for the first time. Malenia is missing her right arm... just like Millicent? And the latter (who also lost most of her memories) just happens to be retracing the steps of the former, after the suspicious wizard gave me a thing that halted her disease... and they both happen to have red hair. Millicent is Malenia, isn't she? Don't answer that.

And Ranni, apparently, also has one eye sealed with a weird mark, just like Melina. Interesting...
fhgczhgwxsu81.jpg

This handy guide will answer all your lore questions.

Caim

Arcane
To be honest at this point i'm just under the assumption Miyazaki is pulling shit out of his ass at random and laughting his ass off at people actually trying to figure it all out lul. Just look at this smug asshole:

034.jpg
It's the Evangelion school of design.

"Bro I just put it in there because I think it looks cool, it doesn't mean shit."

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Hm, I helped Sorceress Sellen escape her imprisonment, and she then overthrew the sorceress queen and pledged her loyalty to me, only for Renalla to be back as soon as I rested at the checkpoint, and Sellen is now a barely-sentient blob of heads. I presume Ranni did this?

These quests never have any satisfying endings, do they?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Just because this was supposed to be an actual challenge, i decided to put it on record despite having killed this thing a trillion times already:

Of course he ruins a perfectly good no-hit attempt by getting staggered right in front of his rot diarrhea not once, but twice.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I bet you thought i was going to fight all five of them back to back lmao no fucking way time for cheating:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anyway progress report! Loretta down! Getting ever close to Malenia:

BTW, i thought i was copying NJClaw's fight against Loretta here, going by memory of what he did, but i went to rewatch it and i saw he actually parried the big arrow arrack with Carian. Fuck i totally forgot about that would have been cool to do it too but ho well, too late now. That's what i get for wanting to go "blind" (give or take that i already fought her last year).

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Welcome to the Souls series!
That's literally what happens with Irina. She dies and her father comes after you as an invader.
It's like they don't know how to end any quest other than by having the main NPC die/get horribly fucked right after reaching their goal. Why did Sorcerer Thops die after returning to the academy? He was just sitting at the desk, having finished writing his super-special spell. Not even indication of anything lethal, or any buildup to impending insanity, like with Big Hat Logan.

It's like a child throwing away his toys after he's bored of playing with them. Azns. :roll:

:1/5:

That's literally what happens with Irina. She dies and her father comes after you as an invader.
It's like they don't know how to end any quest other than by having the main NPC die/get horribly fucked right after reaching their goal. Why did Sorcerer Thops die after returning to the academy? He was just sitting at the desk, having finished writing his super-special spell. Not even indication of anything lethal, or any buildup to impending insanity, like with Big Hat Logan.

It's like a child throwing away his toys after he's bored of playing with them. Azns. :roll:

It's a theme borrowed from the Souls series. There, all characters are undead who are slowly but surely losing their humanity. They do keep a certain grasp of what made them human. It's then established that, by having the PC helping them, they lose said thing and by consequence they lose the feeble link with humanity they had, making them effectively go full dead.

Thops died because everything he had was his yearning. When he got his wish, because of your actions and not his, only death waits for him.

Also he wasn't powerful enough to get into the Academy proper in the first place.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fun fact, if those big knights are dying but they don't see you, they won't actually heal (their flask heals them at full health btw, fucking cheaters). Also Night Maiden's Mist plus the poison tick apparently blocked the second from healing too. He kept trying but couldn't lmao:

Lastly, apparently the Erdree Avatar is what animates those ballistas, not the soldier dudes. This fucking game i accidentally walked in front on them while killing the Avatar and they shot me.

Last edited:

Nathir

Liturgist
Hm, I helped Sorceress Sellen escape her imprisonment, and she then overthrew the sorceress queen and pledged her loyalty to me, only for Renalla to be back as soon as I rested at the checkpoint, and Sellen is now a barely-sentient blob of heads. I presume Ranni did this?

Well, Sellen is studying one of the forbidden schools of sorcery, and was expelled from the academy a long time ago. Maybe Ranni did that to her idk, but I think it is implied that her own research and ambition backfired.

Nathir

Liturgist

Thops died because you helped him cheat his way into the academy. Cat-Headed eagle explained it very well.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Thops died because you helped him cheat his way into the academy. Cat-Headed eagle explained it very well.
Not really, entering the academy with a spare glintstone key isn't fatal in any way, and the characters here aren't Dark Souls undead who go hollow if they lose their "purpose". It was just a lazy way to end a quest without having to record more character dialogue (FS seems to be quite stingy in that department).

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Why the fuck did they put the last Volcano Manor assassination so far away in unexplored areas I haven't even gotten to yet? Was this quest designed by someone with brain-damage? Like, what the actual fuck? Can I get there fast by using some teleporter somewhere?

Also, Diallos questline also ends with him dying, this time from being attacked by a random jar poacher off-screen. How end any questrine? Oh, I know, kirr main NPC! Very originaru, I raugh every time! *raughs*

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have no problem with durability as long as there is a way repair everything that breaks, and I don't mean some annoyingly limited and obscure way like in the new Zelda. DS2 did everything perfect. I've always felt that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom