Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

MasPingon

Arcane
I've finally reached the final boss of the DLC, after 70+ hours spent playing it and checking every corner while at it. This is the point I need to admit: this is hard. I had fun listening to all the crybabies complaining about the difficulty of the Dancing Lion (first try for me), Gaius (10 tries), Bayle (12), Messmer (13), but this looks like a different story. It's actually so hard I'm not sure I will be able to go through it solo :| 26 attempts and I'm not even getting close, unless I'm missing something obvious here.

It's called Fingerprint shield :kingcomrade:

Hell Swarm

Learned
How is he missing an arm? We don't know if having 3 arms is by design when achieving true godhood
He is literally missing an arm and one of the NPC's story is he fought him and cut his arm off. I don't care about the shitty DLC lore and even I know this.

Odoryuk

Educated
He is literally missing an arm and one of the NPC's story is he fought him and cut his arm off
I totally missed that, who's the motherfucker who cut his arm, then? I thought either he just has 3 hands, or the fourth one is actually the one that sticks out of his cocoon in Mohg's arena. Though, he was reborn anew, as we saw his crosses were he left his left and right hands, so either he had to have 6 arms, or was resurrected with 3 arms or 4 arms and someone cut one off

Hell Swarm

Learned
He is literally missing an arm and one of the NPC's story is he fought him and cut his arm off
I totally missed that, who's the motherfucker who cut his arm, then? I thought either he just has 3 hands, or the fourth one is actually the one that sticks out of his cocoon in Mohg's arena. Though, he was reborn anew, as we saw his crosses were he left his left and right hands, so either he had to have 6 arms, or was resurrected with 3 arms or 4 arms and someone cut one off
Ansbach seriously hurt the little tranny faggot trying to free Mogh from his enchantment. The logical answer is he cut one of his arms off before he got charmed and entered the shadow realm following him. That's why Mogh is trying to repair the arm into a full body when nothing else is on the cocoon.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Any one else noticing the From internet defense force haven't actually finished the DLC yet but want us to take their opinions seriously? lol.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Any one else noticing the From internet defense force haven't actually finished the DLC yet but want us to take their opinions seriously? lol.

They're more or less finished, they're just "having trouble" dodging Miquella's grab attack.

cruel

Cipher
Finally got the bastard, after more than 30 tries. No other boss in any Souls game gave me so much trouble. Two things that helped a lot:
- Verdigiris Greatshield +10 with 90 stability
- Lord's Divine Fortification, bringing holy resistance up from 65% to 85% (enough time to cast it before he does his big AoE attack).

I was able to avoid Antspur rapier with rot and bleed, but still, didn't like this fight at all. I went back to help people with Messmer instead in co-op, never touching this final fight again.

Now - sadness. The DLC made me very happy for those last 50 days. It only reminded me how much From shits on other devs right now, in terms out creativity, art, level design, difficulty, boss design, build variety, enemy variety and other things.

notpl

Arbiter
As for me, I parried him and then stabbed him with a misericorde. Glad you made it, though.

abija

Prophet
He used a shield and a mimic and still failed so much he had to qq here about how bad From are...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just killed Midra which shows without doubt that parry is something FromSoft thinks is the "intended" way to deal with some bosses or enemies:

This boss vindicates everything i said about this. He uses those very same slow attacks i suggested were a clear tell tale sign you were meant to parry them (Crucible Knights, Commander Niall, Bell Bearing Hunters and so forth, as well as bosses like Morgott etc), and then there's that whole gimmick with the untouchables which can only be killed with parry (and you get a note in the game that tells you this), which sets your mind on parry before you even fight the boss.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
The true horror of Elden Ring is the main character being 5'9.

20240817191226-1.jpg

Hell Swarm

Learned
"I cheesed the last boss so I didn't have to learn him"
"From are the best devs ever!"

Pick one.
Sometimes I can unironically agree with your arguments, but you need to know that saying that "using a shield and a spell" is "cheesing a boss" makes you sound stupid.
The only stupid people are the ones taking this thread seriously. There's no point trying to discuss the merits of Elden ring in a thread with people who will unironically defend From's camera or hit boxes.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Sometimes I can unironically agree with your arguments, but you need to know that saying that "using a shield and a spell" is "cheesing a boss" makes you sound stupid.
The only stupid people are the ones taking this thread seriously.
Screenshot-1315.png

I guess we're saying the same thing, uh?
Sure are.

unironically defend From's camera or hit boxes.
Saying something can be improved is one thing, being a little bitch about it is another.
15 fucking years of broken GARBAGE and you think it can be improved? From won't improve shit and you know it and I know it. And their retarded fanboys will defend it no matter what. Did you notice the camera zooms out for some fights in previous games but sticks it right up the ballsack of every dragon?

Elden ring is literally one of the worst games ever made mechanically. Dark souls 3 looks pretty spiffy in comparison at this point and that game is an abortion all of it's own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom