Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

a cut of domestic sheep prime

He certainly has most of the negatives down. But to end it with "just wait, mods will fix it!" was pretty lame. The fact is, every feature, from the dialog to the town building minigame is either halfbaked or broken.

You can't sell a new car to someone and say, "Well, it barely runs, but here are some tools and if you or your friends will fix it, it will be great!", and you shouldn't be able to do it with a video game either.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He was an awesome character, but they fucked up by making dog's strength minuscule. There was a huge RP incentive to not give him devour shit but dismembering on your own was just too easy.
Dog's strength was miniscule? I don't know man, I played on very hard with jsawyer.esp and I let him handle a lot of fights for me, because a single spear was a big owie.

Zeronet

Learned
Yeah, I thought it made sense for Elijah to not back down. I have the same feeling on House refusing to allow you to spare the BoS. I know a lot of people complain that it forces them to take an option they don't want to take, but that's kinda the point. House is an extremely egotistical man who believes he's right about everything (whether or not he is is entirely up to the player), and at best he sees you as a number two man, not really his intellectual equal. He's decided that he's right on this and nothing that some courier bumpkin from bumbfuck nowhere is gonna change his mind.

Forces me to kill House, everytime. I'm too much of a Brotherhood of Steel/Steel Plague (best ending!) fanboy.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So, uhm, why are Super Mutants now suddenly running at you and suiciding with mini nukes? Often blowing up all their buddies in the process. Would it not make more sense to stop 20m short of you and toss it? Why would they suicide in the first place? I think Fallout lore has established that they're not rock-dumb and in some cases actually quite intelligent. You don't defend your turf by blowing yourself up.

Fuck, it's stupid.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Those voices... When did cheesy sports talk radio hosts decide to start playing video games on youtube?

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I guess the Pompeii thing has its appeal.

If that is what they wanted to do, then they did it pretty bad as well. Pompeii's appeal (and importance) is not in the fact that there are roman corpses in different position. The importance of Pompeii lies in the fact that we know most of the roman's habits, the way they lived, the common life in that society because those ruines are still there. They could have added some themes about the differences between the pre-war society and the post apocalyptic ones, dialogues with the NPC of the "new" world, loot about the pre-war society with some relevance in the story, or maybe use the pre-war knowledge to enhance the settlements....but no, that was too much for them, apparently.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

Been doing nothing but binging on adderall and rollin in Fallout 4 for the past 36 hours. Game is INCREDIBLE

Alfons

Prophet
It's obvious he was practicing his speech, his wife even mentions it. The war never changes bit is the ending of the speech which he voices during the opening movie.
I see, so the beginning of the game is a dude practicing in front of a mirror. It is an 80's sitcom.

Gerrard

Arcane
Fallout for us is a guy in power armor running around shooting things with a portable nuke launcher.

Sykar

Arcane

Spock-Derp.jpg

Jozoz

Prophet
So, uhm, why are Super Mutants now suddenly running at you and suiciding with mini nukes? Often blowing up all their buddies in the process. Would it not make more sense to stop 20m short of you and toss it? Why would they suicide in the first place? I think Fallout lore has established that they're not rock-dumb and in some cases actually quite intelligent. You don't defend your turf by blowing yourself up.

Fuck, it's stupid.

Yes it fits very poorly with the Super Mutant mentality.

The fact that some of them have suicide bombs hint to the fact that they're organized somehow. Otherwise what would they gain from suicide if not giving their life for whatever organization they're part of.

Small terrorist groups do suicide bombs exactly because they're small and it's how they can get the biggest impact, but the Super Mutant mentality doesn't fit with this. They think themselves better/stronger and just in general superior to humans.

It's not thought out at all. They just thought it would be cool, so they went with it.

Ivan

Arcane
that they implemented town crafting and a weapon mod system that encourages scrounging for every little item is disgusting.

if modern Fallouts are going to be FP then I'd want it to mirror STALKER with tight gunplay and, most importantly, a feeling of despair highlighting the scavenging.

should Obsidian take the reins next time, they best do away with this shit

Quatlo

Arcane
I've decided to finish this piece of shit with cheats and noclip to burst through main quest in ~hour.

ITS SO FUCKING BAD
BOS murdering dozens of top notch scientists and then exploding a base full of cutting edge tech and means to produce them because MUH FEELINGS DAT BE WRONG SISTA

This game is fucking -5/5

Also guys, don't collect all the junk for crafting.
Just use the godmode - TGM in console, and enjoy your 999 of every material needed.

Beastro

Arcane
Dog's strength was miniscule? I don't know man, I played on very hard with jsawyer.esp and I let him handle a lot of fights for me, because a single spear was a big owie.

A spear to the face would CTD my game and he one shotted everything so I left combat to him.

toroid

Arcane
It's only been out a couple days and even making fun of Fallout 4 is getting boring. Truly a testament to how much of a soggy flop this is. We need some microtransactions to liven this shit up.

Alfons

Prophet
if modern Fallouts are going to be FP then I'd want it to mirror STALKER with tight gunplay and, most importantly, a feeling of despair highlighting the scavenging.
Stalker Only has despair up to the point you realize how easy it is to grab shit artifacts and sell them for huge profits and then buy the best armor in the game. That's how Pripyat handles it at least.

Found some Jet laid out on a platter in an old folks home, next to the skeleton of some bed-ridden woman.

Myron was a time traveler. :hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom