Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah that is another thing about bethesda, they dont know how to put little references in their so called games. For example if you remember there was a nice little reference to Blade Runner in F1 (the same pistol Deckard used in the film). Now that was nice and witty. And bethesda are like ohhhhh there is an old film about synthetics so lets create a whole god damn location dedicated to it otherwise our dumb ass retarted fans will not get this reference.

There was something Tim Cain mentioned in his Fallout post mortem presentation, where he told how the rule of thumb was "if there is going to be a reference, people who don't get that reference shouldn't be able to tell there is a reference".

1996 vs 2015. Another demonstration of how the principles of good game design are irrelevant of the year it is or the technology you use.

Gathering

Educated
You want to know, what's the real kicker is ?

There's mission, that you are going kill a traitor among BOS.

The traitor is
Paladin Danse, he was a fucking Snyth :lol:
Wow, i don't really see that coming :roll:

You can choose to kill or to spare the traitor, so he became your companion.

I just read up on that quest and I would say its pretty good compared to the rest of the game, I mean it gives you choice, something most of the game is devoid of. Plus that fact he is a synth almost makes up for his behavior which does not follow the BoS code. Only problem is every person in the Brotherhood acts like him. It goes all the way up to the elder. They all want to help the wasteland. Bethesda should just ditch the BoS and put in who they really want, the American Military faction. Call'em the patriots and give them red, white, and blue power armor and make'em yell oorah.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I managed to squeeze around two hours into the game on a pals PS4. Sweet jesus how boring this game is. Empty and meaningless trodding around empty and meaningless locales -- as expected from a Bethesda game, but it's baffling that they are somehow completely incapable of freshening up their schtick. It is quite literally the same game they've been reiterating for the past 10 years.

Yes yes that is all true but there's one strong counter argument to that.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Old pictures need restorations, otherwise they will be long forgotten
YzXC9ZQ.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
Don't worry about sales figures in this case. Many people in this very thread (self included) bought the game on release day because we expected standard Bethesda fare, and it's safe to assume that a lot of people did the same. People expected Fallout 3 or Skyrim and instead they got this weird gutted boredom-inducer with no fun involved. It's reception that matters this time rather than sales.

Hmm, and after I mentioned how peaceful my first three settlements were.

paqLBhN.png

Five ferals in all, by this point only two were left. One fighting a settler behind the fence and the other running to help while getting his ass shot up. After they were all dead I received a Quest Complete: Defend the Homestead or something. Eh? But you never mentioned that to me in the first place! I just happened to be running by and heard gunshots. This is actually a common problem others are experiencing. They'll be going about their business and *bam* Quest Failed: Defend the Homestead. They go to the settlement mentioned and find out there was a raid that succeeded and now their defenses are toast and their settlers dead. Usually some other type of damage too.

You want to warn us so we have a chance to assist, 'kay. Or do you want it to be a reactive environment thing, not spelled out but with lessons to be learned after a couple settlements are put to the torch? Alright. I'd even support the latter. Put up defenses or lose a lot of your work. But don't try to do it half and half and act like we should've known it was happening.

Kazuki

Arcane
I just read up on that quest and I would say its pretty good compared to the rest of the game, I mean it gives you choice, something most of the game is devoid of. Plus that fact he is a synth almost makes up for his behavior which does not follow the BoS code. Only problem is every person in the Brotherhood acts like him. It goes all the way up to the elder. They all want to help the wasteland. Bethesda should just ditch the BoS and put in who they really want, the American Military faction. Call'em the patriots and give them red, white, and blue power armor and make'em yell oorah.

This, why the fuck they need BOS to do that. Hell, why they even need Fallout Franchise to make a game about Power Armor, Mutant, Guns, and Dog Fetish?

Sometimes i bewildered at the fact, they costing a money to buy a franchise when they can create franchise of their own Oblivion with Guns :negative:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah, lets finish them all!
21l4o.jpg
Poor Saint_Proverbius. This is what happens when you are too lazy to obtain a "press copy" for review purposes.

Not that I am encouraging anyone to not remove it from an inventory. Preparing to use the "uninstall" mod myself.

I'm telling you, don't be tempteted into thinking that the base building is really fun. All of the features in this game feel broken in some way and the consolized interface is worse than any previous Bethesda game. Somehow Bethesda found a way to make virtually everything dumber, from the AI to the inventory management to the skills to the plot. It's like the lead designer just said "imma take a break. I'll let my 9 yo take over".

Codexers who paid sixty dollars for fallout 4 are fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickfaces that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerates they are.
Under my futurist Nietzschean regime, we're going to find a list of all of the people who preordered Fallout 4 and then send them off to the summer camps.

Quatlo

Arcane
I wouldn't put the bos above asking for help if they're getting their shit pushed in, they aren't suicidal fanatics (and dying means some wastelander will loot the tech off your corpse, for added insult).

Just dropping by to say that there is a quest where you look for missing BOS scouting party, and pretty much they commited group suicide-explosion to scuttle their power armour.
Lore rape up to the 11.

pippin

Raiders would eventually manage to kill and loot power armor and BOS weaponry. In fact, I wonder why they waited so long to feature stuff like re-appropiated Power armor, when you had stuff like this:

Tribal.jpg

GloomFrost

Arcane
Raiders would eventually manage to kill and loot power armor and BOS weaponry. In fact, I wonder why they waited so long to feature stuff like re-appropiated Power armor, when you had stuff like this:

Tribal.jpg
Because F1 and 2 were made by talented, hard working people who wanted to make good games and F3 and 4 were made.... well by bethesda. What did that fuck wit todd once said? "RPG is when a knight on a horse kills everything around him" or something. There is your answer.

Jozoz

Prophet
I'm still getting extreme framerate drops and I turned off the godrays or whatever.

What more do I need to turn off?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom