Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Silverfish

Arbiter
FO76:
d0e15ee9-e15c-42ab-a674-7f95f65248cf-1.png

fx8pdcsfjl5zeglcydbc.png

Good thing you can't change your build on the fly. Otherwise, these stat checks would be completely meaningless.

Yosharian

Arcane
Now play it with F4EE

I don't really plan on playing it anytime soon, but when I do, I'll look into this. Can u give me a quick synopsis on what F4EE is? And thanks for the recommendation! <3
Turn the Commonwealth into a true wasteland! Ammo is scarce, and so is food and water. You will need to use every advantage you have to survive. But, every interaction has just a bit more of a classic feel to it. This modlist transforms Fallout 4 into a much more full, believable and exciting world!

What this modlist does:

This modlist has been made because I was truly inspired by Belmont Boy and his work on Ultimate Skyrim, and I noticed there was a lack of a modlist that really felt as good as US does for Fallout 4. So, being a crafty CS major who has a little bit of time on his hands, I decided to try my hand at compiling a modlist to make Fallout 4 maybe just a little more fun. Just so you know, this modlist uses HORIZON to completely overhaul how the game works at a fundamental level. Your game will be much less recognizable and very tough, especially at early levels; you have been warned. Along with being more difficult, this modlist makes Fallout 4 look better, play better, adds new guns, new ways to build settlements, new strategies and ways to roleplay your character. It even adds new content to explore all over the map. New NPCs, new quests, new adventures, and new enemies to fight, all fitting into the world and making it that much more enjoyable. Fallout 4 always seemed a little empty, so now you have more things to play around with to fill the world yourself, as well as new things that already fill some of the empty void! Roleplay to your heart's content, or find a way to become the strongest being in the Commonwealth; it's all up to you! Oh, and the annoying voice of the main character is gone, so you can sound like yourself for once! You are not shoehorned into being whoever the game tells you to. You are you. Play this game how YOU want to, not like how Bethesda wants you to.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39996?tab=description

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm sorry you lost me
Well, it's like, getting a one-stop mod setup is like having the game do the shooting for you? 'Cause, you know, modding is the real gameplay loop? Heh?... Nevermind, I'll get my coat.
Oh haha. Yeah you're not wrong, I've spent many an hour modding a Beth game up to its eyeballs only to uninstall 30 mins after actually playing.

Bliblablubb

Arcane

Good thing you can't change your build on the fly. Otherwise, these stat checks would be completely meaningless.
You can't change your SPECIAL on demand.
You don't need to switch around for a "dialog checks only bloodied build". Just get yourself a set of shitty lvl1 bloodied armor parts just for the bonus, gobble down a few bottles of "Genuine West-Tek Water" (tm) and voila, all stats are close to 25. :obviously:
Then use radaway and go back to your junkie setup or whatever you use.

Yes I know, the skill checks are meant for low level chars fresh out of the vault. Just saying.

Yosharian

Arcane
Shor answer - is Nuka World worth and at least half as good as Far Harbor?

It's worth if you want to join raiders, that makes Minutemen your enemies and you can kill Preston. If you want to be a good guy then it's reduced to collection of dungeon crawls.
The only problem with this is that it looses raiders upon the commonwealth and you then have to deal with that

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Perhaps Far Harbor was somewhat... decent/worth going through once (can't say as I never played it), but Fallout 4's expansion DLCs were such a big pile of bullshit or nothing.
That Bethesda managed to make DLCs even worse than the ones for Fallout 3 is incredible.
Were ideas specifically selected on how terrible they are? And did the designers/writers behind these have to learn to be so awful, or does it come naturally to them?

It is almost like "How can we make the Fallout world even more boring and how can we milk the content of Fallout 1 and 2 more?"
All the potential and freedom, and one DLC is a rehash of Point Lookout, and the other is a shitty theme park full of raiders.

These DLCs actually make a case why DLCs are inferior to the old expansion packs and should perhaps not being done any more.

retinoid

Savant
Having not played F4 and knowing absolutely nothing about it, does it at least have the distinction of having the title of "It's a shit Fallout but a decent shooter/exploration game"?. Is it brainless enough to be turn your brain off style fun?

Yosharian

Arcane
Having not played F4 and knowing absolutely nothing about it, does it at least have the distinction of having the title of "It's a shit Fallout but a decent shooter/exploration game"?. Is it brainless enough to be turn your brain off style fun?
Yes... with some caveats

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter

Honestly, there are way better games to play than this pile of cack, or other things to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom