Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Murk

Arcane
That was my plan too, and now I'm level 26 and still haven't joined a faction; though I plan to join the Outlaws cuz #yolo.

My next play through I think I will do the opposite and rush to Clerics.

Tigranes

Arcane
Benefit of rushing clerics is Suggesting everybody.

Actual combat, I've always maintained melee is fun in PB games (when not bugged) and the rest is never fun in itself, just nice reward to get new pew pews for explore thieve quest

razvedchiki

Erudite
yes,my next playhtrough will be the outlaws,i thought that they only had shotguns as ranged weapons but i have found rocket and grenade ammunition!i will also steal the crap out of everything,playing a brotherhood of steel cleric "virtuous is my middle name" paladin is somewhat restrictive economically speaking.:P

i wish they had gone a bit deeper with the division between the clerics and the bezerkers about tech like in arcanum,if you would go full tech healing potions would no work on you etc.
also it would be cool if the cleric helmets had some night vision,being supah high tech and all.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i have only managed to make ranged work with the plasma and flamethrower aoe attacks,the lazer isnt strong enough to kill mobs until they rush you-at least the basic one,though i didnt invest into melee at all,maybe i should soften them up with some lazer bursts and then smash them with the hammer and the words of Calaan!

Murk

Arcane
My basic Laser Rifle 2 is p good,and my standard ranged weapon. Plasma is OP cuz of the juggle you can do with the orb, but I like the burst fire of the laser.

Melee is the most involved and interesting way to go for sure.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Does that mean enemies have even better auto aim now? :?

"auto aim"

jesus christ you fuckers, the enemies just lead your fucking path with their targeting, acquire some basic reflexes, FFS
You mean like when troll throws rock in front of himself which then makes a 180 turn and lands behind him on you? Yeah, right.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Amusing find early on in the game. . .

15phpc5.jpg

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
anyone else having trouble updating this on steam?

1.1gb dos2 update took 2min.
712mb of elex is taking 1h already and is killing my disc. Reboot doesnt help.

Are germans mining bitcoins on my machine?

I didn't have any issues, but it did take awhile to allocate space. I read somewhere that it needs about 18 GB to allocate and then it'll download. If your disc is getting full, that may be why.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So Black Hole is super OP. I tried beelining to Ignadon and joining Clerics on Ultra, and honestly, if you're frustrated by early game and want to be able to kill things (as opposed to enjoying that scavenger status, which I did), then just go for a faction as early as you can. OK, so you miss out on a couple quests directly related to promotion, boo hoo. What you lose in a pittance of XP, you gain by access to gear and abilities that let you stand up to weaker critters hours and hours earlier.

Black hole is OP though, since once you get a hit in you can stun-knockdown everybody in radius (& it gravitates everyone to the same place to make it even easier). On level 8, joined Clerics, could basically take on most weaker mobs between Psi & acolyte armour.

I like how the game looks in grassy areas, really. Quite charming.

kdYzdZ5.png
yeah. Only some of the areas like some rocks or rusted metals. Looks bad.

Otherwise the game looks p pleasant. Not ultra hi def budget pretty, but it looks nice on area design itself.

Wandering trough the valley of the damned in a,foggy morning where the light shaft come down from the canopies is oje of the prettiest sight

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You mean like when troll throws rock in front of himself which then makes a 180 turn and lands behind him on you? Yeah, right.

This is still target leading, albeit extreme. The projectile won't alter its flight path after launch, so calling it auto-aim is just holding up a neon sign saying "I cannot into shooters and/or I have the reflexes of a brick wall".

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Always felt with PB their focus on delivering 100% seamless worlds outweighs any decline in the graphics department.

On that note, you can just double the overall fidelity in your GPU config anyway. Cross-platform games of this scale, always have high tier fidelity options omitted on the PC - publishers don't like console variants appearing...inferior...more so when SONY/XB "next-gen hardware" can't exceed 30fps by default lol.

I didn't notice a performance hit after doing this either, Genome Engine is over 10 years old, it is well optimized for PC.

xT9ROU6.jpg

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter

This is still target leading, albeit extreme. The projectile won't alter its flight path after launch, so calling it auto-aim is just holding up a neon sign saying "I cannot into shooters and/or I have the reflexes of a brick wall".

yep the “hit box are broken” and “enemy have homing ranged attack”
it’s actually only a “git gud” issue.

Xeon

Augur
WTF, dude dodges a step and manages to evade the attacks seamlessly, almost looks like god mode. I really should get good, all I do is roll around and jetpack around.

The Alb's range attack at 5:05 looks pretty derpy, a bullet can't hit you because you take a step back instead of to the side? is dumb.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is this the Dark Soul of PB combat RPGs then? (hey, figured i'd be the first to make this shitty joke).

Declinator

Arbiter

yep the “hit box are broken” and “enemy have homing ranged attack”
it’s actually only a “git gud” issue.
Enemies don't have homing attacks that is true but a video showing a guy using i-frames to dodge doesn't exactly disprove bad hitboxes. Anyone playing a melee character should know by now that the game has bad hitboxes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom