Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

deem

Savant
Found a sword...

...made of other swords.

20220226203545-1.jpg

40 STR required.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Is it worth buying yet for PC or better to wait for patches?
The short and boring answer is that it's almost impossible to tell since performance appears to vary wildly between users. While I'm sure there will eventually be more performance related patches I have no idea how long it will take.

deem

Savant
D_X

No, did it after. The commander just took it and said he ain't moving. I returned to the woman who gave it to me only to find her dead.

On another note, did you find the ghost in the cage? It says that 'the mongrels are eating him'. Don't know what's that about.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The short and boring answer is that it's almost impossible to tell since performance appears to vary wildly between users. While I'm sure there will eventually be more performance related patches I have no idea how long it will take.
If they hire Durante the performance issues will disappear within a day.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Found a sword...

...made of other swords.

20220226203545-1.jpg

40 STR required.

I am swapping between this sword and the Zweihander. Zwei does have more range, especially on horseback, but that weapon scales with strength a ton better even compared to a heavy Zwei.

Kao

Novice
I’d say regardless of whether you meet the specs it’s almost a coin toss whether the game will work/run well for you. But most problems/crashes/performance issues will seem to happen right away, so you could always get it from a source that is generous with refunds and see if it works on your machine.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dear mom,

I'm a bit upset today, trying to make some new friends but everybody seem to hate me :(

First found some friends but they shot with a balista, mean. Wanted to speak with their manager but he attacked me with a hammer...
Then I go another way and found some good guys praying! Wanted to join them
but a dragon swooped in and ate them..
So I moved along the road, met with a caravan that got the worst horses ever. Caravan hands were not friendly at all either.
Past that caravan somebody
threw a goddamn giant bear at me!
Thank the ring I'm kinda immortal so back the road.
My only friends are my horse Torrent and a giant flying jellyfish right now :/

Yours sincerely,

randir14

Augur
I found some library with an NPC who keeps spamming great magic arrow and it does enough damage to almost one-shot me even with 40 vigor. To top it off she's guarded by other enemies who keep shooting at me with their own spells. This feels impossible as a pure melee character, I've died way more times here than on any of the bosses.

Curratum

I found some library with an NPC who keeps spamming great magic arrow and it does enough damage to almost one-shot me even with 40 vigor. To top it off she's guarded by other enemies who keep shooting at me with their own spells. This feels impossible as a pure melee character, I've died way more times here than on any of the bosses.

Don't do this to me, I'm levelling up a quality build melee char

N0rn

Novice
I just ran past that NPC, the magic arrow is really ridiculous. This shit can even hit you through walls if you stand too close.
On another note, just beat Margit after getting my ass beaten a few times and I was surprised how easy Godrick was after that.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I do like how you can always go out and explore if you get stuck on a "story" level. The open world really has that "what's over the next corner" feel that keeps you going.

Don't do this to me, I'm levelling up a quality build melee char

I haven't found an anti-magic shield just yet, so I got past that area with fireballs. Throwable pots/knives would also probably work, just takes a bit of time. There's lots of options for throwing weapons this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom