Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I still don't know how that Deathclaw came out of the civic access tunnel. Do they know how to use doors? Was it just hiding there under the manhole?

I didn't really understand the need for the Power Armor or the minigun. When I got to the roof I realized I had a perfect vantage point and, y'know, a laser gun. Even if it was a Fisher-Price windup hack job. So I just sat there sniping raiders until the Deathclaw popped out of its hole and almost instantly got crit'd in the legs by Garvey. Thing couldn't run anymore so it did this sad shuffle down the street getting pelted in the face by alternating laser beams.

Far more satisfying than the intended scene.

Also, PC hears the group is looking for a place Mama Junkie saw in her acid trips and knows it's real. Knows it's all of about two minutes outside of Concord and doesn't say shit while the group squabbles about it. So many opportunities wasted.

Zerginfestor

Learned
I despise how they made the vertibird land in such an awkward way that the only way TO PROGRESS was to equip the fucking Power Armor and grab the minigun (which you can use later on for the rest of the game, gg Bethesda). Pretty damn stupid, honestly.

Looks like there's only 2 revolver types as well (Pipe and the .44 PISTOL HURR HURR).

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Still playing it, still enjoying it. I like it even so much that I'm considering buying it for myself so I can have fun with mods and mess around with the creator a bit.

This thread here reminds me of hipsters and gutmenschen that we have in germany right now, people are tripping over themselfes to outdo others in their social circles to appear as tolerant and welcoming as possible to refugees while actually don't caring about them. In this thread it's people trying to outedge others instead thinking it gets them some street cred. Same with the 200+ thread pre-release of people posting minute to minute of how exactly they don't care about the game. :lol:

It's funny how some people somehow expected Bethesda to 'take notes' from Obsidian or somehow thought rpg mechanics were more solid this time around, when everxone knows they always further casualize their series game by game. As a result, the game can not be considered an rpg anymore anyway and is most fun played in short bursts, fucking around in the sandbox, exploring 1-2 sidelocations that have neat sidestories to them, killing shit in fun ways and if you are into that, customize your equipment and villages to your liking. Main story, quests and such are irrelevant and are only catalysts to bring you to even more small locations to collect and explore stuff. That's all what the game is about and it's good that Bethesda is not even trying to make it look like a deep RPG with choices and consequences anymore, focusing on what they can do decently instead. So again, what the hell did you expect? But please go on posting for even more hundred pages about how you not care about the game.

Oh and the delusion about Tim Cain secretly hating the game is also hilarious. The man basically spammed his social media with posts and pictures of all the bethesda fallout merchandise he bought and how he can't wait to finally play it non stop. The man knows that the game has nothing to do with fallout but for its name and detached himself from it, and so should you.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm entirely finished with cRPGs once Underrail and Tides of Numenera have released. There's just no point anymore.

Most barely qualify as RPGs now, and the customer base for actual RPGs is basically gone. Even a sizable chunk of "Codexers" ran out to GameStop or GAME and waited in line for a midnight release, trailing little turds of excitement down their pant legs as they went.

I read a lot of InterAction magazine as a kid, and I remember that Sierra On-Line was constantly pushing for the latest technologies and techniques to be used in their games. Although this didn't always work out the way we might have wanted (FMV sequences from the 90s are pretty cringe-worthy), it was a whole lot better than Bethesda's modus operandi. Those creatively bankrupt vultures are too stupid to work with anything but tweaked versions of the Godawful engine they've been using for nearly a decade, and the same paint-by-numbers game design methodology they've used since Oblivion has only changed in that they dumb it down more with each new sequel.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Apparently, raiders won't attack your settlements unless your defenses suck. So if you set up some turrets and whatnot you'll never get attacked. Kind of defeats the point doesn't it?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Apparently, raiders won't attack your settlements unless your defenses suck. So if you set up some turrets and whatnot you'll never get attacked. Kind of defeats the point doesn't it?

I fortified the red rocket workshop right at the start with lots of turrets and settlers on overwatch and it constantly gets attacked by suoper mutants. Guess its just randomized.

Zeriel

Arcane

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. I want to see those higher tier turrets fire, but that's never going to happen.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Man, adding Bethfags to my ignore list has really opened my eyes to how many retards bought this trash. I've added ten people already, and judging by the size of this thread and its predecessor, I know there are still plenty to go.

Meanwhile, the Steam purge continues.

8899b5c2d5.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Man, adding Bethfags to my ignore list has really opened my eyes to how many retards bought this trash. I've added ten people already, and judging by the size of this thread and its predecessor, I know there are still plenty to go.

8899b5c2d5.png

You seem to have taken a wrong turn at your Facebook page.

I know you have me on ignore, Blaine, but you're better off sticking to politics/GD as most of your posts betray you for the shut-in you are.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

8899b5c2d5.png
how do I unsubscribe from this blog?

Lemming42

Arcane
Why isn't this on the front page?

Thanks but it's nowhere near detailed enough, there's a whole goldmine of stuff for whoever writes the Codex review to get into: the ultra-wonky characterization of the protagonist and their nonsensical backstory, the game forcing quests on you even if you choose the "No" option or try to walk away, the piece of gaming brilliance that is the turret section with no enemies, the amazing range of bugs on display, level 1 raiders being equipped with the Fat Man and about 10 mini-nukes, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom