Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Wunderbar

Arcane
What happens when you die in this?
if you ask about penalties such as getting turned into beef jerky, then there are none. You just get teleported to the last not-bonfire.

Shrimp

Arbiter
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/message-about-some-performance-issues-elden-ring

A message about some performance issues in ELDEN RING
Thank you very much for playing ELDEN RING and for your feedback.

We are currently experiencing some issues that are preventing the game from playing properly under some conditions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your patience.

Main items to be revised

• Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
    • We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
  • Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name is set to 2-byte characters.
    • We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
  • Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplayWe will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
    • For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.
  • About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
    • If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly.
    • We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly.
    • Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting "Quit Game.”

We are also working on a few other bug fixes and performance improvements as needed. Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team if you encounter other issues.

Thank you for your continued support of ELDEN RING.

Ivan

Arcane
thoughts after 1st playthrough:
I'm not smitten with it, but I am enjoying it for the simple fact of it being a NEW experience. Since this is my fifth rodeo, I decided to choose The Wretch class, I also wanted to have that feeling of earning every piece of equipment. Music has been a letdown so far, exploration has felt very much like previous Souls, I often forget there's a jump button as it's seldom needed/called for. I've found a few bosses already that are clearly meant for a more end-game character and will have to revisit. Map is nice, I'm keeping a notepad but you can annotate it pretty well there too.

TwoEdge

Scholar

Villagkouras

Arcane
Today it's Christmas, New year's, Easter and birthday combined.

See you in a couple of weeks, gentlemen!
07c4dbe76c338933bd0728799d9e142e.jpg

SumDrunkGuy

I built my greatsword character from Dark Souls 2 but I have no true greatsword to analy invade my enemies with. I found some pretender greatsword called "lord" something that I pried from the cold dead hands of a lowly soldier. I need the true greatsword for Princess Alyssa to manifest once again. So help me god she will rise again.

Curratum

Isn't anyone going to mention the fact that the game comes with a set of Steam emotes that are all hilarious little poses and emojis of the talking brass pot with arms? :D

JjTsyVf.jpg

Ivan

Arcane
RIP if you warp to the Mines like I did....

I ran away like a bitch :)
I kept exploring this area for almost two hours before I realized that fast travel and and a fucking map are available from the beginning.
this was me. I spoke to my cousin last night
"i think my run is over"
"I got stuck there too, took me a while to remember that route I put a mental bookmark on and found the warp point"

So far, Elden Ring has a mean habit of locking you into boss fights, maybe I just haven't found the homeward bone equivalent yet, but I've had to forfeit my xp twice now >< lol mean mistress

Perkel

Arcane
Anyone got it working on PC? Just seen a scathing review about the PC port.

Yeah there are some stutters here and there. Overall i am getting around 40-50fps @ 4k @ max quality settings. Locked 60 at 1440p.

hackncrazy

Savant
Negative review on Steam: "Multiplayer on the game sucks, it's unbelievable that progress doesn't carry on both the worlds of me and my friend".

Imagine don't having absolutely any knowledge about the game you're getting into and whining because of it.

Also, from reddit: "
I can't figure out the controls.

I also hate not having 3840x1600 picture, black bars are offputting.

The control doesn't feel smooth either.

I got my money back, feels awful."

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Ugh, seems like a shitty port so far. Think I might give up on using mouse & keyboard.

Even with mouse sensitivity = 0, the camera is hyper-sensitive. And if I use mouse DPI to reduce it further, navigating menus becomes unbearably slow.

I'll try to get used to controller. Hate not controlling the camera with my mouse though.

Now I can't launch the game any more. The launcher fails with error code 30005, which seems related to EasyAntiCheat. It's just a vanilla install though.

Verifying integrity of game files on Steam...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom