Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Zeriel

Arcane

Yeah, that's the interview I was talking about. Tim Cain is a nice guy and a developer still working in the industry so he is tactful, but reading between the lines there the only good thing he has to say is, "They did a good job adapting Fallout into their lineup."

Cadmus

Arcane
He really comes off as if he's desperately looking for something nice to say about the game. I don't believe he's even interested in it to actually hate it as people here do but it seems he doesn't like it very much.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh that damn dev team size!
CTj8LjTWcAATZnK.png:large

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
He played F3 more than New vegas :M

Anyway, looks like game designers are less retarded than mostly of internet users who irrationally hates one games and praise another.

Zeriel

Arcane
So, I went back to the very first town with enemies you visit. There was a level-scaled raider with power armor and a fatman shooting nukes at me. At level 12.

10/10

Quatlo

Arcane
So, I went back to the very first town with enemies you visit. There was a level-scaled raider with power armor and a fatman shooting nukes at me. At level 12.

10/10
I've met him at level 2 or 3 just after the deathclaw fight.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Down to 78% Steam rating and 87 Metacritic (47 User Score); not that it particularly matters, since half a million people are already playing on Steam and likely just as many or more are playing on consoles.

I finally understand on a personal level why Muslims wish to behead those who denigrate the Quran. I want to behead the people who create and celebrate this rape of the Fallout franchise, and it's just a computer game. It would warm my heart to see them fed into a woodchipper.

Also, every Codexer who bought and played FO4 on release is going on my ignore list and will be excluded from my upcoming giveaways of cRPGs that aren't total garbage.

Nael

Arcane
Also, every Codexer who bought and played FO4 on release is going on my ignore list and will be excluded from my upcoming giveaways of cRPGs that aren't total garbage.

I don't think anyone that throws $60 away for a dumpster fire like FO4 really cares about video game giveaways. They've obviously got money to waste.

Zerginfestor

Learned
https://a.pomf.cat/wkpmnm.mp4

the AYY LMAO's are back, along with that AYY LMAO weapon. Can't wait to see Bethesda do more stupid shit with this and make an entire fucking DLC about it, hell, I think I remember one of the NPCs talking about 'a fight on the moon', which is most likely Bethesda's way of saying "HURP A DURP GUESS WHAT, FAGGOT, YOU'RE GOING TO THE MOOOOON!"

Am I retarded or there are no unarmed weapons to use in power armour except arm upgrade that gives you some shit +10 damage?

Are you fucking kidding me? IF the player cannot equip any Unarmed Weapon while in Power Armor, this means Unarmed is not only thrown to the backseat, it's practically in the trunk, screaming for dear life. First the nerf on fashion, then the nerf on gameplay effects and now this.

caveat

Novice
My review:

dpV2vuP.png

Favorite part of the game was the scene after the bombs begin dropping and you're required to run towards Vault 111 with your family and neighbors. You arrive at a gated area with a large crowd that is blocking the entrance to the vault and is guarded by a uniformed man and a guy or two in power armor. The uniformed man has a clipboard and is preventing anyone from entering the vault area unless they appear on his list. When you approach and attempt to interact with him, he says something to the effect of "Hmmm...man, woman and infant...okay, you're on the list, you're good to go," completely disregarding the fact that everyone else standing outside the fence matches that description.

It's really shocking how little effort went into this game. This scene could've been an interesting tutorial and opportunity to test game mechanics to decide how you want to build your character - try to persuade or intimidate the guards into letting you in, try to sneak your way in or cause a riot amongst the crowd so you can get in or try to force your way through. Instead, you get to crawl through a vault and beat roaches with a security baton. At least the approach Bethesda decided on gives the player an honest look at what to expect for the remainder of the game.

Bradylama

Arcane
Are you fucking kidding me? IF the player cannot equip any Unarmed Weapon while in Power Armor, this means Unarmed is not only thrown to the backseat, it's practically in the trunk, screaming for dear life. First the nerf on fashion, then the nerf on gameplay effects and now this.

In this world you're either Nerf, or nuthin'.

Zerginfestor

Learned
In this world you're either Nerf, or nuthin'.

By the looks of it, Unarmed is nothing but a sad dream. No longer can I box Deathclaws with Love and Hate, or send them to the moon with Greased Lightning all while wearing Reinforced Leather armor. I want to box the world into it's corner, not box me into one :C

pippin

Yeah, that's the interview I was talking about. Tim Cain is a nice guy and a developer still working in the industry so he is tactful, but reading between the lines there the only good thing he has to say is, "They did a good job adapting Fallout into their lineup."

However, Tim Cain once said he thought the way they handled c&c was really bad, especially considering how, of all the stuff you do in the capital wasteland, only six decisions are represented in the endings.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
C&C in Fallout 3 is amazing. If you poison the water in the base game's ending and "The Capital Wasteland, despite its progress, became a graveyard", as the ending slides say, the only actual effect it has in Broken Steel is that you see a handful of sick people here and there.

Quatlo

Arcane

I've got my hands on an unique power fist. On a plus side I instagib everything with one punch, but its still unusable with the power armour, you can only use melee weapons like clubs etc. You can punch in power armour, but these punches are so weak that you are better off with using 10mm pistol.

Drax

Arcane
Ok, so my buddy Pepe LeChuck gave me a copy so I could test this piece of shit.

1) FFS that pre-war intro. I literally and actually wanted to rip my heart off.
2) HOW CAN YOU FUCK A UI UP SO BADLY. The pip-boy and looting keybindings are INSANE unless you have 3 hands.
3) DAT dialog system.
4) Computers are implemented better than in FO3 and NV.
5) I "escaped" the vault, talked to not-fisto and went my way, got to the Red whatever fuel station, stroke the dogs penis and started looking up the crafting stations and so on. Suddenly, a wild todd appears a couple of stupid rats started to bug me, I was in the middle of shooting when the game surprised me with my first CTD.
6) Thought about starting the game again, decided to download the last Flash episode instead.
7) Did I mention the interface? It's embarrasing, it's so obvious they know modders will make a PC interface for them so they don't even try to pretend they care about that.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
However, Tim Cain once said he thought the way they handled c&c was really bad, especially considering how, of all the stuff you do in the capital wasteland, only six decisions are represented in the endings.
Six? No, that's too much, the only choice that actually matter is the choice at the end of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom