Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
or maybe a random note jotted down in the notepad that is a mental cue for me to remember to write about something specific does not carry meaning in absolute terms

have you ever posted anything that wasn't a complete waste of forum space because i don't think you have

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
or maybe a random note jotted down in the notepad that is a mental cue for me to remember to write about something specific does not carry meaning in absolute terms

have you ever posted anything that wasn't a complete waste of forum space because i don't think you have
Why are you so salty? Play some Elex 2 instead

Codex Year of the Donut
lol at elex 2's lockpicking minigame looking visually worse than risen 2
6v1clx4712m81.png

cruel

Cipher
So, I'm trying to play this to fill the gap after Elden Ring, but my first impressions are not that great. One of the steam reviews mentioned this mod collection:

https://www.nexusmods.com/elex2/mods/66

Has anyone tried it? Is it worth trying?

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ResetRPG

Novice
Played through ELEX II a couple of months ago and it was essentially what I expected.

An uber janky but solid RPG with lots of Replay value. Wouldn't recommend to most people, but if you dig eurojank or Piranha Bytes then you'll probably have a good time

Maybe it's just me, but Elex II bores me to no end, despite me liking the first game well enough to beat it. I think the biggest issue is this being a complete repeat of the prequel. There is nothing new either gameplay wise, and the new story is at least not immediately engaging (don't know if it'll improve later). Not sure if i'm going to be playing much more of it at this point.

Last edited:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
don't know if it'll improve later
It doesn't. I suffered through the entire game with that mentality and it was a chore. It's the same enemies, the same skills, the same weapons and the same actually copy-pasted alien dungeons over and over and over. The story is completely bland garbage with "twists" you see a mile away.

I also liked the first Elex fwiw.

ResetRPG

Novice
It doesn't. I suffered through the entire game with that mentality and it was a chore. It's the same enemies, the same skills, the same weapons and the same actually copy-pasted alien dungeons over and over and over. The story is completely bland garbage with "twists" you see a mile away.

The end game was an absolute mess imo.

Ended up just having "kill x number of enemies" quests over and over which got extremely grating.

FWIW I did enjoy most of the game besides the final few chapters.

Lorebrok

Educated
Maybe it's just me, but Elex II bores me to no end, despite me liking the first game well enough to beat it. I think the biggest issue is this being a complete repeat of the prequel. There is nothing new either gameplay wise, and the new story is at least not immediately engaging (don't know if it'll improve later). Not sure if i'm going to be playing much more of it at this point.

Totally agree. I recently tried to finish the game but like roxor, I can't fucking bring me anymore to play it. But unfinished games is not my style. Still hurts thinking about it, elex1 was such a rough diamond. All elex2 does to me is wanting to play elex1 again.

Codex Year of the Donut

Totally agree. I recently tried to finish the game but like roxor, I can't fucking bring me anymore to play it. But unfinished games is not my style. Still hurts thinking about it, elex1 was such a rough diamond. All elex2 does to me is wanting to play elex1 again.

You guys should play Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos if you haven't, it's most likely the kind of game you were looking for if you were trying elex 2.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/chronicles-of-myrtana-archolos-mod-for-gothic-2.133194/

Lorebrok

Educated
Archolos is definitely a proper choice. I was surprised what the devs could create with the engine and it really gives you all the gothic/piranha byte vibes one would look for. Good recommendation.

Mig

Educated
Beat the game today, I enjoyed it overall but Elex I is a much better game and wth is up with the ending? Aside from the dumb kill lots of Skyand quests
"Dex dies (or at least that's what the game tells you) and when you talk to his mother she never even mentions it. If you go back to the guy guarding him he also acts like nothing's up."]
The ending/endgame seemed extremely rushed.

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
Beat the game today, I enjoyed it overall but Elex I is a much better game and wth is up with the ending? Aside from the dumb kill lots of Skyand quests
"Dex dies (or at least that's what the game tells you) and when you talk to his mother she never even mentions it. If you go back to the guy guarding him he also acts like nothing's up."]
The ending/endgame seemed extremely rushed.
Agreed, though I had the same feeling about a "rushed" ending in Elex I. Maybe not quite as bad.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
1660209048462.png

They consider it a relief, but kinda feel guilty about it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
View attachment 26939

I like to think he is a digital being now. Spread throughout the remnants of the alien network. Or perhaps that he somehow found a way to get inside the Cleric's or Alb's network in the final moments. Possibly re-emerging in some form, some day. In the third Elex :)

Last edited:
View attachment 26939

In the short time I spent with this game, I made it a point to never interact with Dex. Sure, i would show up in his vicinity and talk to the NPCs around him, but never with the little s hit himself. Peak absent dad RP experience. I hate kids both in real life and in vidya.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
The back half of this thread basically says most people enjoyed Elex but didn't really dig Elex 2, while Steam has them at "mixed" and "mostly positive" respectively...
:hmmm:

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The back half of this thread basically says most people enjoyed Elex but didn't really dig Elex 2, while Steam has them at "mixed" and "mostly positive" respectively...
:hmmm:
That doesn't surpise me: A lot of people - like me - tried Elex 1, hated it and hence never bothered to look at the sequel. Hence, a lot of negative reviews get "filtered out".

Dodo1610

Arcane
Elex 2 isn't worth anyone's money since it has the worst optimisation I have seen in years even with the best hardware available a Core I9 and a RTX3090 still drops below 100FPS. The fact that it's PB most boring game doesn't help either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom