Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Jacov

Educated
Haven't played this since 2022.

Made the biggest mistake of playing From game shortly after launch, silly me.
My first build was: giant weapons (pre attack speed buff) and holy damage (with most main bosses having 40-80% holy resist). So it was miserable. Tried playing it several times after that but almost always dropped before fighting the Fire Giant due to burnout (game's too big with boring open world and shit boss design).

Was thinking about picking it back up lately, and there's the DLC coming, sooo... How is the game after two years of patches?

ferratilis

Magister
Some of you mentioned this DLC involves time travel. What makes you think that? I haven't really kept up with the lore. If it involves time travel, then that would have huge implications for the main story, right?

Rhobar121

Scholar
June, hey, not bad, gives me time to prep for it.

That fucking price tag though.
It depends on how much content there will be. After the trailer alone, there will be at least 5 bosses and 2 legacy dungeons.
It is unlikely that they will show all the bosses in the trailer, so the DLC seems really massive.
For the record, DS3 has 19 bosses (if you include ancient wyvern).

Rhobar121

Scholar
Some of you mentioned this DLC involves time travel. What makes you think that? I haven't really kept up with the lore. If it involves time travel, then that would have huge implications for the main story, right?
Nah, time travel as DLC has been around since DS1.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Wait, 40 dorrah?! This expansion had better not be the size of a single base game zone with a couple of "legacy dungeons" thrown in...

It's a common FROM design.
In Dark Souls 1, you traveled to the past to visit an area of the game before it got corrupted.
In Dark Souls 2, you traveled to the past to learn about the fate of the giants.
In Dark Souls 3, you actually travel to the future to witness a potential world-ending scenario, at least for the area you're in.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Plus in DkS there's the concept that light is time and when you cast the repair spell the weapon basically travels back in time to the moment of its creation. Item description on DkS3 I think.

Meshugger

Novice
I really hope that this DLC is going to take place in the future and can be accessed after the ending, like a true sequel.

After spending 165 hours in one playthrough just to start again for a DLC that starts mid-game with a size based on the pricetag to be about 80% of the base game is borderline gnarly.

the tree doesn't look like it's burning down like you see it in the later parts of the game. in fact it's kinda alive and leaking something. who knows. from dlc are emant to be done in the late game stages anyway.

Bendu

Augur
More screenshots.

PTe59wu.jpeg
eTFMhMD.jpeg
rRQ1ePv.jpeg
WdhcrLo.jpeg
LcptyuP.jpeg
trsNJ5Q.jpeg
O9PhFUp.jpeg
HQtNzgz.jpeg
Pamegar.jpeg
kvdA9sD.jpeg
IPXE5PI.jpeg

And two more snippets:

2SUTWQ9.png

tPy3Q9Q.jpeg

Hmmm it says nothing about timelines, but it does say they are different locations that can be travelled to and from. Kind of like the undeground areas I guess.

The snake man is probably a new candidate to the Volcano Manor. That questline ended too abruptly, so they are probably going to put something of that in there.

Probably Rya too?

Vibalist

Arcane
Is it too much to hope that they also reworked some of the late game areas of the base game, like the Mountaintops?

I wouldn't be mad if they didn't, as this looks awesome, but it sure would be sweet if they did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom