Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Old One

Arcane
I would get locked out of faction cities as soon as I commit to a faction, right? In light of this, it does make sense to quest as much as possible with all the factions before committing, right?
You don't have to worry about that, all the quests (aside from the faction rank progression ones) will be available for you to complete have you joined a faction or not. Playing without joining one for a long time just makes the game unnecessaraly more difficult for you.

My one complaint about the game is that the factions are too well-balanced in terms of likeability, which makes it extremely difficult to pick one. They all have cool things about them, but they're all also slightly distasteful.

JDR13

Arcane
In the latest update from Piranha Bytes on their YouTube channel, they mention that their "current game" is completely playable and is in the QA phase. They don't say Elex 2, but it's assumed that's what they're referring to. The video was just uploaded today.

bat_boro

Arcane
I'm loving my time with the game and I see risen 3 currently being heavily discounted, should I go for it? I remember trying it when it came out and while the exploration was better than the corridor open world of risen 2, it left a lot to be desired. Should I give it another go? Elex has restored my faith in PB, gaming and humanity basically

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm loving my time with the game and I see risen 3 currently being heavily discounted, should I go for it? I remember trying it when it came out and while the exploration was better than the corridor open world of risen 2, it left a lot to be desired. Should I give it another go? Elex has restored my faith in PB, gaming and humanity basically

avoid like the plague if you dont want to lose that faith again

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

avoid like the plague if you dont want to lose that faith again
this is also what holds me back

but man, it's rough out there for a guy's needin his Gothic fix

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
R3 is an OK timewaster, an improved version of R2. Don't expect anything on the G1/G2/R1 level out of it and you'll be good.

I personally really liked Risen 3 although it is pretty easy and the ending feels half-assed, I recommend you give it a shot, it is dirt cheap anyways.

No you won't. I didn't expect anything and it still scarred me.

The moment I heard main characters voice I knew I don't want to play it. :lol: Uninstalled not long after that. At least main dude in R2 was enjoyable. If they kept the same guy for R3 I might've actually played through it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.worldofelex.de/en/site/news-archive/11-news-en/760-how-is-elex-2-progressing

How is Elex 2 progressing?
Now a few months have passed again and as a player one can't help but wonder when PB's next game will finally be announced. In the past few days and weeks, Piranha Bytes have given some hints about their next project, which is very likely to be Elex 2. Jenny from Piranha Bytes emphasizes in our forum that the project is taking big leaps and will be announced this year, although it shouldn't be long.

PB have revealed a few more details about the game: They still use their own engine, but there will be new tech and gameplay features. The game is also quite ambitious. Björn and Jenny also give another update in a video from Piranha Becken TV (from 15:48). Accordingly, the team is making good progress and the game seems to be finished in terms of content. It is currently in Quality Assurance. And in another video, they mention that they improved the shooter elements significantly. (Thanks to community member Scrembol for the hints!)

bloodlover

Arcane
Hello there. Do stats in this game work like in Gothic, where you need more and more skill points for one attribute point? I remember that in G2 I stopped putting points in when the cost was too high and drank elixirs to max out stats. I will probably make a melee char if it matters.

Also, is it wise to join a faction asap for the benefits? I know PB games are brutal at the start so getting an armor and a better weapon make a huge difference but I would not want to miss out on xp and content just for that.

Thank you.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Disclaimer: I have not read this topic since a few weeks after release of the game.

Are there any mods out there that change/add gameplay? Not just visual crap like armor and shitty enbs?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
stats are used as requirements for weapons, they dont add additional dmg.

There are mixed signals on this. I recall reading that somebody had tested and found no impact, but somewhere else I read that they do have an impact, but it's so negligible until it accumulates to large amounts that it's not worth building around (IOW by the time they make any noticeable difference the game's nearly finished).

I can't imagine that they would outright lie on the stat blurbs, so I should think it's probably the latter. But in either case, even if they're not outright lies, the blurbs are horribly misleading.

Are there any mods out there that change/add gameplay? Not just visual crap like armor and shitty enbs?

There is rebalance mod called "Elex Overhaul", which I'm inclined to try eventually but first wanna do a second vanilla run. Which I started not long ago. Damn I forgot what an absolute pain in the ass the early game in this is. Trying to go with melee combat this time, which I gave up on during first run very fast and went for Clerics and their laser guns. This time gonna be a Berserker.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
stats are used as requirements for weapons, they dont add additional dmg.

There are mixed signals on this. I recall reading that somebody had tested and found no impact, but somewhere else I read that they do have an impact, but it's so negligible until it accumulates to large amounts that it's not worth building around (IOW by the time they make any noticeable difference the game's nearly finished).

I can't imagine that they would outright lie on the stat blurbs, so I should think it's probably the latter. But in either case, even if they're not outright lies, the blurbs are horribly misleading.

Its a shame, but good weapon have stellar stat requirements regardless. And yes, you do need many more stat points to buy attributes at higher attribute levels. This is why stat boosting accessories are so nice - they allow you to meet some equipment requirements without paying insane amounts of stat points for high level attributes (like 10 points for 1 raise).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

There is rebalance mod called "Elex Overhaul", which I'm inclined to try eventually but first wanna do a second vanilla run. Which I started not long ago. Damn I forgot what an absolute pain in the ass the early game in this is. Trying to go with melee combat this time, which I gave up on during first run very fast and went for Clerics and their laser guns. This time gonna be a Berserker.

Clerics are perfectly fine for melee also. They don't quite have the raw damage of Berserkers BUT are much safer to play in melee range. I'd even say they are better for melee then Berserkers. YMMV.

Yeah ok, but why would I play the same faction two times in a row? Gonna stick with the hippie idiots. If they let me in, that is, because I already done some things they don't like. Like killing one of them who was perma butthurt about Albs and ended up pissing me off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom