Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Tigranes

Arcane
Con:

• Combat in the beginning is tough and needs getting used to. Due to the stamina system button-mashing leads nowhere. High difficulty in the beginning, therefore you die often.
:d1p:

Sadly,

Science-Fantasy-Setting is working quite well
The reviewers probably liked Fallout 4

ortucis

Prophet
  • difficulty level also affects "minigames" like chopping, lockpicking or hacking

Fuck..
What's chopping minigame?

I am guessing that instead of just having a pointless wood chopping animation, they are finally turning it all into something usable, into quests ("Bring me 10 chopped wood.") through mini-games. Maybe you press left mouse butting faster to cut wood faster, but go too fast and you'll chop your dick off?

I am OK with that, except for the mini-games part. Mini-games always end up pissing me off, even if they are easy. Maybe higher skills make the minigames more bearable as well?

I just hope that cooking isn't a mini-game, that would be really stupid.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
At some point I was following this thread and it was all

:negative:

Now it seems to have turned into

:dance:

I'm assuming it's a coping strategy and ELEX the meme has taken over from ELEX the game, but I just wanted to check before I join the party.

In a time where Trump is President and Grimoire actually came out, there's only one logical thing to do--believe. The personification of Incline is upon us, and its name is ELEX!
Truly we live in the greatest timeline, and the power of memes have never been greater.

If we believe, it will happen.

MasPingon

Arcane
At some point I was following this thread and it was all

:negative:

Now it seems to have turned into

:dance:

I'm assuming it's a coping strategy and ELEX the meme has taken over from ELEX the game, but I just wanted to check before I join the party.

In a time where Trump is President and Grimoire actually came out, there's only one logical thing to do--believe. The personification of Incline is upon us, and its name is ELEX!
Truly we live in the greatest timeline, and the power of memes have never been greater.

If we believe, it will happen.

That's true, we've reached the point of the end of history.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
None of you peasants are worthy enough to gaze upon our lord and savior ELEX,pray to it,worship it and it may not crash and freeze upon your unworthy soul

Astral Rag

Arcane
Elex is still weeks from release and yet it has already received several very important awards.

Award_Gold_85.png

Baem_Award_2017_MW-PC.png

Award_Umfang.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only negative thing about ELEX is that at one point, it must end.

My brother spake against ELEX. I had to teach him a lesson with the back of my hand. He has now come to his senses and is praying to ELEX to absolve him of his sins.

Further, I had a dream about me being one with ELEX. Then I woke up and I cried bittersweet tears.

jungl

Augur
problem with the difficulty in their games is late game your guy is always op and your wondering when is this shit going be over so I can move on to non B movie tier games.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Because they put too many enemies in their games which gives you nigh infinite xp and infinite inventory space which leads to the acquisition of vast riches by selling hundreds of axes. They could award xp only for the completion of quests but it would alienate too much their casual audience.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Because they put too many enemies in their games which gives you nigh infinite xp and infinite inventory space which leads to the acquisition of vast riches by selling hundreds of axes. They could award xp only for the completion of quests but it would alienate too much their casual audience.
That is not Piranha game!Do you know how many assholes you have to kill before you could buy the paladin armour in Gothic 3.I think that Piranha have very good economy balance in their game.You can become a got but you need to work for it.Also best inventory system ever.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
problem with the difficulty in their games is late game your guy is always op and your wondering when is this shit going be over so I can move on to non B movie tier games.
That's the point you retard, do you want Divinity: OS2 where your enemy always has 200 more armor than you or Oblivion where highwaymen wear glass armor? I love when I can kill the enemy that gave me so much trouble early on with 2 strikes in the late game, it's called sense of progression.

PrettyDeadman

I AM ONLY HUMAN! :negative:

oV8nm0e.png
You don't have steam installed, so not everything is lost! But you are just one mouse click away from DECLINE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom