Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Seluvis

made a Sellen realdoll and you just know he jizzed on and in it every single day

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's probably a bug that Sorceress Sellen appears at the Witchbane Ruins before the appropriate part of her questline and while still appearing in her initial location in Waypoint Ruins.
A glaring bug that they never fixed in any subsequent updates?
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png

I don't think it's a bug. I think it's a mystery that's supposed to leave you scratch your head on purpose, but the game is so large that the resolution of it just takes too long to appear. I think many quests in this game were written following the Souls style but they didn't adjust them for the larger size of the game. Some of those questlines definitely needed a few extra steps if anything just to keep them alive in your head.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So a friend asked me to try it with frost instead, so this is what i came up with:

Considering i was able to break his stance more easily with the hammer, so more critical hits, i'd say nothing compares with bleed against this guy, not even rot and frost combined.

I'm going to be too busy for the next few days to resume this run and start the Haligtree so for now i got nothing to do but dick around with this guy whenever i get some free time. Gonna try it one more time without status effects just because i really enjoy this boss. Once you figure him out he is pretty entertaining to roll-fu.

Later this week i'll pick this run again and make my way to Malenia hopefully before the end of the weekend. After that it's Farum Azula plus the end game bosses and i'm pretty much done until the DLC. Think, you guys will be finally rid of my autism!

Nathir

Liturgist
Hm, so Seluvis was a puppet this whole time? And Pidia got killed by his own puppets right around the same time this happened... Was Pidia in control of Seluvis? But then, who controlled his puppets to kill him? I was just looking for Blaidd in that area, but instead of finding him I came across yet another conspiracy I didn't know this questline needed.

And I'm still not sure why there's two different "Sorceress Selen" (not counting her inactive puppet in Seluvis' secret rape-basement), and why I can't tell this to anyone. Maybe part of another quest I haven't started yet/already failed somehow?

And what am I supposed to do with the cursemark of death I finally got from Ranni's original body, now that Rogier's long-dead? And I thought D's secret twin brother would appear in Roundtable hold after the gargoyles, but he never does. And where's Fia? And is someone in the game ever going to explain wth is an "Empyrean"?

These are all rhetorical questions btw, unless I am actually missing something or already failed these questlines.

Post-Aincel river edit: Oh. Oh!? Ohhh... interesting...

Did you progress Seluvis' questline with the potion? That one explains why Pidia and Seluvis get terminated and by whom. If you didn't do any steps of that quest, you wouldn't know.

Puppets hate their masters, I think its implied someone (the same person who killed Seluvis/turned him into a puppet) broke Pidias control over them, and they immediately ganged up on him. And I don't think Seluvis was a puppet. Selen does not exist in 2 places at the same time because of a bug... The one in Witchbane ruins that is trapped is the real one. The one in Limgrave is a projection, trying to find the right person to help her main body. The inactive puppet in the basement is just that, a puppet. And it's important in continuing Sellens quest.

The second cursemark you give to Fia. And an Empyrean is basically a being that can become a god (Marika is a god).

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Well, he didn't exactly die... just went inactive in the same pose as all the other deactivated puppets.

I'm pretty sure Seluvis wasn't real, which would explain why he was acting so cartoonishly haughty... it was a servant's idea of what an important official would sound like.

seluvis is a dude who makes realdolls for his own amusement and has an astrological map sewn into his hat, that tells you everything you need to know.

there's also the chance to give the potion to

THE FREAKY FECAL FEASTER

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, so i got a little bit of free time today and has promised i gave this asshole one last try. I was going to do it plain but i really wasn't feeling it. I actually don't particularly like to try to intentionally gimb myself, i want to feel like i'm doing everything in my power to win, develop strategies, use whatever is in my arsenal etc. So i decided to do it using some fancy set up with the Bloodhound's Fang attempting to wrestle everything i could from it:

Bloodhound's Fang has a 10% damage increase to jump attacks which stacks with the Claw Talisman and Raptor's chest piece for a solid 30% damage bonus. It also has a native bleed proc, and is one of those rare somber weapons that can actually be buffed. So first off i tried to get a bleed and frost proc on the first phase, then switched to regular damage boost for the second phase. Ideally i should have used a fire grease but this fucker has very high fire resistance so i had to default to something else. In retrospective i might have tried to use a blood grease to see if i could have gotten one extra bleed proc but it's ok this is fine too.

It worked great, except for one caveat, which is that i couldn't get him to stagger as easily with Bloodhound as i did with either that big rot hammer of the Great Stars in my orignal fight.

Tomorrow i'll need to go out of town again so i'll start the Haligtree whenever i come back. Really curious to see how i'll fare against Malenia.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
So is there anything in East Caelid (the sand region where you fought Radahn) aside from the one catacomb with great farming potential? Seems to be quite barren, tbh.

Also, how do I progress Ranni's quest after killing the Baleful Shadow? She bid me farewell, and then the next area is the Lake of Rot, which I don't feel like exploring yet. Is she there?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So is there anything in East Caelid (the sand region where you fought Radahn) aside from the one catacomb with great farming potential? Seems to be quite barren, tbh.
That's it, IIRC.

Also, how do I progress Ranni's quest after killing the Baleful Shadow? She bid me farewell, and then the next area is the Lake of Rot, which I don't feel like exploring yet. Is she there?
You need to use the key given by Ranni to unlock a chest near Rennala in Raya Lucaria. The Lake of Rot leads to
yet another coffin, taking you to a boss fight, following which you can ascend to an otherwise unreachable part of Liurnia, in which you can find Ranni.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So I normally invade at RL 32 or RL 60. Today I tried invading at RL 150. Here's how that went:

I think I'll stick to 60. The invasions at this RL last less time than it takes to find them.

Edit: One more because this one is funny

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok just because i didn't like the flame on the ground ruining my finisher, and also because i didn't like that i couldn't kill him before the buff ran out, i decided to make a more refined attempt so i can make a permanent record of this once and for all:

Just beautiful. All i had to do is switch the crystal tear for the appropriate damage i was using on my buff, in this case magic damage, instead of that windy crap which as far as i can see doesn't actually do a whole lot (supposed to give one extra i-frame, couldn't tell the slighest difference). I only regret he died on the backswing and didn't allow me to get the full weapon art for a final kill shot, but i'm not autistic enough to chase THAT lmao.

This guy is now so easy for me i was barely even noticing what i was doing, just reacting purely through finger memory, but i still think it's one of the most entertaining bosses in the game. It's not unfair, feels good to master and offers a great spectacle.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Agreed, Mohg is an excellent fight. He's probably From's best implementation of an area-denying ability. Maybe not a high bar, when their usual MO is random flaming pillars all over the arena, but nonetheless.

Caim

Arcane
Sorta. There's a spot near the north-western part among some roots all the way up. You go here for a painting, and there's a tough golem up there.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Protip when you get to the laser beam golem: grab what you need to grab and nope out of that. He drops nothing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho yeah i remember that one lmao.

Yeah i noticed how easy it is to just brutalize bosses even as SL1 and had to hold back at times just to have an actual fight, mostly just going all out on the useless bosses. I'm also guilty a bit of being a show off. Like, i didn't actually need to roll so much around Mohg (especially his tres, duo, unus etc) it just looked better lmao. I even reset it a few times when he kept casting that raining spell over and over. It looked retarded as i couldn't do anything but stand there and wait for the fire to go out so i just hit that memory of grace thingy to reset it. I've also started to use that memory of grace thing to get rid of the lost souls crap in the middle of the boss room to make it look a little more tidy lul.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So anyway, tomorrow i'm going to start the Haligtree, finally getting close to Malenia! Funny thing is the fight i'm actually scared of is not her but the one where i have to save Millicent. I could barely it pull it off on my last run and i was SL150 with a +25 weapon. Gonna have to use any illegal or broken shit i have to keep her alive from those bitches.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Hm. Watched the "story trailer" for the first time. Malenia is missing her right arm... just like Millicent? And the latter (who also lost most of her memories) just happens to be retracing the steps of the former, after the suspicious wizard gave me a thing that halted her disease... and they both happen to have red hair. Millicent is Malenia, isn't she? Don't answer that.

And Ranni, apparently, also has one eye sealed with a weird mark, just like Melina. Interesting...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
To be honest at this point i'm just under the assumption Miyazaki is pulling shit out of his ass at random and laughting his ass off at people actually trying to figure it all out lul. Just look at this smug asshole:

034.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anyway progress report! Loretta down! Getting ever close to Malenia:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom