Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

hackncrazy

Savant
If an i9+RTX3090 gets stutters at 720p what hope could there be even for future hardware to fix this mess.

The stutter issues is all over the place. There are a lot of people on the Steam forums arguing that they do not have any issues and the people saying this have varied systems. At this point I can only say that it has to be something to do with system configuration rather than hardware.

This is an issue that will be isolated and fixed in time. If it is unplayable for you then leave the game until it is fixed.

I can understand the white screen bug and the invisible enemies bug alright, but I'm yet to see any proof of the stutter bug being game breaking as some people are saying.

Even the Digital Foundry review (which called the PC performance disastrous or something like this) shows that at some points there are fucking 250ms of stutter and that's only when the area is loading, becoming normal afterwards. How can this be gamebreaking? Has people became so soft lately that some stutters are enough to destroy their enjoyment?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If an i9+RTX3090 gets stutters at 720p what hope could there be even for future hardware to fix this mess.

The stutter issues is all over the place. There are a lot of people on the Steam forums arguing that they do not have any issues and the people saying this have varied systems. At this point I can only say that it has to be something to do with system configuration rather than hardware.

This is an issue that will be isolated and fixed in time. If it is unplayable for you then leave the game until it is fixed.
Yeah, this is where I'm at. Though I might be getting a new rig soon, maybe I'll give it a try then.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
more progress

Castle Morne was nice.
D855EA1CFBC2DA56B20A3AFE865EB0F6F9CFCA26

you can see the boss from outside his area. i love this shit :)
3681C91170CE0A1C3C9F8E6393A9795029CAA876

castle basement (the godrick's one)
8B6014AA0E8E39F273EACAEA2FE61942493C5364

there is a secret medallion quest
8A23500FE6C3F7F158475849ED5523FF549B841B

i've spent 2 hours looking for that girl. in the end i found her sleeping :)
F56A5CBE9E05A007089407EE07C02068FC93B16E

just joking. this is the correct picture
45FEF4CD04E01B4777918F7DF1B6A051AE6A8D26

found the zwei hander
84FE43AB7A175D3C194A4052CC7592B7F94C934A

in 25+ hour i think i've discovered like 25% of the map

my main issue with the game is that i've played 50% of the time with the same weapon. i did not want to use a walk-through but i think i'm ready to give up cause i need the location for some crafting stones (+5)

deem

Savant
I can understand the white screen bug and the invisible enemies bug alright, but I'm yet to see any proof of the stutter bug being game breaking as some people are saying.

Even the Digital Foundry review (which called the PC performance disastrous or something like this) shows that at some points there are fucking 250ms of stutter and that's only when the area is loading, becoming normal afterwards. How can this be gamebreaking? Has people became so soft lately that some stutters are enough to destroy their enjoyment?

Yes, it's not the game, it's people turning soft. :roll:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

There are a lot of micro stutters, which is the main problem. It could be that a good chunk of the population are experiencing them but it doesn't have the same perceptual issue. This would be more along the lines of the human brain smoothing things out for them? Kind of like in VR where people get motion sickness and others do not. I don't really have an answer to this.

For me the game has been butter smooth except for 2-4 times when I did experience what DF mentioned. Human brain or system configuration?

This reminds me of the AMD VR bug with the HP VR headset. Some people got it and others did not, sometimes even with the same system components.

deem

Savant
toro I liked Castle Morne. It seems that no assets were really custom made for this location. The designers used what they had to tell a story and it works. Like that square near the elevator where the rebels are celebrating on a pile of smoldering corpses. The environment does enough to engage your imagination instead of replacing it. I especially liked the jellyfish floating about near the boss. Kind of surreal touch to a pretty brutal tale.

Funposter

Arcane
Well, Godrick was a lot easier than Margit. Died to him a few times at Level 33ish, came back at Level 39 after clearing out the Weeping Peninsula and beat him in two tries with a +2 Golden Halberd and plenty of flasks to spare. I'm still using a +6 Lordsworn Greatsword as my general go-to for gameplay (although I have started upgrading all of the Claymore, Zweihander and Mace with spare shards) but the Golden Haldberd makes for a nice boss killer with the Golden Vow art that boosts damage.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Horses + larger weapons basically cheese most of the field/open world bosses. Hopefully later on they get harder or I'm gonna have to fight them on foot.

Have you fought any of the big fucking bears yet?

Yup, anything you can outrun on a horse is no threat. Equip weapon with good reach, hold run button, heavy charged attack -> repeat until enemy is dead.

But I have faith they'll throw some surprises my way.

Cromwell

Arcane
Is there a way to make my sorceries stronger? I read somewhere you can upgrade them? Or do I upgrade only my staff / IntStat?

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
How's the PVP so far? Is it possible to get invasion items early on?

Shrimp

Arbiter
How's the PVP so far? Is it possible to get invasion items early on?
You can get what I think is the (permanent) red eye orb equivalent in the Stormhill part of Limgrave.
I've only used it a couple of times just to see how it worked. I think it looks for suitable hosts across the entire region you are in. Every time I invaded someone it was in a random cave in Limgrave, some times on the completely opposite side of the region.
In a majority of the admittedly few cases where I used it I spawned at the site of grace at the dungeon entrance where the host and one of his summons already were waiting. Hasn't been a very interesting experience so far tbh

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Is there a way to make my sorceries stronger? I read somewhere you can upgrade them? Or do I upgrade only my staff / IntStat?
Upgrade your staff, or find a better one. You cannot upgrade sorceries, only find new ones.

Unfortunately this game has a problem where the strongest spell in the game is the shitty magic pebble throw you start with. Hopefully they buff late/mid game spells

Curratum

You mean how From isolated and fixed the issues with DS3?... Oh, wait...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So anybody know how long a great rune arc lasts when used? I'm assuming till death. Is it essentially humanity with different flavors?

Funposter

Arcane
Holy fuck, Siofra River Bank and everything going on there. So amazing.

Yeah, the whole leadup to it with the long elevator ride and then the reveal once you pop out of the small first section are really top notch. I sort of rushed through it, but I might go back now that I've levelled up a bit and take a bit more time exploring everything.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So, this Elden Ring.

Is it gud? Still debating with myself if i should buy and play it right nao, but i still have my DS3 playthrough going on and other stuff.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Upgrade your staff, or find a better one. You cannot upgrade sorceries, only find new ones.

Unfortunately this game has a problem where the strongest spell in the game is the shitty magic pebble throw you start with. Hopefully they buff late/mid game spells

Don´t tell me that when is the first time I make a magic build in souls game.

:negative:

Shrimp

Arbiter
I'm having a hard time determining when it's safe to jump off a ledge and when it will kill me. It feels like some jumps are survivable without taking any damage while others that somehow aren't as high will simply kill you.
Has anyone else figured out a good way of determining when it's safe to jump?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom