Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Drax

Arcane
Well on German keyboard it's "Ö" which is... the third key to the right of the enter key. Middle letter row. Next to the "L" if that is the same everywhere.
Weird, I tried that (it's the ñ on my kb), maybe it's disabled on the ini or something...

Stimpaks are a valuable and rare resource in the first few hours of the game,

Eh *waggles hand* only until you realize you can take the meat of Mole Rats, Brahmin, Wild Dogs etc and roast them on the fire. A piece of roasted Brahmin restores like 110 HP. Some of the others restore HP and have additional effects. Even better cooking removes all rads and they're single item recipes.

Zeriel

Arcane
One good thing I will say for this mess of a game: it's made other upcoming games look a lot better. Simple, popamole action games like Deus Ex and Far Cry Primal are going to seem absolutely outstanding after Fallout 4 simply by virtue of not running like shit, allowing FPS over 60, maybe having proper mouse feel, etc.

Reinar

Scholar

First sign the game doesn't want you to have choices:
5M0EhZK.png

Perkel

Arcane
Hearing reports of people with 980 ti's occasionally hitting the 40's at 1080p boggles the mind.

On Ultra. Shadows seems to be really hard on hardware especially on ultra. I have 7970 changed shadows to medium (still looks really good compared to ultra), god rays from ultra to high and i pretty much play locked 50FPS thanks to my native 50hz tv mode on 1080p. If i set everything on ultra it is from 30 to 50 with occasional dips to 20 (that lexington corvega fac.)

Overall i am happy with performance. i play locked 50hz with almost no dips and still look good like ultra.
Ultra shadows probably feature some other bullshit that affect performance like soft shadows or something.

Jackalope

Arcane
I'm trying my best to turn off shadows in this game, hoping it would improve performance, but it seems they are hard-coded. I really don't care about all the shaders and shadows, I just want a game that runs smoothly. So far - no such luck.

Zeriel

Arcane
On Ultra. Shadows seems to be really hard on hardware especially on ultra. I have 7970 changed shadows to medium (still looks really good compared to ultra), god rays from ultra to high and i pretty much play locked 50FPS thanks to my native 50hz tv mode on 1080p. If i set everything on ultra it is from 30 to 50 with occasional dips to 20 (that lexington corvega fac.)

Overall i am happy with performance. i play locked 50hz with almost no dips and still look good like ultra.
Ultra shadows probably feature some other bullshit that affect performance like soft shadows or something.

You're happy with 20 fps? Oh boy.

Zeriel

Arcane
He had dips to 20 fps when he set everything to ultra, now he hasnt.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

My experience has been that whatever your settings certain areas like the Corvega plant (exterior) are going to tank the framerate, even 980 TIs. I'd really like to see someone personally reporting great framerates at areas like Corvega (especially on top of the plant's upper level looking down at the town.)

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
and lets say it like this, if i ever get the idea in my brain to refund this
im gonna take a 50.cal sniper, put it against my head AND PULL THE TRIGGER
cuz this game doesnt deserve to be refunded THIS MASTERPIECE shall not be refunded by my steam account

i thought this was like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, 2 games i hate
but its not
you cant explain the awesomness in words
JUST. BUY. AND. PLAY. IT.
risata.gif

This is why democracy cannot work.

Gord

Arcane
My experience has been that whatever your settings certain areas like the Corvega plant (exterior) are going to tank the framerate, even 980 TIs. I'd really like to see someone personally reporting great framerates at areas like Corvega (especially on top of the plant's upper level looking down at the town.)
In Skyrim stuff like that was usually CPU-limited, not due to the GPU.

Zeriel

Arcane
In Skyrim stuff like that was usually CPU-limited, not due to the GPU.

Yeah, that's what I think too. And it explains why the consoles perform so poorly, they are extremely low clock APUs. But let's be real, a game that looks like this shouldn't need i7 4790k's to run properly. The target platform was consoles.

Gord

Arcane
Agreed, with the console architecture being the way it is, I would have expected Bethesda to put more effort into proper multithreading. It's the only thing the consoles can do reasonably well.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I have no excuse for playing this shit but here we go.

Somebody was complaining about feral ghouls ... wait until you meet this mother fucker.

22549198877_3aafbe64f8_o.jpg

On Survival this is a nightmare without PA: huge health (like 20x normal mirelurk), one hit instant death, her acid is like getting nukes in the face and all of this while she spawns little mirelurk larvaes.

And yes, the game is as shitty as you can imagine: lots of glitches, retarded animation, incoherent story, awful UI and so on. I would say F3:NV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>F3 >>>>F4.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Lol, so dissapointed he's praising the base building feature. I don't even get what the fuck is the point of it all beside being a waste of time.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Can someone explain what's the point of the settlement management?
Like...does it give you some bonus, some consequences in quest design, more resources, stuff like that?

Zeriel

Arcane
Like...does it give you some bonus, some consequences in quest design, more resources, stuff like that?

Vendors, income. Needed for some quests. That's about it.

If you aren't using an infinite ammo weapon, having as many ammo vendors as you want is pretty useful early on.

Wolfe

Arbiter

Caps?! Can't think of anything else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom