Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
IDK but I get the feeling that Elex will be the Gothic 3 done right this time.

SlamDunk

Arcane
IDK but I get the feeling that Elex will be the Gothic 3 done right this time.
I do not, because the majority (if not all?) of the key people that designed Gothic 3 have left Piranha Bytes.

I will play ELEX but will certainly not buy it at full price. I'll get it when it's on sale for under 10 euros. Did so with Risen 3 after Risen 2's failure.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I had a dream.

It started out mundane. I was waiting in the cashout-line in the grocery store when an old grandma walked up behind me. She was an old, frail woman of small stature and she carried a heavy grocery bag, so naturally, i asked her if she needed help lifting up the bag to the conveyor. She didnt react to me at first and kept looking down on the floor, but i noticed she whispered something so i leaned in to hear what she had to say. She then suddently looked at me, pulled me towards her and whispered into my ear:

"Eclectic, lavish, exilharating, xenial!".

I looked at her, completely at loss. Of course i knew those words. But how on earth did they reach beyond the codex? She repeatedly chanted them in a whisper, nobody noticing but me. So i joined in on it. The chant, barely noticable at first, started to spread between the customers. More and more people joined in and the more we became, the louder our voices got, the bigger our enthusiasm grew.

We went out of the store marching through the streets, now almost yelling from the top of our lungs. People came running to us, abandoning their daily life and work. Construction workers dropped their hammers and joined us. Bankers threw away their phones and suitcases and came running. Police officers, who were deployed to deal with the uproar, threw away their batons and joined our crowd. One man in a wheelchair jumped up and was able to walk freely. Cats and dogs started following us, hissing and growling in anticipation.

Church bells started to chime and even the wind in the trees seemed to sing along with our chant. There was a tingle in the air, tickling our sences. We smelled flavors we never smelled before, we felt a calming yet exilharating humming sound in the air. And there was this strange light beyond the horizon, shining in a colour so beautiful we were drawn to it like moths.

We walked out of the town upon a hill and then we finally saw it. There was a bright star in the sky, barely above the horizon, radiating this light.
And between the star and the sun, in perfect alignment, a cloud began to form out of seemingly nowhere, reflecting both the light of the sun and the new star. It slowly took shape of a beautiful, bald man and when we recognized the face of Björn Pankratz, we fell down on our knees, weeping tears of joy.

He looked down on us, smiling in approval.

"ELEX COMETH!", he said.

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Deleted member 7219

I have this thread bookmarked so I can come back to see you all despair about how hideously shit the game is when you actually come to play it.

Of course, I'll accept if I'm wrong and the game is actually good. I wonder if you lot will do the same if the game is terrible. If the game is good, it will be a genuine surprise. You won't have the same excuse considering you had Risen 2 and Risen 3 as forewarning.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have this thread bookmarked so I can come back to see you all despair about how hideously shit the game is when you actually come to play it.

Of course, I'll accept if I'm wrong and the game is actually good. I wonder if you lot will do the same if the game is terrible. If the game is good, it will be a genuine surprise. You won't have the same excuse considering you had Risen 2 and Risen 3 as forewarning.
Once a supporter of ELEX, always a supporter of ELEX.

It's like me and Liverpool FC.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I stopped using it ~2010, I don't think it's even supported anymore.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are you for real???I use some copy from around 2007!Who the fuck needs a support for a fucking player?!If it bugged out,just reinstall it for 5 min and everything is peachy.It plays everything,it uses very little memory and it is easy/practical to use and it haves everything that i need from a player.Please tell me why i shouldn't use winamp.

Who the fuck still uses winamp?
On the desktop I see icons for the trifecta of 2000s pirates - Winamp, Daemon Tools and uTorrent. :lol::lol::lol:

Are you for real???I use some copy from around 2007!Who the fuck needs a support for a fucking player?!If it bugged out,just reinstall it for 5 min and everything is peachy.It plays everything,it uses very little memory and it is easy/practical to use and it haves everything that i need from a player.Please tell me why i shouldn't use winamp.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

Light, customizable, and most importantly for me - has support for global hotkeys.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Ohhhh gods i have gone down the dark path of pre-orders for a first time in my live....
Unti3333tled.png
Any time someone posts their full desktop I have the need to comment.
>Daemon Tools
Proprietary shitware. Use WinCDEmu instead.
>uTorrent
Also proprietary shitware. Use qBitTorrent instead as it's faster, open source, uses less RAM and is not tied to alphabet agencies in the United States.
>Winamp
It still works today but I prefer Audacious for that role of small music player, although Quod Libet is my favorite as it is an absolute pleasure to sort through thousands of songs with.

Zer0wing

Cipher
ELEX looks like a good timesink before Cyberpunk comes out. Anyway, if an audio player needs a lifesupport from developers, then something's still wrong with such software piece.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Who the fuck still uses winamp?
On the desktop I see icons for the trifecta of 2000s pirates - Winamp, Daemon Tools and uTorrent. :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.foobar2000.org/

Light, customizable, and most importantly for me - has support for global hotkeys.
:cool: It takes one to know one!
Nice player,still i am too conservative to change something that works well for me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ohhhh gods i have gone down the dark path of pre-orders for a first time in my live....
Unti3333tled.png
Any time someone posts their full desktop I have the need to comment.
>Daemon Tools
Proprietary shitware. Use WinCDEmu instead.
>uTorrent
Also proprietary shitware. Use qBitTorrent instead as it's faster, open source, uses less RAM and is not tied to alphabet agencies in the United States.
>Winamp
It still works today but I prefer Audacious for that role of small music player, although Quod Libet is my favorite as it is an absolute pleasure to sort through thousands of songs with.
I use old version from the time before they went to shit.utorrent is still on version 2.2.1 :cool:,it works perfectly with my netservice and the sites i use.Some of the newer programs can't download from some sites.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

all of dis

i use winamp 5.541 which is also from like 2007 and there's no reason why i'd ever need something else

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom