Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Now here is idea - is this possible to make assault rifles firing random bursts, with larger chance for longer bursts (plus large kick when fired) when you got Training level or lower?

Well, yes. But we've already got random accuracy and recoil, not sure we need random bursts too. The new Assault Gun may or may not be single shot too.

"with high enough hacking you can gather more credits"

Vanilla.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Now here is idea - is this possible to make assault rifles firing random bursts, with larger chance for longer bursts (plus large kick when fired) when you got Training level or lower?
Well, yes. But we've already got random accuracy and recoil, not sure we need random bursts too. The new Assault Gun may or may not be single shot too.
"with high enough hacking you can gather more credits"
Vanilla.

That idea come with ammo shortage. I don't mind it as long as there is more control with shooting them. Firing assault rifle was a bit annoying with ~7 bullets bursts.

Did not known that was vanilla feature (ATM hacking), never cared about credits in the game.

Arch-Vile

Learned
Any Spanish fans in here? Arch-Vile?

There's a Spanish translation now that could also use testing.

Do you know if it has anything to do with a previous translation for vanilla Deus Ex hosted by ClanDLAN? If so, I remember it being kinda crappy, but maybe they have updated it since I used it for the first time.

Ash

Arcane
Finally, the time has come. Not for release, not that the average 'tard gives a shit about insurmountable incline, but for Deus Ex's animated pickups to be fully animated. Here's a sneak peak:

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Just the floating flare? Pretty much every pickup was floating aside from multitools/lockpicks and weapons. The intent is to sort them all. Long been a dream of mine that I couldn't achieve due to no modeller/animator...until now.

Latelistener

Arcane
I assume you won't be able to spam it anymore, or it will break the animation? I did that sometimes, when I got bored. :shittydog:

DavetheGrave

Literate
Finally, the time has come. Not for release, not that the average 'tard gives a shit about insurmountable incline, but for Deus Ex's animated pickups to be fully animated. Here's a sneak peak:

Are these new animations for objects optional at all? I think it's kinda an unnecessary feature for the game tbh.

Ash

Arcane
Are these new animations for objects optional at all? I think it's kinda an unnecessary feature for the game tbh.

Yes. And if the option is toggled you'll also have inanimate floating guns, nanokey and lockpicks too, because unnecessary.
I'm just fucking with you, they won't be optional, because aside from speed of use there would be absolutely no benefit to doing so. The combat speed aug will likely increase usage and draw speed though, as it does with all other objects.

Ash

Arcane
Apologies to those of you anticipating release, but more time is needed. There's a famous quote oft repeated that goes:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.
-Shigeru Miyamoto

And it bears repeating again. Be patient loyal fans, for now more polishing and more essential last-minute feature creep is needed; more time to accomplish true greatness five years in the making.
If you absolutely must play now, you can sign up as a tester for the GMDX v9.0 beta by sending an email to GMDXv8.0@gmail.com

Until then, the intended pushed-back release date is July 1st. Only another month.

Take a look at what has been going on that warrants another delay:

FULLY ANIMATED PICKUPS

Just watch the (twenty second long) video and all will be clear.

Alcohol, Biocells, fire extinguishers, sodacan, you name it. Floating pickups be gone!

NEW WEAPONRY

In addition to the above, we've new weaponry in the works. If you have been following may have noticed a new sawed off, stealth pistol and more. Check out the next WIP:

assault_gun.png

Community

A community has formed behind GMDX, raising it to new heights and levels of polish. A variety of diversely talented members have been assisting with textures, remainder conversation bugfixes, modelling, various translations to other languages and a sharp eye for criticism, ensuring the final release is as polished as can be. If you would like to join the community, sign up for beta testing by sending an email to GMDXv8.0@gmail.com

Here's a look at a new and improved hi-resolution Hong Kong sign texture, with Chinese translations by a native, and then worked by one of our talented texture artists:

hksign.png

An example of accurate hi-resolution updates Deus Ex's Hong Kong signs.

New community translations for GMDX are also in and in need of testing. If you're Spanish, French, Russian or German, please sign up for the beta. I need assurance that acceptable quality has been achieved.

If you're a programmer experienced with NSIS, please also send an email to (address provided above). The installer is functional but some more tweaks are needed to meet the desired level of user-friendliness.

Understand that great advancements are being made here. Much of everything is being updated in a faithful manner; it's a logical progression of Deus Ex's fantastic design.
Remember when you played Deus Ex back in the day and it along with contemporaries of the time set the standard for what you expected from the future of gaming...and consider what the future of gaming actually turned out to be. This is in honour of old standards using the great Deus Ex itself as the catalyst.

-Totalitarian

Ash

Arcane
Here's a selection of the more cool and impactful new gameplay-centric features added over the course of beta testing, since most recent stuff has been visual in nature:

-You can now move (very slowly) while leaning. Corpses and small items on the floor do not block leaning either.
-New semi-elaborate AI post-combat searching sub-state: Enemies will search the area more elaborately, open nearby doors, check hide points, and potentially raise the alarm. Some may also stay behind and wander the area when everyone has cleared off.
-Cloak-using NPCs sometimes turn it on when seeking, if they think they saw you.
-Mantling is now On Hold input (hold key down to mantle, like in System shock and Thief).
-JC no longer puts away his weapon in conversation when shit hits the fan or when talking to potentially threatening NPCs.
-AI will sometimes draw and point their gun during visual reactions.
-Plenty general AI polishing and refinement.

Nice slice of incline.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever
-Tyrax lightning

Really liking sound of enemies acting smarter post combat and when searching.

Ash

Arcane
Really liking sound of enemies acting smarter post combat and when searching.

It's good stuff. During testing I cloaked and then stood there watching an NSF search both the mens and women's toilets looking for me.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
why aren't the soda cans destroyed when struck w/the crowbar?
Have you ever tried actually destroying a can? They deform easily (which is hard to do in the engine I figure), but really destroying them is much harder than breaking a crate to get the contents.
Sturdy little fuckers.

agris

Arcane
Patron
why aren't the soda cans destroyed when struck w/the crowbar?
Have you ever tried actually destroying a can? They deform easily (which is hard to do in the engine I figure), but really destroying them is much harder than breaking a crate to get the contents.
Sturdy little fuckers.
someone didn't pay attention to the ductile vs brittle distinction. soft ~= easy to 'break'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom