Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

catfood

AGAIN
WOX > KOTOR

Any time. Any place.

That's not really fair. KotOR managed to do the impossible and make me regret paying negative money for a game (wanted Jedi Outcast, a bundle with it and Battlefront 1+Republic Commando was cheaper than just Outcast). I don't even know how that's possible, but KotOR did it.
I feel your pain, bro. After KOTOR I never touched another Bioware game again*. (insert Kodex Kool Kredits here)

*Except ME1 briefly, but it kept crashing like a bitch every 10 minutes so I gave up after an hour.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
And here come Beavis & Butthead with their wonderful input.

Yeah it was totally crazy to question declaring the end of decline based on nothing but promises from people with highly dubious track records when it comes to actual games.

You sure showed me.

Hell, neither Bruticis nor I even said the game itself would be shit, just that heralding a teaser trailer as the end of the decline is retarded.

Gozma

Arcane
There is actually a huge scope to fuck up a M&M game by not understanding how the map exploration shit should work, like how you should have to/be able to daisy chain fountain boosts and bootstrap abilities (i.e. maybe you need to jump to reach a person teaching levitation to get to the blah blah blah). If they make a dungeon maze with M&M combat it will be butt no matter how they are setting up the movement/combat.

Bruticis

Yeah it was totally crazy to question declaring the end of decline based on nothing but promises from people with highly dubious track records when it comes to actual games.

You sure showed me.

Hell, neither Bruticis nor I even said the game itself would be shit, just that heralding a teaser trailer as the end of the decline is retarded.
It's edgy to bash games before they even come out but it's totally OK to cum buckets all over teaser trailers from facebook devs.

Repressed Homosexual
Why is everyone so surprised? Ubisoft is simply tapping into the European PC gaming market, which is relatively big, and is not as dumb as the US market. It's the same reason why it's profitable for them to release a Heroes sequel, and why Larian is able to make a profit.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
There is a catch of course if is PC only that means... that's right, online only, place your bets.

catfood

AGAIN
Hell, neither Bruticis or I even said the game itself would be shit, just that heralding a teaser trailer as the end of the decline is retarded.

I think the fact that this is being developed by a big publisher is what's causing the WOW! factor here. Personally were this to be produced by some other random dev house I would not be so intrigued by it. It's more of a morbid curiosity than anything really. I, like many of us here I'm sure, am surprised that this game would be announced by a member of the trinity of evil. If M&MX turns out to be good (or at least sell well) it could mean that more and more publishers start pulling their heads out of their asses for one minute opening their eyes and see that there is a decently sized market chunk out there that would be satisfied by a lower cost, lower risk release. I'm curious to see how the game market is going to change (if at all) in the next couple of years.

MetalCraze

Arcane

You sure showed me.

It's edgy to bash games before they even come out but it's totally OK to cum buckets all over teaser trailers from facebook devs.

And published by an Evil Publisher that keeps on raping actually once good game names like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, HoMM etc.

catfood said:
I think the fact that this is being developed by a big publisher is what's causing the WOW! factor here

Developed by a publisher? :lol:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

You sure showed me.

MetalCraze and Bruticis Brofist this.

Do you bros aspire to be to GRPGD what WCDS is to the Politics subforum?

catfood

AGAIN

You sure showed me.

And published by an Evil Publisher that keeps on raping actually once good game names like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, HoMM etc.

catfood said:
I think the fact that this is being developed by a big publisher is what's causing the WOW! factor here

Developed by a publisher? :lol:
:roll:

Smooth. You know very well what I meant.

Stabwound

Arcane

You sure showed me.

A year ago, the only CRPG we had to look forward to was Legend of Grimrock. There was nothing else on the horizon at all, unless you wanted to play a new Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Now you need both hands to count how many actual CRPGs are coming out. Sure, some may end up being shit, and I'm sure at least a few will, but when is the last time there were this many possibly good games to come out in the future? I'd rather play a medicore Wasteland 2 than Dragon Age any time.

The incline isn't quite here yet, but it started a year ago. I dunno, what's better: being hopeful or being a bitter and cynical fuck?

This MMX reveal is pretty iffy to me. It has potential to be good based on what we know, but it also has potential to be some low budget tablet shit. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if that's the case or not.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
EA is a publisher that develops their own games. It's not new.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Anyone notice it seems to be step based? 1:07 in the trailer.

Sure the trailer isn't any more telling than other trailers... Except that it is. those icons in the beginning feature some art from MMI FFS!! No cutscenes or animation. Actual gameplay. Not much of it but what can you expect from a 1min teaser?

And it looks step based.

And...

Vive la France. :smug:

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
This thread looks like:
72SwFcT.gif

Bruticis

Why is everyone so surprised? Ubisoft is simply tapping into the European PC gaming market, which is relatively big, and is not as dumb as the US market. It's the same reason why it's profitable for them to release a Heroes sequel, and why Larian is able to make a profit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Anyone notice it seems to be step based? 1:07 in the trailer.

Sure the trailer isn't any more telling than other trailers... Except that it is. those icons in the beginning feature some art from MMI FFS!! No cutscenes or animation. Actual gameplay. Not much of it but what can you expect from a 1min teaser?

And it looks step based.

And...

Vive la France. :smug:

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/mightandmagicx-legacy/en-GB/game/index.aspx

Forge your own tactics:​

Through the Might & Magic traditional and acclaimed first-person turn-based gameplay system, lead your team of four Heroes in their journey!​

Choose your gender among four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, the choice is yours! Each race also boasts three unique classes, each one having their own skills and abilities.​

Defeat creatures and unique bosses, fulfill challenging quests, level up your group, and earn new powerful artifacts.​

Classic RPG at its finest!​

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Jaesun Not sure but you may have misread me.

First person and turn based was obvious but I hadn't seen step based mentioned. And my comment was (very) positive btw, in response to people dissing the trailer.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer

First person and turn based was obvious but I hadn't seen step based mentioned. And my comment was (very) positive btw, in response to people dissing the trailer.
It isn't mentioned, but if you watch the trailer, you can see the grid-step movement at one time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Ahh I just thought you were thinking it would be step based combat mambo, which it thankfully is not.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer

It isn't mentioned, but if you watch the trailer, you can see the grid-step movement at one time.

Precisely what i was saying. I hadn't noticed it but it was mentioned on the codex cousin site :) Also the art from MMI at least portrays the intention to go way back to the roots. Sure it could go bad but I don't see how it can look any better at this stage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom