Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape From Tarkov

Squid

Arbiter
It's impressive how voice chat prevents 99% of deaths from other players in this game now. Just yell at them to stop shooting and they'll actually do it. At least, on NA servers.
Damn that kinda makes me want to play lmao.

There's plenty of rumors like this, I've heard my share regarding cheats. A lot of guys hack then blame literally everything else for the ban.

Don't trust random strangers on the internet, obviously, but here's how it went for me:
So far, I've been playing SP-AKI exclusively in the last year and last time I checked, I can still access the game.
Here's how it goes:
Once you've downloaded the lastest release with the original patcher and run the game once, you basically copy the whole Eft folder elsewhere (separate partition if you're particularly paranoid. I wasn't) and the mod doesn't interact
with the original game files in any way. I think SP-AKI only checks if you've got the legit registry keys, because they're anal about not enabling piracy. They seem intent to stay on the dev's good side to keep the project up.
In turn, I don't think the devs have any real way to detect any modified files unless they agressively spyware your shit.
Don't do anything stupid, like leave the mod running after you start the patcher, and it should be fine.
Interesting, thank you.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Seems like a fair number of of people feel weird about playing EFT at the moment for ... reasons. BSG are still working on things behind the scenes, as testified by people on the ETS servers and a couple of small public updates in the past week, but they've been pretty quiet since that awkwardly timed sale announcement on 22/02/22 -- aka, the "Defenders of the Fatherland Day" (23rd Feb.) sale. Lot of speculation about what this will all mean for BSG, and truthfully no one knows; but at the very least it's worth knowing they're registered in the UK rather than Russia. (Maybe that means something for their partnership with Kalashnikov Concern, or maybe it means nothing at all.)

Anyway, something completely different: Veritas doing his thing again (almost three hours long though...).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems like a fair number of of people feel weird about playing EFT at the moment for ... reasons. BSG are still working on things behind the scenes, as testified by people on the ETS servers and a couple of small public updates in the past week, but they've been pretty quiet since that awkwardly timed sale announcement on 22/02/22 -- aka, the "Defenders of the Fatherland Day" (23rd Feb.) sale. Lot of speculation about what this will all mean for BSG, and truthfully no one knows; but at the very least it's worth knowing they're registered in the UK rather than Russia. (Maybe that means something for their partnership with Kalashnikov Concern, or maybe it means nothing at all.)

Anyway, something completely different: Veritas doing his thing again (almost three hours long though...).

They should go full Vatnik and turn Western merc side into Ukranians so people can vent their frustrations in the game (both sides).

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This is my first time playing Tarkov, game has been fantastic so far.
tarkov.png

Anyone else looking forward to the new patch and first part of Streets finally releasing?

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I don't know what's in the patch, but I salute you for starting to play so far into a 'wipe' when everyone is armed to the teeth with the finest weapons, the heaviest armor and, most irritatingly, vastly more lethal ammunition. I'm waiting for the wipe before I fire it up again.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I don't know what's in the patch, but I salute you for starting to play so far into a 'wipe' when everyone is armed to the teeth with the finest weapons, the heaviest armor and, most irritatingly, vastly more lethal ammunition. I'm waiting for the wipe before I fire it up again.
You'd be surprised how rare high level armor is but the point about ammo and high level mods is very valid of course. As a noob I was mostly busy learning the maps, game mechanics and finishing quests.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Battlestate love their larping.

It's exciting to finally have (the first part) of Streets around the corner though. Just praying that the new hitbox system comes with it.

Highlight: we're getting a pet cat!
cat.gif

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
And new event, SCAVS ON LABS!
Curious how many keycards you accrued in your short time. (Minus the ones you have to give Jaeger or w/e.)

These videos are great, but I kinda wish they would use the cash to produce that single player game that Tarkov was originaly supposed to get funding for.
That's still the plan; EFT was a means of making money and training developers to work on their STALKER-like, codenamed Russia 2028. There's still a lot of concept art there, and if anything they're keen to hit 1.0 asap so they can start on that beyond concepts.

Speaking of the videos though, have you seen their film? (Also available in a mini-series verison if that's more your tempo.) Was meant to convey what the end-state of Tarkov would be like.

Incidentally, it's funny that it's of a much higher production quality than propaganda/recruitment videos created by the Russian PMC that BEAR are loosely based upon. :P

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
And performance took a further dip! Yeeha!
There is an issue right now with the new sound system causing massive frame rate drops which can be fixed by turning binaural audio off. Other than that the performance has been great.

tried the game again and streets, runs like fucking ass and lags ontop of that. this game is literally just full of tedious shit, i don't know how people can gaslight themselves into thinking it's enjoyable.

Victor1234

Educated
tried the game again and streets, runs like fucking ass and lags ontop of that. this game is literally just full of tedious shit, i don't know how people can gaslight themselves into thinking it's enjoyable.
Yup. Plus all the cheaters. On the other hand, there's the SP-AKI mod to let you play it offline/coop. Performance is great if you're the only one loading into a raid.

As for the game, it's the very best out right now at one thing and one thing only, which is the only reason I ever play it instead of ARMA 3. CQB. If ARMA 4 ever comes out and is actually good inside buildings (doubtful?), I'll be dropping Tarkov altogether.

Yup. Plus all the cheaters. On the other hand, there's the SP-AKI mod to let you play it offline/coop. Performance is great if you're the only one loading into a raid.

As for the game, it's the very best out right now at one thing and one thing only, which is the only reason I ever play it instead of ARMA 3. CQB. If ARMA 4 ever comes out and is actually good inside buildings (doubtful?), I'll be dropping Tarkov altogether.
i'll see about that mod, i also recommend you look into Dark and Darker (bi-monthly playtests, pretty much), it's highlighted how shitty games like Tarkov are. they don't need to have all these tedious systems. i put like 70 hours into the last playtest, haven't gamed like that in years and it's the same story with many many people (many are also begging to pay for it just to keep playing, despite it being in alpha). that game is going to be huge and tarkov will remain a shart. :salute:

Codex Year of the Donut
In a 2016 interview, one of the game's developers stated that there would be no women or playable female characters in the game because "women can't handle that amount of stress. There's only place for hardened men in this place."[40] After apologising for the previous comments, Battlestate Games clarified their position in 2020, stating that while the employee's comments did not reflect the company's position or opinion as a whole, there would be no playable female characters due to "game lore and more importantly, the huge amount of work needed with animations, gear fitting, etc." Battlestate Games also stated that the employee would be reprimanded for his comments.[41]
game made by turbocucks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom