Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I liked how Windows 7 was smart enough to disable Windows Firewall when I installed Comodo but in W10, I had to manually turn off the service

Have you heard of FUD? It's an old favourite of Microsoft's, and is the very tool they used to cement their grip on the marketplace.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Windows 10 really is a fucking nightmare. The new Metro(sexual) UI was made for tablets, retards and nu-male "tech enthusiasts", and it lacks basic fucking functionality from Windows 7 like just searching for a program in start and dragging it on desktop to make a shortcut, you can't fucking do that in Windows 10 because ???????? Maybe you can now with an update that injects ZOG CIA NSA spyware into your BIOS, but I don't really know or care because Windows 10 was too shit and slow to even allow me to do basic word processing on my laptop, after that when I got home I installed Linux Mint and shit just worked.

ortucis

Prophet
Do not poison this glorious thread with your measly problems.
Win 10 is a cancer, everyone knows that. It's your own fault for installing that shit.

Yeah, heaven forbid I disrupt all the shit-posting with more shit-posting. :lol:

Windows 10 really is a fucking nightmare. The new Metro(sexual) UI was made for tablets, retards and nu-male "tech enthusiasts", and it lacks basic fucking functionality from Windows 7 like just searching for a program in start and dragging it on desktop to make a shortcut, you can't fucking do that in Windows 10 because ???????? Maybe you can now with an update that injects ZOG CIA NSA spyware into your BIOS, but I don't really know or care because Windows 10 was too shit and slow to even allow me to do basic word processing on my laptop, after that when I got home I installed Linux Mint and shit just worked.

I just tried it. You can only open shortcut location from Start menu and then create a desktop shortcut to that shortcut. Whoever designed this interface had his head shoved up his arse. Majority of stuff that took one click takes multiple. Changing taskbar icons to show or hide took one right click in W7, here, it takes two clicks to do the same. Not to mention, why the fuck does everything look like a webpage link on this OS?

BUT, OS is fast. Loading time is faster, apps open and launch fast and I am not noticing some issues with apps taking multiple clicks to open, like they did in W7. Then again, I had W7 installed for 5 years without any formats and this is a fresh install. We'll see how long it takes for me to re-install W10 in comparison.

As for NSA spying, that shit is everywhere, from phones to OS. Plus, I switched to using TOR for everything "else" online some time ago..

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
As for NSA spying, that shit is everywhere, from phones to OS. Plus, I switched to using TOR for everything "else" online some time ago..

Not my phone though, I'm jacked straight into the Chinese botnet instead of the NSA botnet as I have a Xiaomi phone.

ortucis

Prophet
I don't really use my Android for anything other than calls and receiving SMS so doesn't really bother me.

But, I am afraid that NSA will watch us play ELEX and on behalf of Bethesda, try to intervene. Any low ratings and loss of sales can be attributed to NSA approved spyware, Windows 10.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Let's face it, comparing ELEX (the CHAD game) to anything just creates an illision that it has something common with virgin games.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't there a classic shell type of program for Windows 10? Been using it for ages on my Windows 8 copy.

And... ehm

ELEX!

ortucis

Prophet
Isn't there a classic shell type of program for Windows 10? Been using it for ages on my Windows 8 copy.

And... ehm

ELEX!

Yeah but what's the point? Might as well get used to the shit UI Microsoft will keep pushing onto us rather than try to spend even more time fixing it. I remember trying to change Windows ME to Windows 95 look (which was similar to Win 98 look tbh) all with teal background, did same with Windows Vista, trying to make it look like XP.. but all that lasted for like few months before I just embraced the new UI.. just like players will embrace the new ultimate RPG, ELEX, into their lives.

+M

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

And... ehm

ELEX!
nhhang.gif

After that
21495109.gif

and the finale
Just+hanging+out+source+corpse+party_829a41_4933256.gif

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
There is but fixing the UI is the least of Win10's problems, and yeah,

E L E X

PrettyDeadman

And... ehm

ELEX!
There is PowerShell which is more powerful than cmd (it can do ssh, can work with .NET Framework classes and assemblies and etc.)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is PowerShell which is more powerful than cmd (it can do ssh, can work with .NET Framework classes and assemblies and etc.)
Yeah, it is Windows' first commandline that doesn't totally suck :lol:

I went out to buy a month's stock of paper tissue and body oil, but it was sold out everywhere.
Truly, the news of ELEX must be spreading.

T. Reich

Arcane
Do not poison this glorious thread with your measly problems.
Win 10 is a cancer, everyone knows that. It's your own fault for installing that shit.

Yeah, heaven forbid I disrupt all the shit-posting with more shit-posting. :lol:

I just tried it. You can only open shortcut location from Start menu and then create a desktop shortcut to that shortcut. Whoever designed this interface had his head shoved up his arse. Majority of stuff that took one click takes multiple. Changing taskbar icons to show or hide took one right click in W7, here, it takes two clicks to do the same. Not to mention, why the fuck does everything look like a webpage link on this OS?

BUT, OS is fast. Loading time is faster, apps open and launch fast and I am not noticing some issues with apps taking multiple clicks to open, like they did in W7. Then again, I had W7 installed for 5 years without any formats and this is a fresh install. We'll see how long it takes for me to re-install W10 in comparison.

There's an appropriate thread for your shitty OS in the SCIENCE! subforum. Take your shit there.
This thread is for ELEX! only.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Why are there subforums for faux rpg developers but none for pb so we can discuss this masterpiece in all it's deserved glory.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Might as well get used to the shit UI Microsoft will keep pushing onto us rather than try to spend even more time fixing it. I remember trying to change Windows ME to Windows 95 look (which was similar to Win 98 look tbh) all with teal background, did same with Windows Vista, trying to make it look like XP

This is the sign of someone with psychological issues.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dunno how any codexer is not going with the ALBS faction first... from the faction trailer:

"...they have now lost all their humanity due to their insatiable need for ELEX. Cold, rational, high-tech soldiers, ruthless machines with one aim only--to attain the next stage of evolution."

they have now lost all their humanity = :rpgcodex:

insatiable need for ELEX = :bounce:

cold, rational soldiers = :terminate:

the next stage of evolution = :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom