Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout General Thread

Just Locus

Educated
It sounds totally unviable, are you dealing decent damage at higher levels? Melee in general is really terrible in 3/NV, the only hope is to use VATS to teleport around the battlefield. NV also has "fatigue damage" which turns out to be less than useless.
I was doing passable damage on higher levels, but there were moments when I had to invest all of my skill points into small/big guns because unarmed was not doing the trick and If you're not in a one-on-one encounter (which is often the case) you're good as dead.

Unarmed was at least viable in NV (it was a build I did in one of my first playthroughs) especially when there were actual special attacks In and outside of VATS like the stomp, uppercut, and cross moves, and the ones outside of VATS like the ranger takedown and Kahn trick, etc.

They could've been better but at least they added variety to the experience and made it more fun.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
On that point, fallout really needs secondary skill balancing. I picked repair as my third specialization (other 2 are small and big guns) and holy hell it is useless as fuck. Yea, one repair check so far at vault city with the broken vent and 100 exp wow I can’t open shit without lock-picking which cock blocks a profitable quest and lockpick kits don’t work on electronic doors:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Jester

Cipher
How can I play Fallout 2 in 800 x 600 resolution without the game stretching itself? I want to have black bars on the sides of the screen.

The Jester

Cipher
How can I play Fallout 2 in 800 x 600 resolution without the game stretching itself? I want to have black bars on the sides of the screen.
High res patch mod.
It is also included in the Restoration Patch Project.
Nevermind it was my nvidia setting.
NvidiaControlPanel.png

Saldrone

Novice
The last time i was finishing Fallout 2 i didn't have the option to turn the turrets on against Horrigan unless i had 100% Sicence (I had the presidential key and for some reason it didn't work)
If this a glitch? i had the Unofficial Patch and i don't want it to happen again.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The last time i was finishing Fallout 2 i didn't have the option to turn the turrets on against Horrigan unless i had 100% Sicence (I had the presidential key and for some reason it didn't work)
If this a glitch? i had the Unofficial Patch and i don't want it to happen again.

Gamefaqs says
You can reach the Access Key options no matter your Science skill, as long as you have the Intelligence to use the computer. If you don't get the option to log on (Science 100% or LK 8), just choose "Help", "Yes" and "Back to log on" and you'll have the option to log on using the Presidential Access Key

Jigby

Augur
You need either Science 100+, or Luck 8+. That's also vanilla behavior. In vanilla, you could bypass those checks by entering the "help" menu on the turret terminal and returning back to the main menu, but this time without any checks. Killap's Restoriation/RPU etc. changed it so that the checks are retained.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You need something like 150+ Science to hack the turrets, I believe.
Just grind some levels before heading for the Oil Rig, focus on the turrets first, THEN kill Horrigan.
It's what I do.
You should have 12 Action Points by then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom