Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

jackofshadows

Magister
turned out, Encased is barely infected with it

Whaaaaaaaaat? I'll buy it then.
I get the feeling that the game is written by libs. But it's absolutely not the same as game being pozzed. And you could buy it, sure - I mean it's so cheap but don't expect much, man.
it feels like a proper challenging CRPG.
Top kek.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I've played up to the point of finishing Nashville, what you may call the first dungeon.
Impressions so far:

+ Exploration and setting are very fun, they nailed the awesome feeling from exploring vaults in FO1.
+ There seems to be a good amount of reactivity/c&c.

/ I'm indifferent towards the voice acting. If one could remove the narrator and keep the characters it'd be pretty alright.
/ Loot containers rivaling Expedition Vikings in quantity. But you can just skip them, so I suppose it's ok.

– Lots of bad UI/UX decisions. Hire a proper designer, for fuck's sake.
– Combat is flat and boring. Better than FO admittedly, but not by much. Currently playing at the highest setting with a non-combat character, and I'm still beating every encounter without much thought. I doubt adding another difficulty tier will change anything because the base system is too simple to allow for proper tactics.
+ The silver lining is that, at least so far, I haven't seen any trash-mob encounters.

Despite the flaws, it's a very enjoyable game so far, and I could hardly put it down. Thumbs up.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't mind the voice acting, none of them are bad and seemingly fit the characters. It's the narration I can't stand, it just disrupts the flow. Hopefully they patch in an ability to toggle it on/off without removing all voices.

I think the UI/UX is one of the better things in the game, though I hate how you can't hit escape to close journals/inventory/etc. I hear they are adding that in the first hotfix though.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
WTF IS A BAG OF HAMMERS

I checked every perk, trait and ability. It must be something you gain during the playthrough, similar to story perks in Fallout 1 and 2.

It's the trait used by the game to mark you as a dum-dum. I think there's a tooltip about it.

Hm, you sure?

Well you could make a character with brains 1 or 2 just to check it out. ;)

Yep, just checked. Its dumbfuck brains 1 sadly :/

Sykar

Arcane
I've played up to the point of finishing Nashville, what you may call the first dungeon.
Impressions so far:

+ Exploration and setting are very fun, they nailed the awesome feeling from exploring vaults in FO1.
+ There seems to be a good amount of reactivity/c&c.

/ I'm indifferent towards the voice acting. If one could remove the narrator and keep the characters it'd be pretty alright.
/ Loot containers rivaling Expedition Vikings in quantity. But you can just skip them, so I suppose it's ok.

– Lots of bad UI/UX decisions. Hire a proper designer, for fuck's sake.
– Combat is flat and boring. Better than FO admittedly, but not by much. Currently playing at the highest setting with a non-combat character, and I'm still beating every encounter without much thought. I doubt adding another difficulty tier will change anything because the base system is too simple to allow for proper tactics.
+ The silver lining is that, at least so far, I haven't seen any trash-mob encounters.

Despite the flaws, it's a very enjoyable game so far, and I could hardly put it down. Thumbs up.

6AE06C52E127CB62C438D75B55718FB09E7C66D2

Terenty

Liturgist
Just started, but what already makes it worse than Fallout is the impersonal dialogue options and too much unnecessary descriptions and details

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Might have to check this out. I'm genuinely surprised that people are liking it, need to start paying more attention.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok a small update.

Played a few hours last night, finished Nashville, beelined to Magellan for the servoshell quest, obtained it and going to Picnic now.

Started as Silver Wing, all stats 6 (Bossy trait). Focused on survival, influence and science at start. 0 investment atm into combat, will go for psionics later.
Atm lvl 9, took Observant on lvl 3, Renaissance person on 6, and Loner on 9.
Raised survival to 60 pronto to get the bonus x3 xp on discovering new shit (works on secrets!!!) - xp gain on exploring is stupidly good, especially with loner perk.
So far so good :))))

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Yeah, game is really sweet, and dat price! Go people support the devs and buy this gem of a crpg.
It's nice when You have a game with so strong focus on C&C and many little accents like coffin one ;) . For me Encased is a game of autumn 2021.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Pretty much avoided it at start, only nuked all the turrets outside nashville because each gives nice xp. Once i got the Nashville servoshell i curbstomped the crazies inside.
Insane amount of xp can be gained by exploring so combat atm is not a priority for me

Sykar

Arcane
Pretty much avoided it at start, only nuked all the turrets outside nashville because each gives nice xp. Once i got the Nashville servoshell i curbstomped the crazies inside.
Insane amount of xp can be gained by exploring so combat atm is not a priority for me

Much more satisfying blowing up the generator!

Action points will be low due to low fortune sadly

Deftness will compensate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom