Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I AM ONLY HUMAN! :negative:

oV8nm0e.png
True decline,you should have got it from GoG!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

ortucis

Prophet

oV8nm0e.png
You don't have steam installed, so not everything is lost! But you are just one mouse click away from DECLINE.

Steam shows that message if you don't have it running, installed or not.

Also guys, I feel +5 happier today, after making the purchase. :o

Don't worry. You will feel -10 happier on release day :D

After sitting through Fallout 4 and Andromeda?

I've prepared myself for ELEX by enduring games like them, and in enduring, I grew stronger. :obviously:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Someone needs to take a screenshot of what the Codex Steam group is playing on launch day. It better beat the now infamous Fallout 4 launch.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

oV8nm0e.png
You don't have steam installed, so not everything is lost! But you are just one mouse click away from DECLINE.

Because he won't be covering the minimal specs :D.But i am sure that he will get +100 happiness next day,once he install his new video card.Biggest happiness decrease will come with the loansharks.

ortucis

Prophet

oV8nm0e.png

Because he won't be covering the minimal specs :D.But i am sure that he will get +100 happiness next day,once he install his new video card.Biggest happiness decrease will come with the loansharks.

I have a 660 Ti (2012) but I am seriously considering getting a 1060 to play this game. Thanks for reminding me, better go read up some GPU reviews. :D

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
1060 is a great card for the price. If you go really high end Vega cards are getting massive gains in Vulkan, DX12 and more professional tasks like video editing but the new APIs are irrelevant for about 5 more years now, especially of you want to avoid (((Windows 10))) like I do. I pass GPU requirements with my R7 360 but barely lag behind in CPU with my X4 840, hope I can run it well but I heard the game is well optimized and doesn't look too demanding. I'll wait until my PC is at least 3 years old before upgrading.

Latelistener

Arcane
True decline,you should have got it from GoG!
If Steam has the same DRM free version, there is no difference, with the exception that Steam has more options.
Fuck off DRM lackey!
Are you aware that DRM on Steam is entirely optional (it is a developer's choice), and tons of games can be launched without Steam?

This means that you can copy the game folder anywhere you want and launch the .exe program directly without being online or having Steam or a third party software running.

If a game is on GOG, it is most likely DRM free on Steam.

Here are some lists (aren't full, unfortunately):
http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_DRM-Free_Games_on_Steam

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom