Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Neuromancer

Augur
GOG fucked up (again):

Everyone, who had Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy in their library, got the Remaster for free. So far so good.

What was not good, was, that all these people got an "Order Confirmed" E-Mail in the usual format, thanking them for their purchase of Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered and having paid 10.35$.
Their forum is full of people who were scared, that their account got hacked and real payment had been made. But it seems just to have been a glitch in GOG's accounting system.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
GOG fucked up (again):

Everyone, who had Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy in their library, got the Remaster for free. So far so good.

What was not good, was, that all these people got an "Order Confirmed" E-Mail in the usual format, thanking them for their purchase of Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered and having paid 10.35$.
Their forum is full of people who were scared, that their account got hacked and real payment had been made. But it seems just to have been a glitch in GOG's accounting system.
GOG seems to fuck up pretty regularly lately it seems.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
GOG fucked up (again):

Yeah, I was wondering what was up with that. I'd get a notification if anything was purchased using my card so I didn't freak out at least.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
GOG fucked up (again):

I got the email too a few hours ago while at work and was afraid about hacking too, but I checked my bank account and didn't see any charges and thought gog might have fucked up somehow. Now that I got back and checked their forums I saw that indeed they fucked up

Lucumo

Educated
GOG fucked up (again):

GOG seems to fuck up pretty regularly lately it seems.
"Lately"?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regarding Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Purchase Confirmation Mail

We would like to inform you that all users that previously purchased the original version of Fahrenheit, such as yourself, received the newly released Remastered version for free on its launch. However, due to a technical issue, you were sent an order completion email which would mistakenly indicate that you purchased the Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered instead of receiving a free copy.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this error, and at the same time want to reassure you that no money was taken from your account nor was the account affected in any way – the order was a gift and the game was added to your GOG library free of charge.

While we are currently working on a fix, the Remastered version of the game may disappear from your library for a couple of hours, but we guarantee it will reappear once we resolve it.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the confusion. If you have any questions, be sure to reach out to our Support Team.

negator2vc

Scholar
be sure to reach out to our Support Team ... in 2-4 months (they forgot to add that part! ;))
This was usually the time I had to wait for them to respond to my support tickets (mostly about broken linux installers)

Lucumo

Educated
"Lately"?
Yes, lately!
All these problems started appearing in recent years.
GOG was more or less problem free before
Not 100% problem free but not as it is these days!
So...for you "lately" means "recent years"? How many years does that encompass exactly? Because GOG certainly had issues for several years, with the mess that was the redesign probably being the most visible...and that was in 2018, so five years ago.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Though knowing how incompetent GOG and CDPR are, this could also just be a fuckup on their part.
This was my first thought when I read about this. CDP has been on a roll of incompetence for quite a while.

Edit: found someone that compiled a short list:

image.png

Gotta say, it's true that it all got resolved one way or the other. I believe the same will happen with Cyberpunk, but it doesn't make them any less incompetent.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This was my first thought when I read about this. CDP has been on a roll of incompetence for quite a while.

Considering the base game works, the DLC outright crashes and there are even offline installers for the DLC i'm 100% sure it is a bug and not GOG adding DRM.

Most people may not know this but the GOG and CDPR teams are very isolated and many people in the CDPR side do not even use GOG for their own gaming.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They will mess up DRM stuff on purpose. Do it a few times. The say fuck it, it's easier to just have DRM on everything. Problem solved. Pretend it was unintentional.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Anyone know if Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
is censored in any way for "modern audience"?

I read the release post but let's say I don't exactly trust GOG these days :(
And I don't want to pay for the remastered just to get the original as a "gift"
if I end up playing the original game.
Dunno, but my Simon says skills aren’t terribly great since I never cared for the game as a kid. If I play the game… my life might automatically integrate SIMON SAYS into it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom