Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Also a good tip - invest into survival early on, there was a skill that gives you x3 xp for all exploration and secrets, and since you will find a lot of em especially if your perception is good, you will get a lot of xp early on

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Sounds like min-maxing is completely unnecessary. I was going to wait a week or so to let them patch the inevitable bugs, but maybe they'll do something about difficulty too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released:

https://af.gog.com/game/encased_a_scifi_postapocalyptic_rpg?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/2957164587056468733

Encased is out
fddb06237220a6bc3c5eb60d433943a21a325edc.jpg

We are beyond thrilled to make this announcement: Today Encased - the game to which we have dedicated more than three years of our lives - will be released out of early access. It's hard for us to contain our excitement and describe how important this moment is.

We’ve been through the Kickstarter campaign, two years of early access, five content patches, millions of hours of early access playtime, hundreds of characters, quests, abilities, and items.

Ahead of us is a leap of faith into the final stage of the most desperate adventure of our lives!

Do you remember how it all started?

450d12f3570003175b2e7154536e0845cd3beecb.gif

In 2017 a very small team of developers decided to create their own game. An RPG with enormous freedom of choice, nearly infinite variability, hundreds of characters and a real influence of player’s choices on the world and story. We knew from the start that we had a long, challenging, but incredibly exciting road ahead of us. And as we developed, it only became more and more difficult.

4311d62aeb4efa0366dabc9b949e5594a409bf68.gif

Now we are working with a major publisher Prime Matter, but we are still the same independent studio, burning with the idea to create games of our dreams. Our numbers have grown from only a few employees to dozens of people, and the duration of a single full playthrough is around 40 hours!

Get ready for adventures and more

8f3c1f63c6e2669f471dc0d3efbae06664955b36.gif

During the two years of Early Access, many of you have already played dozens of hours through this phase. The game has already received five content patches that added new mechanics, locations and characters to the game.

5f88f5e8797222931ff75a26979bf3e103716129.gif

Today, you will uncover the entire world under the Dome, a full story campaign, an updated interface and dozens of endings that will be influenced by your own decisions. And today we're going to tell you about some of the features we're most proud of!

c30971657500a11f48bb98adceb4d140a568fd03.gif

Encased encourages the most sophisticated ways of playing through the game and is ready for your most extraordinary deeds and decisions. Many, even seemingly insignificant steps of your character will affect the world, story and ending.

Tactical turn-based combat

37fed6586242ca58d91d05e45335c01716e239e7.gif

We're die-hard fans of old-school RPGs, so we chose to stick with turn-based battles, where winning is not a matter of clicking your mouse fast enough, but of tactics and strategy. The game mechanics have been changing throughout the early access and our game designers invested a lot of effort into the combat system and balance.

de6468bf1f474f56dc5a1b276ac45fdac39523be.gif

Encased now features 14 skill trees, over 250 passive and active abilities, 70 perks, and 17 character traits. We did the maths and found that at least 40 unique builds are available to players.

7f7a8fba7d307ca25d897ec44a388a4961546195.png

Unique playthroughs

Remember we promised you that only you can decide how to play the game? The World under the Dome gives you maximum freedom of choice.

Create a character with low intelligence and unlock completely unique dialogues and character reactions, coupled with unconventional ways to die or complete the quest against all the odds.

4b60c107b75bd0bf296f8c422e94532703ca3acc.png

And if you don't want to talk to anyone, you can hide from others using stealth, strike your enemies from the shadows and go through the whole story as a lone wolf.

9b1a17c9292f797b00bb59f8b1dce1e430588b85.png

Unleash your darkest fantasies and start destroying and killing every living thing under the Dome from the very first seconds of the game. Engage in every fight and mercilessly kill every employee of the CRONUS corporation, the game is even ready for a psychopath like you.

156eacfd5af9cf4390599033bf3c37b2749b46b8.jpg

Believe the best of people? Take on the role of an ardent pacifist, use only non-lethal methods of eliminating opponents and go through the game without spilling a drop of blood. The world under the Dome will remember every action you take.

0df02f266f7293c97d2267b98891e41ee36f7e71.png

And these are just a few of your future playthrough options. Immerse yourself in the world under the Dome and play your chosen role to the very end!

Fully voiced main quest with multiple actors

c40451ea680dbfd54051d0230324418a08c47c9d.png

Each key character of the world under the Dome is voiced by a professional actor in both English and Russian. Now the adventures have become much more atmospheric and the characters are fully individualised.

Weapon upgrades, crafting, and survival systems

79fc06d196fca9ce4a36c88ac3f2d60322139e67.gif

We did not strive to create a wasteland survival simulator, but rather a believable living world where in order to stay alive you have to eat, sleep, find or create weapons, try on servoshell armor that protects against many dangers, but is not able to fit through a small manhole or a gap in the fence. Each location and quest can be completed in a variety of ways and it's up to you to decide which one to use.

Hundreds of characters, companions and factions

51ffd06bb32d8949c004206195489fa49ce5c912.png

The world under the Dome has a rich life of its own even without your involvement. Here you will meet interesting characters that can either become your best friends or your worst enemies. Militant factions will try to get you on their side, but whoever's right and wrong is for you to decide. Heroes and dubious characters alike are ready to join your squad. Each of them has their own view on what is going on, as well as their own attitude towards your actions. It's likely that you'll disagree with some of them while others may become your most loyal friends. These people —and not only such— will stand by your character’s side until the end and will possibly play an important role in the game's finale.

A Story that you can and will shape

9690eeac4508ae266e123d8df419636be141fbaa.gif

From the start Encased has been a game about how people’s courage, wisdom, and hard work can rebuild a decadent civilization from the ashes. But as we all know, not everyone wants to follow the hero's path. We’ve created the story in a way so that the world reacts to every decision you make, and instead of a thriving world in the finale you may see smoking ruins of cities, or a totalitarian empire growing under the Dome, or a state ruled by technocrats, or...

There truly are many endings to Encased, and we want each of you to experience the story that resonates with you.

We created Encased together with you

6fa824f3caeb421dab3af338ec22ad18ed66e43c.jpg

All the things we mentioned above would remain a dream without the support of our community. We often talk about how players have influenced the creation and development of Encased - and these are not mere words. Every bug report, Steam review, social media comment, game feedback and message you send us directly impacts how we develop the project.

11905782458095c7b8d6f3c2589a33659d465e9a.gif

The Kickstarter campaign was not the starting point of Encased. Even prior to that we came up with the basic concept of the project, put together the first technical preview, created the concept of Wings and the basis of the universe where humanity discovered the gigantic anomalous Dome. But it wasn't until the campaign began that we realized how many people were willing to support our dream. We realized that our players needed Encased!

36b15c6fbd8535d05e2a6659b2a5663274453173.jpg

We sincerely thank the 2,938 Kickstarter backers, the people who believed in us at the earliest stage of development. Pre-orders and every copy sold in early access only strengthened that feeling. The thought of your trust kept us going even in our darkest moments.

What’s next?

a6a6e65492241ab4a85cf898ac7d3ad1fbaab944.gif

Encased has exceeded our expectations. It has a lot more content, mechanics, characters, and points of interest than we intended to make at the beginning of development. Now it's a whole world that lives by its own laws and rules. Tomorrow, when you run the full version of the game for the first time, it may have bugs and flaws. Right now we're getting ready to receive your messages, to address each and every one of them as fast as we can, and to fix, edit and improve all the available content!

c3c7a8d77a442150635795d7e0538d1e9160a251.gif

You can support us with feedback, send us a bug report, write to us on any social media platforms that will continue to be filled with content. And we will continue to improve the world under the Dome to make your adventures even more exciting.

b71345d5c0cc6b717313385e976956bb32bfffe5.png

As soon as the game is released, we'll start creating previously unannounced content that will keep you coming back to the world under the Dome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sykar

Arcane
Hm, -3 skill points is a way too high price for me, dunno.

Is it? There are plenty of ways to gain skill points. There are perks granting 30 or even 60 skill points in total. There is one way to increase perk progression but that one needs a very weird stat combination that is not easy to come by and is not available before level 9. At level 20 you have "lost" 60. Slacker essentially gives you a significant boost right at the start but slows your progression a little. At worst you will end up needing a level extra to max another skill. /shrug

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Is it? There are plenty of ways to gain skill points. There are perks granting 30 or even 60 skill points in total. There is one way to increase perk progression but that one needs a very weird stat combination that is not easy to come by and is not available before level 9. At level 20 you have "lost" 60. Slacker essentially gives you a significant boost right at the start but slows your progression a little. At worst you will end up needing a level extra to max another skill. /shrug

All true, but, but... :)

Sykar

Arcane

All true, but, but... :)

It depends, do you value skill points or perks more. Me? I value perks more.

Just noticed not everything is fully voiced, including dialogue.

Cromwell

Arcane
So is there a difficulty where all the boni are disabled or is the classic one the highest?

Jinn

Arcane
Well, the game runs and looks great, that's for sure. Love the UI and overall aesthetic. Writing is nice too. The voice-acting isn't half bad, but I'll probably turn it off anyway because it slows my reading pace a bit.

Trying to quickly get to some combat/exploration and see what's what.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How is the game bros ? I want to play it but i think of finishing pissfinder first.
You can play both. If you know the book and have decent writer talent, you'd scream murder what they did to story.
Ahh i prefer to finish the games i start in one go. Also i am at the good part of pissfinder. But i had installed encased too,while i was fucking demon bitches. Will check it out tomorrow or later .

Cromwell

Arcane
Do I get that right they split the applied skills from the combat skills and you dont have to share points?

vibehunter

Learned
Lol why does the UI remind me of Outer Worlds?

I'm interested in hearing more about the difficulty. If it's too easy all throughout the game it's a hard pass for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom