Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Elttharion

Learned
Doesn't seem any more weird or gay than some of the shit you'd find in Dark Souls, or a lot of real world mythology for that matter. It's a world filled with strange demi-god incestuous relationships. I don't see what the big deal is. It's a fucked up, stagnant, decaying setting and this is par for the course.
I don't think real world mythology has many gay femboy gods who every other god specifically the male ones lust after. It's pretty obvious gay pandering and fetish baiting. Gwyndolin made no sense either and was also dumb fetish shit but at least the entire story didn't revolve around him.
The gay incestous pedhophilic romance is a huge win for the LGTV community.

Funny how I saw someone say on twitter that its actually okay because Miquella is a thousand years old demigod.

Edit: If they go with the Miquella is actually using his powers to control his sister, Mohg, Rahdan, etc it can be 'ok' as he would be the major villain and an asshole. Still a huge cliche and a big disapointment since they could have gone wild with the boss design but they are instead giving us a reskin. I am still hoping it works like this. I was personally expecting a Miquella turns into Femto boss fight but I think that would be too much, even for Memezaki.

Elttharion

Learned
My takaway from the Elden Ring lore was that all of the demi-gods were pretty much terrible.
Rahdan was kind of a cool dude. Cared for his men, etc. I also liked that in his boss fight you are actually putting a great champion and leader out of his misery and giving him a dignified death. Pulling him back from the dead just to make him simp over his femboy brother is kinda retarded, imho.

My takaway from the Elden Ring lore was that all of the demi-gods were pretty much terrible.
Rahdan was kind of a cool dude. Cared for his men, etc. I also liked that in his boss fight you are actually putting a great champion and leader out of his misery and giving him a dignified death. Pulling him back from the dead just to make him simp over his femboy brother is kinda retarded, imho.
Sounds very european tbh

eldenring.jpg

The "table" Miquella is in always looked like a pelvic bone to me, I thought they were going to pull some kind of "unborn" type of lore with xim

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Doesn't seem any more weird or gay than some of the shit you'd find in Dark Souls, or a lot of real world mythology for that matter. It's a world filled with strange demi-god incestuous relationships. I don't see what the big deal is. It's a fucked up, stagnant, decaying setting and this is par for the course.
I don't think real world mythology has many gay femboy gods who every other god specifically the male ones lust after. It's pretty obvious gay pandering and fetish baiting. Gwyndolin made no sense either and was also dumb fetish shit but at least the entire story didn't revolve around him.
You mean aside from Loki shapeshifting and fucking everything? And Zeus? And those are just the obvious ones. Just because it didn't make it into the disney version doesn't mean ancient mythology wasn't full of perverts.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Love that the only criticism is "the game is to fucking long already" lol

The other criticism is "yeah it's a bit uneven but hey, compared to the shit out there it's amazing".

I spotted a couple making that argument if you scroll down to the lowest rated reviews lmao.

911 Jumper

Learned
Nothing concrete, just these bits from the interview
“I wouldn't necessarily say that open world is going to become the new base or foundation or standard of the company. As I kind of hinted in earlier responses, we have a lot of game directors and designers who are growing, so we'd love to keep an open mind in terms of the types of games that we develop. So, of course, I can't really say anything at this exact moment, but perhaps when you see future announcements from From Software you'll look back at this point and think, "Ah, that's what he meant."”
“On an individual level, however, the sense of overcoming challenges, and the dark fantasy world setting is something I will always have, but I don't necessarily think that will always be the direction of the company because others might feel differently.”

There's a new Gamer Informer interview, too, where he talks about Sekiro being a “big turning point”.

Hidetaka Miyazaki Talks Why Bloodborne Is Special To Him And How It Led To Elden Ring

Nathir

Liturgist
You could've stopped at the bolded part.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
As of right now, the Steam page for Shadow of the Erdtree says it's releasing in 18 (19) hours. According to the official global release chart put out by Fromsoft, that is false and we're actually looking at a PC release that is 5 hours beyond that, so actually 23 (24) hours away. Just a heads up for people who are watching that Steam countdown and possibly planning their day around it.

9ted6

Educated
You mean aside from Loki shapeshifting and fucking everything? And Zeus? And those are just the obvious ones. Just because it didn't make it into the disney version doesn't mean ancient mythology wasn't full of perverts.
Mythology and society at large wasn't nearly as accepting of sex as modern (leftist) historians claim it was.

Even if it was there's a big difference between a fickle king of the gods lusting after mortal women and a literal anime femboy who every exclusively male god wants to bang.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yes, across thousands of years and an entire continent, everyone agreed on what kinds of sex were okay. Sounds plausible.

You're trying to set some moral high bar with a mythology where people regularly fucked animals, raped eachother, and killed their own children to spite their cheating spouses. The idea that a femboy and anyone they fucked would be too taboo to create a myth about is beyond absurd.

Don't tell him about greek culture, the roman orgies, the catholic priests that owned brothels (which caused the necessity to call a vatican council to ban such happenings)... and that's just Europe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom