Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985328440/recommended/377160/
Bethesda started deleting negative reviews :D. Imagine DoubleBear doing that.

This Tyrant guy sure does a thorough test before not recommending.

Skyrim, not recommended, 1,395.7 hours played
Payday, not recommended, 751.6 hours played

now that's dedication!

As for Beth removing reviews. It is obvious they are in damage control mode, but removing stuff is kinda counter productive. Maybe they are panicking.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why is it legal for developers to remove reviews, if they are outright trolling or outright trying to hurt the reputation, but just giving candid review of the actual experience?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
JJw4zgdk6InX_9cRAkAER2eYBPgXQNbO_Jr1wJ5oJL0

Destructoid. :salute:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
found this

Fallout was there for me when I started high school.
Fallout was there for me when I lost my mother.
Fallout was there for me when I fell into depression.
Fallout was there for me when I graduated high school.
Fallout was there for me when I fell in love.
Fallout was there for me when I was cheated on.
Fallout was there for me when I recovered.
Fallout was there for me always.
Fallout is love, Fallout is life.

Sykar

Arcane

I did not know that Bethderp would use textures from the 90s. That or the texture itself rusted thoroughly during development into oblivion.

Uhh house robot can work for 200 years but power armor lasts 5 minutes?
:deathclaw:

Nevermind that FO 1+2 had established that power armor can last 100 years on a microfusion cell. Bethderp treats lore like a nympho treats faithfulness.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Guys, please don't judge me, but after reading this thread I decided to play Fallout... New Vegas, again.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nevermind that FO 1+2 had established that power armor can last 100 years on a microfusion cell. Bethderp treats lore like a nympho treats faithfulness.

Even forgetting lore rape, or even not taking in consideration the inconsistencies with the robot battery, a "micro-tank" that only works for a few hours would be useless in real warfare, and if it lasts minutes it'd be a sheer joke.

They wanted people to feel awesome from the beginning and then realized everything became too easy and "fixed it" by limiting usage, likely. Now, it was easy to solve. Give the player a "defective power armor" so you can justify the short usability and still keep in the game the goal to find a fully functional one. But I suppose that's not the case, right.

Beastro

Arcane
Yeah, that's the interview I was talking about. Tim Cain is a nice guy and a developer still working in the industry so he is tactful, but reading between the lines there the only good thing he has to say is, "They did a good job adapting Fallout into their lineup."

It's telling what he rambles on the most about. First the humour and then essentially "WTF did they just repackage our stuff and have enough balls to carve out their own unique corner of the world???"

Avellion

Erudite
Guys, please don't judge me, but after reading this thread I decided to play New Vegas again.
Why would I judge you? Seeing as I did the same.

Dead Money is just as good as I remembered. And by the time I am done with New Vegas, Underrail should have come out.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Guys, please don't judge me, but after reading this thread I decided to play New Vegas again.
Pathetic, should be 4ing-it-up like a reel gamer. wuts the matter? yo momma cant afford to buy new games? Sort that ho out and join the other kodexkoolkids.

Imagine going back to an un-VAed protag in 2015, it's like an episode of doctor who!

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far I am kinda having fun with it, honestly. I have to add Fallout 3 was my first Fallout and I first played FO1 2 years ago and yes, FO1 is of course better. Yet I just try to see the game as an FPS genremix that is not related to Fallout, so it's ok-ish. The Minecraft part tho is absolutely horrific and making me wanna scream, I really really hate it, it is so un-fun to run around in circles in your bases trying to scrap stuff. Also I have no idea how to connect generators to stuff that requires power because the game doesnt explain anything. Prolly through those laser wires but I cannot find stuff to build them.

Which leads me to my next point, the fact that you have to collect every single item ingame just to get the shit you need for building. I am an avid collector in games, quite addicted to collecting actually so I can make money, but this is taking it too far. I'm cramming up my inventory with ashtrays, baby bottles and used gas canisters so that I can extract resources from it and this is not fun at all. Jesus.

The slow-mo V.A.T.S. is also pretty bad, it's too fast and you often end up fumbling around while trying to aim for the head.

Yet exploration is ok, there are more handplaced items than in Fallout 3 and so far level scaling wasn't too bad. Dialogues are an utter joke tho, I already forgot half of what people told me because I cannot give a damn about them and the stupid dialogue wheel doesn't help.

Overall it's ok as your typical AAA game but you must not see it as anything Fallout-related. It just happens to bear the same name.

PS: Ignoring people who play the game, oh so edgy. If you are 12 years old :roll:

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

Unmodded FO:NV >> Failderp 3 and 4, even heavily modded.

Even forgetting lore rape, or even not taking in consideration the inconsistencies with the robot battery, a "micro-tank" that only works for a few hours would be useless in real warfare, and if it lasts minutes it'd be a sheer joke.

They wanted people to feel awesome from the beginning and then realized everything became too easy and "fixed it" by limiting usage, likely. Now, it was easy to solve. Give the player a "defective power armor" so you can justify the short usability and still keep in the game the goal to find a fully functional one. But I suppose that's not the case, right.

Indeed. There would have been so many better solutions to this quest than giving the player god mode mk II.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also I have no idea how to connect generators to stuff that requires power because the game doesnt explain anything.

And now you really understand the drama of your husband dying at the beginning...

Overall it's ok as your typical AAA game but you must not see it as anything Fallout-related. It just happens to bear the same name.

That's the right way to look at it. As I don't like shooters, I'll skip.

anus_pounder

Arcane
So I just killed a raider who was using a set of T-60 armor (isn't this like the most advance non-enclave power armor according to bethesda's lore?)

Holy shit. I thought the entire 'raider with power armor' thing people were talking about was a joke.

:what:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm guessing it's as bad as Oblivion where if you were a high enough level you'd find bandits with glass swords and armor?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"
Don’t heal Dogmeat
Yes, his whimpers are heart breaking and you’ll feel like a monster letting him limp around, but don’t waste a Stimpak on Dogmeat unless you really need him backing you up immediately. Stimpaks are a valuable and rare resource in the first few hours of the game, and you’ll need them way more than he does.

He can’t die, and will heal as soon as the fighting stops, so just leave him be and take revenge on the jerks who hurt him. Violent, brutal revenge.
"

Gord

Arcane
Indeed. There would have been so many better solutions to this quest than giving the player god mode mk II.

Well, it does kinda make sense if they explain it by giving you an old, damaged and unmaintained Power Armor which you can later replace with one in working condition that doesn't have the limitation, but I guess Bethesda didn't do it like that, did they?

anus_pounder

Arcane
I'm guessing it's as bad as Oblivion where if you were a high enough level you'd find bandits with glass swords and armor?

I found the guy at Lv. 20, so a few hours in. To be fair, he was wearing the exo-skeleton and it wasn't the full set. A helmet and a torso.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom