Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Piranha Bytes' started by Jools, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is not true. ELEX knows. I've been shaving my head all my life, because there was an invisible force that compelled me to do so. Now I know better. It was ELEX, trying to show me the light.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. 1451 Seeker In My Safe Space

Just like Fallout 4.

^ Top  
  3. Volken Scholar

Volken
    Btw why doesn't Elex have its own subforum? It cannot be properly discussed while surrounded by plebeian games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Jawohl, ELEX deserves a Volksthread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Matador Arcane

Matador
    Praise be ELEX for inspiring Cleve to finish Grimoire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    How does that even work?

• incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    He injected ELEX into his eyeballs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. toro Arcane

toro

• incline x 5
    • Yes x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. pOcHa Arcane Patron

pOcHa
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    he finally found a game even more worthy of spending the next (last?) 20 years of his life trying to clone it - it will simply be called EVEN MORE ELEX (because by that time all other ELEX word combinations would be long ago copyrighted already due to all the expansions/prequels/sequels/spinoffs/reboots and mods, but still no DLCs of course!)

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
    I think there is per-capita about as much shit posting here as the Grimoire pre-release thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    We need an ELEX! button.

• Yes Yes x 12
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    what is this nonsense

• Yes Yes x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    IDK but I get the feeling that Elex will be the Gothic 3 done right this time.

• Yes Yes x 5
    • Excited! Excited! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. SlamDunk Arcane

SlamDunk
    I do not, because the majority (if not all?) of the key people that designed Gothic 3 have left Piranha Bytes.

I will play ELEX but will certainly not buy it at full price. I'll get it when it's on sale for under 10 euros. Did so with Risen 3 after Risen 2's failure.

• Rage Rage x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. 1451 Seeker In My Safe Space

Their spirit lives on

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. SlamDunk Arcane

SlamDunk
    The true PB spirit died after Gothic 3. Risen was the swan song; it was good but you could see and feel that the spirit had begun to wither away.

• Disagree x 3
    • decline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    What nonsense!
    The spirit of PB is the embodyment of ELEX on this earth and one of the pillars of the incline!

• Yes Yes x 4
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Rev Arcane

Rev
    Elex is synonymous with incline, so if we don't get a new button we could just rename the "incline" one to "ELEX".

• incline incline x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Doktor Best Arcane

Doktor Best
    I had a dream.

It started out mundane. I was waiting in the cashout-line in the grocery store when an old grandma walked up behind me. She was an old, frail woman of small stature and she carried a heavy grocery bag, so naturally, i asked her if she needed help lifting up the bag to the conveyor. She didnt react to me at first and kept looking down on the floor, but i noticed she whispered something so i leaned in to hear what she had to say. She then suddently looked at me, pulled me towards her and whispered into my ear:

"Eclectic, lavish, exilharating, xenial!".

I looked at her, completely at loss. Of course i knew those words. But how on earth did they reach beyond the codex? She repeatedly chanted them in a whisper, nobody noticing but me. So i joined in on it. The chant, barely noticable at first, started to spread between the customers. More and more people joined in and the more we became, the louder our voices got, the bigger our enthusiasm grew.

We went out of the store marching through the streets, now almost yelling from the top of our lungs. People came running to us, abandoning their daily life and work. Construction workers dropped their hammers and joined us. Bankers threw away their phones and suitcases and came running. Police officers, who were deployed to deal with the uproar, threw away their batons and joined our crowd. One man in a wheelchair jumped up and was able to walk freely. Cats and dogs started following us, hissing and growling in anticipation.

Church bells started to chime and even the wind in the trees seemed to sing along with our chant. There was a tingle in the air, tickling our sences. We smelled flavors we never smelled before, we felt a calming yet exilharating humming sound in the air. And there was this strange light beyond the horizon, shining in a colour so beautiful we were drawn to it like moths.

We walked out of the town upon a hill and then we finally saw it. There was a bright star in the sky, barely above the horizon, radiating this light.
    And between the star and the sun, in perfect alignment, a cloud began to form out of seemingly nowhere, reflecting both the light of the sun and the new star. It slowly took shape of a beautiful, bald man and when we recognized the face of Björn Pankratz, we fell down on our knees, weeping tears of joy.

He looked down on us, smiling in approval.

"ELEX COMETH!", he said.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • incline incline x 8
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. pOcHa Arcane Patron

pOcHa
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    [​IMG]

• :M :M x 6
    • M: M: x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Thats a big parrot

• :M :M x 6
    • Yes Yes x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • M: M: x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    Ohhhh gods i have gone down the dark path of pre-orders for a first time in my live....
    [​IMG]

• Salute x 9
    • incline x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. I have this thread bookmarked so I can come back to see you all despair about how hideously shit the game is when you actually come to play it.

Of course, I'll accept if I'm wrong and the game is actually good. I wonder if you lot will do the same if the game is terrible. If the game is good, it will be a genuine surprise. You won't have the same excuse considering you had Risen 2 and Risen 3 as forewarning.

• butthurt x 5
    • retadred x 4
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Gepeu Savant Patron

Gepeu
    Who the fuck still uses winamp?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    all the cool people who also wait for ELEX!

• Prestigious Prestigious x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.