Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

Bruticis

A minute and 30 second sneak peak, coming soon, shows next to nothing trailer made by the devs that did a facebook horse game has heralded the end of the decline?
You're late, skyway's already been here.

And the point is that an AAA publisher is exploiting their own franchises without change the genre, which is an pretty interesting development that would not be possible in 2012.
Late? We've been laughing our asses off at the dex for over 2 hours now. Jump in the CDS chat room, good times all around as we compare kodex comments to various other hipster sites and guess which site said what.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A minute and 30 second sneak peak, coming soon, shows next to nothing trailer made by the devs that did a facebook horse game has heralded the end of the decline?

And the point is that an AAA publisher is exploiting their own franchises without change the genre, which is an pretty interesting development that would not be possible in 2012.
Late? We've been laughing our asses off at the dex for over 2 hours now. Jump in the CDS chat room, good times all around as we compare kodex comments to various other hipster sites and guess which site said what.
We know. As I've said, skyway has already been here.

Robert Jarzebina

In an age where RPGs reached the level of you being able to control your whole party across well detailed areas with monsters that flank you Codex is fapping to a game where you just literally hit the attack button and see Call of Duty-like instant gratification points fly out of monsters and nothing else.

complexity != level of difficulty. Ex: Wizardry 1-2-3 ~The Story of Llylgamyn~

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The decline ended about a year ago.

LOL. You talking about all those Kickstarters that aren't even out yet?

Never expected to see the day when the Codex faps over unreleased games from the devs behind nothing but various pieces of shovelware, the people who made Hunted: The Demon's Forge, and the villains who brutally raped Jagged Alliance.

Sure they might turn out great, and there's always room for hope I suppose, but declaring the decline over based on nothing but prerelease hype? Come on.

This much excitement over a damn teaser trailer is one of the most ridiculous examples yet. Yeah it's nice to see there hasn't been a total genre-shift, but no, that doesn't mean it's time to start dancing through the streets.

MetalCraze

Arcane
complexity != level of difficulty. Ex: Wizardry 1-2-3 ~The Story of Llylgamyn~

Yes hitting an attack button and see numbers fly out of monsters is difficult indeed.

These games in your post also play like shit. Try and tell me that selecting an enemy out of a list is more fun than having an actual area on your screen where you can move around and fight freely with your party members actually being there.

Do you think Ubisoft is publishing this because they had a sudden change of heart?
No. Because M&M games were always retard friendly and nowadays even Skyrim is much more advanced gameplay-wise than them.

Bruticis

We know. As I've said, skyway has already been here.
Oh, I'm sorry...is this thread where you suck each off and talk about how great these games are going to be? I thought that was all the other threads. In before D1P shows up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Too bad it's shitty first person so it will not be rbetter than 80 max.

Wizfall

Cipher
Gratz to Ubisoft.
Last somewhat "big budget" TB or rather PB blobber was W8.
It takes balls to do a new one.
Very much interested even if i would rather like a new Wizardry.
Also it looks rather like MM 3/5 to me too.

MetalCraze

Arcane
lol why would somebody hate Might and Magic for being too simple but then like HOMM series where you just run around tagging things and fighting battles where the side with more numbers wins? What's with eastern europeans and HOMM?

Because in M&M you can't do even that?

deuxhero

Arcane
WOX > KOTOR

Any time. Any place.

That's not really fair. KotOR managed to do the impossible and make me regret paying negative money for a game (wanted Jedi Outcast, a bundle with it and Battlefront 1+Republic Commando was cheaper than just Outcast). I don't even know how that's possible, but KotOR did it.

Robert Jarzebina

Try and tell me that selecting an enemy out of a list is more fun than having an actual area on your screen where you can move around and fight freely with your party members actually being there.

RPGs are not only about combat but also about story, exploration of interesting world, choices and consequences, building your characters, romances :troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Man I was really hoping no one would respond to Skyway, at least it took 3 tries.

crywway is just mad because he doesn't like the Might and Magic series (he does like Heros of M&M III though).
lol why would somebody hate Might and Magic for being too simple but then like HOMM series where you just run around tagging things and fighting battles where the side with more numbers wins? What's with eastern europeans and HOMM?
I realize you're probably just trying to troll Skyway, but there were some interesting tactical options available. Plus creative use of spells.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, I'm sorry...is this thread where you suck each off and talk about how great these games are going to be? I thought that was all the other threads. In before D1P shows up.
Luckily we have the CDS to carry the hard core torch. Skyway's informed opinions have never been wrong about anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom