Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Jezal_k23

Anyone else betting the DLCs are almost gonna end up looking like The Sims expansions?

BUILD INCREDIBLE NEW STUFF WITH THE LATEST FALLOUT 4 DLC!

ALSO INTRODUCES THE INCREDIBLE, AMAZING LEGENDARY SETTLER THAT WILL BOOST YOUR SETTLEMENT'S INCOME! UNLOCK HIS LEGENDARY STORE AND DISCOVER HIS LEGEND THROUGH AN EPIC 1-HOUR LONG QUEST FILLED WITH ADVENTURE AND INTRIGUE!

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Okay i found it at NMA, apparently Dog not only essential but plot critical as well.

Walpknut said:
The dog is a plot critical character and the way he is crowbarred in is beyond retarded.

After completing the quest to rescue the Synth detective and the button magically coming into existence, we start "investigating the room" which is just my character naming things off the table without me prompting him to. After a few seconds Valentine starts talking to me, he says if I have any ideas. I see the option "Use Dogmeat" which is very very strange because I dismissed the dog before anyone even told me his name, I ditched the dumb mutt inmediately. So I don't pick it because I don't even know where the Dog even is. Then Valentine himself tells me to use Dogmeat. No idea how the fuck Valentine even knows who that is, he ahs never seen him...

Okay the quest marker then turns into "Use dogmeat to follow Kellog's trail", I think to myself "okay at least the quest marker is gonna tell me where the flea bag is". I get out of Kellog's House and now Dogmeat is just there, he teleported into Diamond City somehow. Then the quest forces me to basically waste time following dogmeat to a bunch of useless places until he arrives to a building near the place I found him in the first place.

It's so stupid....

Damn, what's up with this dog fetish Bethesda :lol:

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Dogmeat has been part of beloved Fallout lore since the very first Fallout. Never been plot critical though as far as I know.

True, i know about that.

But still. I don't use dog at all in my previous walkthrough in Fallout, so i hate it when they force you to use a dog if you want to progress in main quest.

pippin

Anyone else betting the DLCs are almost gonna end up looking like The Sims expansions?

BUILD INCREDIBLE NEW STUFF WITH THE LATEST FALLOUT 4 DLC!

ALSO INTRODUCES THE INCREDIBLE, AMAZING LEGENDARY SETTLER THAT WILL BOOST YOUR SETTLEMENT'S INCOME! UNLOCK HIS LEGENDARY STORE AND DISCOVER HIS LEGEND THROUGH AN EPIC 1-HOUR LONG QUEST FILLED WITH ADVENTURE AND INTRIGUE!

That's why they introduced paid mods :smug:
However it could be hilarious if none of the dcs includes any kind of base management at all.

Jozoz

Prophet
When I read the text: "LEGENDARY ENEMY HAS MUTATED" I knew for a fact I wasn't playing a Fallout game.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Okay found more thing

2015-11-12_00016_zpszlm0guzs.jpg

2015-11-12_00014_zpsbrcka9ph.jpg

A hint of future DLC ?

pippin

The return of the Megaton cult(tm)!
Please don't let this mean they will fuck up Lonesome Road, please :negative:

Lemming42

Arcane
Okay found more thing

2015-11-12_00016_zpszlm0guzs.jpg

A hint of future DLC ?

That's just an area you visit as part of the main quest. It's that bomb cult from Megaton in Fallout 3, and they're inexplicably not affected by fatal radiation for reasons the game doesn't bother to explain (or maybe I just missed the explanation).

Shammy

Learned
A hint of future DLC ?
Apparently the Great Divide is some prophecy the Children of Atom believe in, where they'll get nuked and only the true believers will be saved or some shit. I really didn't care enough to remember all of it, but I don't think it's a big enough thing for DLC. We may just get Zeta 2.0 instead. :(

And I also never saw an explanation for their radiation immunity outside of 'Atom gave us this gift for our devotion'. Which is also a shitty plot device, but hey who needs explanations when you've got magic?

Zeriel

Arcane
Apparently the Great Divide is some prophecy the Children of Atom believe in, where they'll get nuked and only the true believers will be saved or some shit. I really didn't care enough to remember all of it, but I don't think it's a big enough thing for DLC. We may just get Zeta 2.0 instead. :(

And I also never saw an explanation for their radiation immunity outside of 'Atom gave us this gift for our devotion'. Which is also a shitty plot device, but hey who needs explanations when you've got magic?

Yeah, to be fair, in a world where there is a RADIATION GUN that shoots visible radiation that instantly kills and ragdolls people, that plot device wouldn't even warrant a blink.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway, the game is shit but is there any prospect of Obsidian getting to make a new game using the same engine? Really hope New Vegas wasn't a one time thing. But Bethesda are probably still salty about NV being considered better than Fallout 3, so probably not.

NV is not generally considered better than Fallout 3 (and rightfully so). The bigger issue would be that Bethesda is really fucking sensitive and Sawyer stepped on their toes a couple of times.

pippin

Fallout 4 received 3 nominations for Dorito Pope's awards show.
In comparison, CDPR received 7.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom