Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - GTA 3 trilogy remaster

Dexter

Arcane
fYbJTca.jpg

W0R5rhF.jpg

bjF3EsV.png
wEGnsM9.jpg
lXTTcdv.png

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
I'm constantly surprised how many low tier studios get given the chance to work on famous IP, wear their inexperience on their sleeve, completely fuck it up and then a few years later, the same thing happens again. And nobody learns from the process.

The Silent Hill Comic Sans & fog fiasco (compounded by the original final build source code going missing, as per japanese tradition), the GTA "Top Bun" assets farmed out to some foreign studio shown above, the fucking laughable screen overlay rain effects shown above, just seems like nobody involved gives a flying fuck about any of the IP beyond trying to make a quick cash in. How the heck do the people involved in making this shit get & retain their jobs?

Oh right, clearly the studio wasn't diverse enough to handle a project of this magnitude.

Why is there a checkerboard (missing?) texture on the tail of the jet ffs... There's tiny indie studios/one man outfits that wouldn't dream of putting out that rain effect on their no-name IP. The mind boggles, this is beyond amateur hour. Icing on the cake is that they took down those fan-reimplementations of the games for this...

Riskbreaker

I'm constantly surprised how many low tier studios get given the chance to work on famous IP, wear their inexperience on their sleeve, completely fuck it up and then a few years later, the same thing happens again. And nobody learns from the process.
^Mind you, this is even worse than them simply staying afloat and getting hired by different publishers, these are the exact same guys that were responsible for every fucking sub-par GTA port during the last 10 years. They are Take-Two/RS's go-to guys for the job.
So they were perfectly aware of their capabilities. And yet Take-Two/RS had them develop this, in such a short time. The fucks wanted the cheapest, quickest remaster that could still qualify as one.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
^Mind you, this is even worse than them simply staying afloat and getting hired by different publishers, these are the exact same guys that were responsible for every fucking sub-par GTA port during the last 10 years. They are Take-Two/RS's go-to guys for the job.
So they were perfectly aware of their capabilities. And yet Take-Two/RS had them develop this, in such a short time. The fucks wanted the cheapest, quickest remaster that could still qualify as one.

Considering Rockstart/T2 would still make gobs of money from their drones, er I mean "fans" even with downright shoddy port, can you blame them? Seems like they know their audience very well lmao.

Lizard

Learned

It is almost like a right of passage for mobile/support studios at this point.

The sad thing is that some of the support/outsource studios seem to have the talent to do good work, they just keep getting paired with shit leadership. Lemon Sky studio from Malaysia did art for Starcraft Remastered, C&C Remastered, as well as Diablo 2 Remaster, and WC3 Refunded. Danger hairs and male feminists don't have the balls to push back against upper management making unreasonable demands they know they can't meet, or to fight for a proper budget.

I wonder what the next disaster is in this unending parade of shit.

Ash

Arcane
GTAV is the second highest selling game of all time. It's a thoroughly mediocre game. People largely have SHIT taste. Even the superior older GTAs (this trilogy) aren't best of all time material. The only reason this release won't be a sales record-breaker is because they fucked up the graphics whoring, something that is usually all that is needed to sell well among all the low standards, low-T, unintelligent, cuck bitch gamers.

Ravielsk

Magister
Considering the quality of this shit why even bother making it? Why not just repack the three games as a complete package, maybe attach dll wrapper to improve compatibility on modern systems and sell that? It would be both less effort and higher quality product in one.

Ash

Arcane
^They'd rightly get called out for that too. Lazy rereleases just to bring attention to and resell existing games once again at a higher price tag.

Greek Anime God

Scholar
Is there a mod that adds all the PS2 exclusive material, such as the water effects, back into Vice City? All this talk about the PS2 trilogy has made me want to replay it.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
San Andreas has frame rate issues. A game from 2004 running on modern hardware has frame rate issues.
How!?

Meanwhile Saints Row 2 runs too fast

mkultra

Augur
San Andreas has frame rate issues. A game from 2004 running on modern hardware has frame rate issues.
How!?

Meanwhile Saints Row 2 runs too fast

It's a game from 2021, it's a remake. Still, it should run good since it's a very low poly game, it should run at 120 FPS with no hickups on a low-end graphics card.. I can only assume the game is so buggy that it totally stresses out the cpu/gpu with the amount of garbage it has to deal with.

Curious about the Quest 2 version, probably a ton better than this at least (shouldn't be hard).

ferratilis

Magister
Is there a mod that adds all the PS2 exclusive material, such as the water effects, back into Vice City? All this talk about the PS2 trilogy has made me want to replay it.

Check out this mod pack, either download everything or one by one based on the mod list. The ones you're interested in are SilentPatch, SkyGFX, The Leftovers Fix. But I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want the others as well.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427367892

Or you can just use reVC.
https://archive.org/details/gta-3-gta-vc-re_20210222_0707

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Somebody needs to superimpose a montage of all the bugs found in the games onto the voiceover/music from the Soyberpunk 2077 trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom