Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
It's alright. GMDX inadvertently competed with Underrail last release. Plenty still found time for both. Not like we're spoilt for golden era-tier incline these days.

Ash

Arcane
giphy.webp

---

Arcane
My body is ready :troll:

PS: how much GBs?
Sorry, my internet connection is prehistoric :negative:

Ash

Arcane
"PS: how much GBs?"

Two.

There will maybe be a release soon that excludes New Vision, which will drop the size down to one gb.

Ash

Arcane
Remember guys, trailer has to be flashy and actiony. In reality a significant portion of GMDX is in polishing and refining the fuck out of everything on a deeper level.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Fuck it, why not...slamming that donate button Ash.

Thanks a lot for the work you have put into this man, it's leagues better than any "remastered edition" we could have hoped for.

:salute:

(P.S: Sorry I piked on your Beta test. Work got a little hectic)

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Nice...gonna try to play this tomorrow. But...why are downloads from ModDB so slow?

Ash

Arcane
There will be an alternate link available on the official website shortly.

Also that hotfix above can safely be ignored now, for newcomers downloading the mod.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Size of deus ex on steam: 700mb
Size of gmdx installer: 2GB

3 TIMES THE GOODNESS OF ORIGINAL GAME, proof found by math!

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, need that stamp. There's still a lot of people that don't quite realise what has been achieved with GMDX. This is far from your average mod...fitting for Deus Ex, being far from your average game.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
There's still a lot of people that don't quite realise what has been achieved with GMDX.
It won't take long, give it some time. Deus Ex fans will start crawling out of the walls soon enough :lol:

Sooner if TB does a "WTF is GMDX?". He was, going to do a Revision video, but yeah guess it soured him.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Btw, I don't think he got very far with Revision, he complained about the performance being sluggish on his rig - which is hilarious.
IIRC UE1 is having trouble when there are too many characters on screen or something. I do remember experiencing performance issues during very hot battles on big maps in the vanilla DX, TNM and Project 2027.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
IIRC UE1 is having trouble when there are too many characters on screen or something.
Yeah I thought so. I just remember him saying on a podcast it "wouldn't get above 60fps" - which is a steep expectation to have of such an old engine. But he blamed the Revision mod anyway lol.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yo Ash, after I install and try to run via steam(I copied the target from the installer provided shortcut) my setup looks like this:
yF3VE1B.png

I'm fairly sure this isn't correct, and I'm supposed to enable all of it, but GOTY_1 looks weird to me. Did my install bork or something?

Ash

Arcane
Jaedar "Did my install bork or something?"

Yeah looks that way. That data directories setup is all wrong. Alternatively, you just may not be launching from one of the three Play_GMDX shortcuts. Note it's new shortcuts, don't try to launch from the old v8.0 shortcut either.

Also if anyone has persistent technical issues or would just like to get more involved with the GMDX/Deus Ex community, the GMDX discord is now open to all: https://discord.gg/RArSVSu

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom