Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I think Bethesda took a peek at the achievements for different Steam games and they realized that if they don't include some kind of Press Awesome Button element really early in the game the general public would just drop it, or even worse, ask for a refund.

Power armor is the new Dragonshout. Gotta make the level 3 characters feel special.

GrainWetski

Arcane
So, you guys are level 18-20 after a couple days. I suppose that means you level up to 100 and become Good At Everything
You are good at everything from the start. Bethesda has gone all the way to make everyone feel awesome. There's no real character building in the game.

I found 3 working power armors and plenty of fusion cores in the 3 hours I've spent on the game. The only good thing to come out of it is that I now want to replay New Vegas.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Isn't there a place where I get re-spec my starting SPECIULZZ stats? I had the option before leaving the vault.. but I don't want the shitty choices I made now, because the game offered me no opportunity to know how shit it was gonna be

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
I tell you: one must still have chaos in oneself, to give birth to a dancing star. I tell you: you have still chaos in yourselves.

Alas! There comes the time when man will no longer give birth to any star. Alas! There comes the time of the most despicable man, who can no longer despise himself.

Lo! I show you the Last Man.

"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" -- so asks the Last Man, and blinks.

The earth has become small, and on it hops the Last Man, who makes everything small. His species is ineradicable as the flea; the Last Man lives longest.

"We have discovered happiness" -- say the Last Men, and they blink.

They have left the regions where it is hard to live; for they need warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him; for one needs warmth.

Turning ill and being distrustful, they consider sinful: they walk warily. He is a fool who still stumbles over stones or men!

A little poison now and then: that makes for pleasant dreams. And much poison at the end for a pleasant death.

One still works, for work is a pastime. But one is careful lest the pastime should hurt one.

One no longer becomes poor or rich; both are too burdensome. Who still wants to rule? Who still wants to obey? Both are too burdensome.

No shepherd, and one herd! Everyone wants the same; everyone is the same: he who feels differently goes voluntarily into the madhouse.

"Formerly all the world was insane," -- say the subtlest of them, and they blink.

They are clever and know all that has happened: so there is no end to their derision. People still quarrel, but are soon reconciled -- otherwise it upsets their stomachs.

They have their little pleasures for the day, and their little pleasures for the night, but they have a regard for health.

"We have discovered happiness," -- say the Last Men, and they blink.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So with all this hate on crafting settlements -- do they actually do anything? Do they give resources to justify time/caps spent on buildings? Are they required for a quest? Anything?

Frozen

Arcane
Do enemies spawn in Bethesda games?
Couple of times I found 1 ghoul and then out of nowhere 10 more emerges.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Aside from the tutorial missions that are over in 5 minutes they are not mandatory. If you do use them they generate caps, crafting material and uncommon items for you.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So with all this hate on crafting settlements -- do they actually do anything? Do they give resources to justify time/caps spent on buildings? Are they required for a quest? Anything?
Surplus water and food is stored in your crafting bench. So if your dump produces 10 water for 5 fags, the other 5 bottles of clean water are placed there. I think it resets on fast travel.
You can also build a scavenging table and assign a settler to it, produces neclectable amounts of random scrap.

I THINK linking your settlements shares also their food/water production, otherwise the prebuild farming settlements wouldn't make much sense. Haven't wasted a perk on it tho. In fact I blew all of my perkpoints on stuff I never use. Curse you semi-auto pistols/black widow/lockpicking!

On a related note: Dogmeat does NOT count as follower for the "Lone Wanderer" perk. Use him and still get bonus. Yay.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Isn't there a place where I get re-spec my starting SPECIULZZ stats? I had the option before leaving the vault.. but I don't want the shitty choices I made now, because the game offered me no opportunity to know how shit it was gonna be

You can use console commands to change them. Just use "player.setav strength 7" (just an example, replace with stat and value of your choice).

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is there an overall conflict going on between factions?

Yes and none of them are the clearly superior choice. The BoS is not the goody two shoes faction as it was in FO3 either.

Surplus water and food is stored in your crafting bench. So if your dump produces 10 water for 5 fags, the other 5 bottles of clean water are placed there. I think it resets on fast travel.
You can also build a scavenging table and assign a settler to it, produces neclectable amounts of random scrap.

I THINK linking your settlements shares also their food/water production, otherwise the prebuild farming settlements wouldn't make much sense. Haven't wasted a perk on it tho. In fact I blew all of my perkpoints on stuff I never use. Curse you semi-auto pistols/black widow/lockpicking!

On a related note: Dogmeat does NOT count as follower for the "Lone Wanderer" perk. Use him and still get bonus. Yay.

Seems like you are the tard here with your complaint about semi automatic weapons. I play it with a controller and have no problem aiming for the head of enemies. A hunting rifle or a beefed up 10mm pistol is all you need. Automatic weapons are crutches and waste too much ammo.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Which key are you using to bring up the console?
I tried all the keys I used in previous games and nada.

Well on German keyboard it's "Ö" which is... the third key to the right of the enter key. Middle letter row. Next to the "L" if that is the same everywhere.

Kazuki

Arcane
Woah, looking the past of the guy who's shoot your wife/husband.

They mention not only NCR, start at 20:15 if you want to see a whole thing.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
comment_qaHagiefIcyyoWaxTnYSjc2KC5SjQ83u.jpg

In case you won't see the link: http://imgur.com/O5ExxvR

So I just killed a raider who was using a set of T-60 armor (isn't this like the most advance non-enclave power armor according to bethesda's lore?)

Holy shit. I thought the entire 'raider with power armor' thing people were talking about was a joke.

:what:

Hey, it's not like Power Armors are particularly that rare in the Boston area. I found my first set before even entering Concord. Took the locket quest from the Abernathy Farm and it pointed me in the direction of USAF Station Olivia. Almost directly to the left of Olivia is a crashed Vertibird and a T-45. Watch out for the insane amount of Mole Rats under the ground in the open field nearby. I honestly thought this was the armor that would tie in to the Concord quest so I took it back to Sanctuary and repaired it. Then left it behind. Nope, armor on the roof. Garvey and I gave the Deathclaw some long-distance dental laser surgery and I took the PA pieces I was missing with me. Leaving the Concord armor on the roof like an abandoned puppy. Also, totally avoided Dogmeat at Red Rocket.

Anyway, painted my now compete T-45 Flame Red because DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA!1! Agility +1

Now what was it several people said back when we first heard about the greasers in-game who collect and tune Power Armors? "Why haven't they started carving out territory for themselves?" Why, that's what the enterprising young man anus_pounder encountered was trying to do. Problem is he A) only had part of a rundown, likely non-repaired suit so his defenses aren't going to be the greatest. B) He's a Bethesda raider, so his Intelligence probably falls somewhere around a common rutabaga.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Yes and none of them are the clearly superior choice. The BoS is not the goody two shoes faction as it was in FO3 either.

Seems like you are the tard here with your complaint about semi automatic weapons. I play it with a controller and have no problem aiming for the head of enemies. A hunting rifle or a beefed up 10mm pistol is all you need. Automatic weapons are crutches and waste too much ammo.
I get the feeling that your "brother" isn't playing as much as you do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom