Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Piranha Bytes' started by Jools, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Gepeu Savant Patron

Gepeu
    It is out, however the calendar is unfortunately too flawed to accomodate the ELEX's greatness.

• incline incline x 6
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. pOcHa Arcane Patron

pOcHa
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    you made a classic rookie mistake and thought that ELEX deals in our imperfect calendar system - no, from now on, everything will be ante and post ELEX

joined jul 12, 2 BE (before ELEX)

• Prestigious x 4
    • Yes x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    If you have an account in GreenManGaming, today they emailed out a 25% off voucher, among the games that qualify for said voucher, is ELEX. The voucher is tied to your account so it's not transferable.

• Excited! Excited! x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jenkem お前はもう死んでいる Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    What faction are you guys going to initially go with? I'm not sure, and I think I'll just wander around and do whatever I feel like for the first time playing..

^ Top  
  5. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    The standard,kill everything,do all the quest,explore all the shit and then chose a faction.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Kahr Guest

Kahr
    Outlaw of course, because the clerics are Anti-Elex and the berserkers are elven-like hippies.
    Also you get stupid cowboy hats and leather vests.
    :incline:

• incline incline x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. unfairlight Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Probably berserkers because I like magic and maces. Might do Clerics otherwise.

^ Top  
  8. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    Ordered 1060, should arrive today.

On the side note, after 5 years of Windows 7, I finally formatted and installed Windows 10. Holy fuck this is a pile of shit. Everything is trying to connect online and randomly, something is downloading SOMETHING in the background using the network at max. Amazing progress. Also, random few second freezes when network related activity happens, initiated by Windows itself. Fucking fun.

Thinking of going back to Windows 7 unless I find a cure and block everything on W10. Using Comodo to block all access meanwhile cause every fucking service wants net access. Disabled Windows Update, as usual, I need to tweak this fucking OS.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Gepeu Savant Patron

Gepeu
    You can turn almost all things off and uninstall all needless apps, including 99% of updates. The settings are hell to navigate through, though. It's like browsing Mac.

^ Top  
  10. krist2 Augur Patron

krist2
    Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This program can help a bit: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

been using win10 for a long time, can't see to experience the same as you do. But people have been bitching about new versions of windows since the beginning :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    The tool that lets you unfuck W10 is partnered with Microsoft. It's like pottery.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    Yeah I am not using such tool. I have W10 Enterprise so disabled a lot of settings and customized others, like Windows Update, using administrative tools.

It's now performing much smoother. Still, unless I disable the Windows Update, wants to download a new fucking nVidia driver while I already have manually installed the new one from their site.

The reason why I didn't update for so long was cause when Windows 10 was released, I knew better than to move on to it in less than a year. But I realized that it has been more than two years and the issues people keep complaining about have kept me from updating. Have turned off and blocked pretty much everything I can now, no more network usage and I will update this machine in like 6 months only now. I liked how Windows 7 was smart enough to disable Windows Firewall when I installed Comodo but in W10, I had to manually turn off the service.

What a shit experience. Windows 7 was Install OS > Install Apps > You're Done. Here it's Install OS > Update Shit > MORE UPDATES > Spend Whole Day Blocking OS Apps from net access so they won't update > Derp.

The shit UI isn't helping. Only reason I updated is because I know MS has intentionally removed support of new hardware from Windows 7. Cunts.

On the side note, installed Pale Moon as the first browser on fresh OS this time. I only switched to Pale Moon a month ago so hooray. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Have you heard of FUD? It's an old favourite of Microsoft's, and is the very tool they used to cement their grip on the marketplace.

^ Top  
  14. Latelistener Arcane

Latelistener
    Do not poison this glorious thread with your measly problems.
    Win 10 is a cancer, everyone knows that. It's your own fault for installing that shit.

• Agree x 7
    • Yes x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. unfairlight Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Windows 10 really is a fucking nightmare. The new Metro(sexual) UI was made for tablets, retards and nu-male "tech enthusiasts", and it lacks basic fucking functionality from Windows 7 like just searching for a program in start and dragging it on desktop to make a shortcut, you can't fucking do that in Windows 10 because ???????? Maybe you can now with an update that injects ZOG CIA NSA spyware into your BIOS, but I don't really know or care because Windows 10 was too shit and slow to even allow me to do basic word processing on my laptop, after that when I got home I installed Linux Mint and shit just worked.

• Agree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ortucis Prophet

ortucis

Yeah, heaven forbid I disrupt all the shit-posting with more shit-posting. :lol:

I just tried it. You can only open shortcut location from Start menu and then create a desktop shortcut to that shortcut. Whoever designed this interface had his head shoved up his arse. Majority of stuff that took one click takes multiple. Changing taskbar icons to show or hide took one right click in W7, here, it takes two clicks to do the same. Not to mention, why the fuck does everything look like a webpage link on this OS?

BUT, OS is fast. Loading time is faster, apps open and launch fast and I am not noticing some issues with apps taking multiple clicks to open, like they did in W7. Then again, I had W7 installed for 5 years without any formats and this is a fresh install. We'll see how long it takes for me to re-install W10 in comparison.

As for NSA spying, that shit is everywhere, from phones to OS. Plus, I switched to using TOR for everything "else" online some time ago..

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. unfairlight Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Not my phone though, I'm jacked straight into the Chinese botnet instead of the NSA botnet as I have a Xiaomi phone.

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    I don't really use my Android for anything other than calls and receiving SMS so doesn't really bother me.

But, I am afraid that NSA will watch us play ELEX and on behalf of Bethesda, try to intervene. Any low ratings and loss of sales can be attributed to NSA approved spyware, Windows 10.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Can't wait for the best RPG of the past 10 years.

ELEX.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. PrettyDeadman Arcane Patron

PrettyDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Best RPG since October Revolution of 1917.

• incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Gepeu Savant Patron

Gepeu
    Let's face it, comparing ELEX (the CHAD game) to anything just creates an illision that it has something common with virgin games.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Isn't there a classic shell type of program for Windows 10? Been using it for ages on my Windows 8 copy.

And... ehm

ELEX!

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    Yeah but what's the point? Might as well get used to the shit UI Microsoft will keep pushing onto us rather than try to spend even more time fixing it. I remember trying to change Windows ME to Windows 95 look (which was similar to Win 98 look tbh) all with teal background, did same with Windows Vista, trying to make it look like XP.. but all that lasted for like few months before I just embraced the new UI.. just like players will embrace the new ultimate RPG, ELEX, into their lives.

+M

• Shit Shit x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    [​IMG]
    After that
    [​IMG]
    and the finale
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm confused.

• decline decline x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.