Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year contender 2021

Codex Year of the Donut
I let my 10 year old play this game and play new Pathfinder game. She decided to continue playing Pathfinder :D
you let your kid play h-games?
that's kinda creepy tbh

it's kinda creepy how you act like the game has any serious sexual content
you mean like a succubus made out of feces that tries to seduce you?

to me, it sounds like you let her, what kind of degenerate are you?
Sorry, I'm not german.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I let my 10 year old play this game and play new Pathfinder game. She decided to continue playing Pathfinder :D
that's kinda creepy tbh

it's kinda creepy how you act like the game has any serious sexual content
you mean like a succubus made out of feces that tries to seduce you?

to me, it sounds like you let her, what kind of degenerate are you?
Sorry, I'm not german.

Clearly, we don't count attempts at seduction as intercourse, it's not even first base

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Codex Year of the Donut

ArchAngel

Arcane
that's kinda creepy tbh
When she got to part where Anevia and Irabeth embrace and call each other wife she whispered to me: "Mom would not want me to play this game."
a woman referring to her husband as wife is pretty weird tbh
I didn't tell her about that part. I didn't feel like explaining it in details. She gets bored by complex games sooner than later, I doubt she will reach part of the game where that is revealed.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I say Jupiter Hell for now (if RLs count) but i played almost no rpgs the past year. Atom sequel/whatever it is looks good but i did't try it yet. I hope most for KOTC 2 this year.

Pathfinder 2 - The Children Edition will win tough.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Pathfinder 2 winning? Wouldn't be the first time I haven't played a codex RPGOTY.

(After Pathfinder 1, I'm waiting at least a year from release until I play another Owlcat game)

It's already great, you can play it

Some bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Looks nice, is it fun to play?
Wildermyth attempted to be innovative with procedurally-generated story-telling, and the player spends much of the time in combat which is turn-based and party-based. However, the combat is too simplistic to be satisfying, and the story-telling doesn't work quite as well as the designers hoped. Still, if you find the aesthetics charming, you might as well as give it a try, as it can be an entertaining experience for at least three of the multi-chapter campaigns, which each have an overarching scripted plot-line overlaid on the proecedural events.

Mobygames screenshots of combat:
670539-wildermyth-screenshot.jpg
670538-wildermyth-screenshot.jpg

670535-wildermyth-screenshot.jpg
670534-wildermyth-screenshot.jpg

Story-telling events from my playthrough of the second (Morthagi) campaign:

wvwoyPG.jpg

27xt7N2.jpg

eNLQOWr.jpg

I2onajA.jpg

AoL2k1w.jpg

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wildermyth attempted to be innovative with procedurally-generated story-telling, and the player spends much of the time in combat which is turn-based and party-based. However, the combat is too simplistic to be satisfying, and the story-telling doesn't work quite as well as the designers hoped. Still, if you find the aesthetics charming, you might as well as give it a try, as it can be an entertaining experience for at least three of the multi-chapter campaign, which each have an overarching scripted plot-line overlaid on the proecedural events.

Cheers, that was informative. To me it looks like garbage, easy pass on this one. I guess from about 8 onwards I would have found the art lame, I grew out of childish stuff by that age.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The best RPG I've played so far this year is probably Bravely Default II so I'd place my bets on SMTV.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
PC games only for any polls, though.
PC version for SMTV was in the Geforce leaks. Fingers crossed. Otherwise Bravely Default 2 is coming to PC so I'd probably be forced to vote for that. There's also Rogue Lords and Astria Ascending coming out tomorrow. Maybe one of those will turn out to be amazing but I doubt it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bravröy Default 2 is already out on PC. Astria Ascending started as a mobile game. No big hopes there.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I highly doubt that SMTV will come out this year for PC. The game was hyped as a Switch exclusive for years, I doubt that Nintendo secured less than 3 months of exclusivity.

res11

Novice
you just exhaust all options in the dialog tree, and that's it, pretty much
Some dialogue options that you can choose end up as negative modifiers for certain dialogue checks, thus decreasing your dice roll odds.

res11

Novice
you just exhaust all options in the dialog tree, and that's it, pretty much
Some dialogue options that you can choose end up as negative modifiers for certain dialogue checks, thus decreasing your dice roll odds.

I know, hence I said it has some lite RPG elements.
But in that point specifically you were implying that it makes no difference if you just choose all dialogue options, when in fact choosing certain options give you better odds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom