Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might and Magic: Olden Era - Ubisoft returns to Enroth - coming to Early Access in Q2 2025

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'm trying to feel something, but it ain't working :deadinside:

I'd overall rate what I'm seeing as "makes a bit more sense than the Homm3 HD they did, but not much".

Still didn't even play Homm7 lol.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Map looks good, units look eeeh, cities look eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh. But honestly, a decent 6/10 game is sufficient for this desperation genre.
I also like that they are going for alien insect demons instead of the traditional western Inferno demons.
Cautiously optimistic.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Am I the only one who thinks it looks EXACTLY like Songs of Conquest? When the supposed original starts ripping of the visual style of a ripoff (not that SoQ doesn't have its merits) that's when you know it's all ogre.

The annoying part is I'll probably still give it a shot. Man's not a learning animal.
Exactly? Nah, SoC is pixelart. Maybe the color palette is similar in a couple of the screenshots but it doesn't look like the game at all otherwise.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Does Song of Conquest look like this?

ass.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This gonna have barbarians and heroes who actually fight or what?
"Choose from six unique factions, each with distinct gameplay and abilities: Temple, Necropolis, Sylvan, Dungeon, Hive, and a mysterious sixth faction yet to be revealed."
It doesn't sound like Barbarians will be in. They could be the sixth faction so we'll see, but I'm guessing they'll make a new unique one. No Fortress/Lizardmen either.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Choose from six unique factions, each with distinct gameplay and abilities: Temple, Necropolis, Sylvan, Dungeon, Hive, and a mysterious sixth faction yet to be revealed."
It doesn't sound like Barbarians will be in. They could be the sixth faction so we'll see, but I'm guessing they'll make a new unique one. No Fortress/Lizardmen either.

if the game does well, they will probably goes for expansion. HoMM5 got 3 after all. Even 6 got 2

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Jadame would suit Lizardmen well. Hive is unnecessary, this happening 200 years before the Night of the Shooting Stars. But I guess they'll go with an early Kreegan landing in Jadame. Too bad, as the slot would be best used for a different town. The proper Jadamean mix for 6 cities is Temple, Necropolis, Dungeon (tho the Jadamean Dark Elves are surface dwellers), Fortress, Stronghold and possibly Cove from the nearby Regna Island.

Anomander

Scholar
According to the German - heroes fight the same way as in 5 - you can attack or cast spell.

Looking at that video it looks good. It probably will be OK game.
We don't get almost any HoMM-type game, so even OK games are welcome.

Artifact sets are in.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Here go the 'dex usuals, vice signaling how much they hate video games and how above it all they are.
zomg bros why would you be so negative toward another game by the company that has completely demolished the series, with every subsequent release being worse than the last???

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Here go the 'dex usuals, vice signaling how much they hate video games and how above it all they are.
zomg bros why would you be so negative toward another game by the company that has completely demolished the series, with every subsequent release being worse than the last???
Because this one looks better than the last. And its developed by Nival people, only published by Ubi.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
too bad heroes 5 was also shit
no, u

HoMM5 was decent. Even if all the bullshit about Isabel and Agrael and Kha-Beleth was meh, Markal was a great character, chewing scenery left and right. The mechanics were very well done. The city animations were neat (with Inferno taking the cake... I still have a feeling they planned such flythroughs through all the other cities, but ran out of time/budget). The unit artstyle... yeah, WoW-creep mixed with anime. The overland locations are also obviously worse than in HoMM3. Still, not a shit game.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
And its developed by Nival people, only published by Ubi.
too bad heroes 5 was also shit, and this iratus of theirs i've never heard a good thing about either

btw all this is exactly the same that people used to say about homm7 before its release :lol:
HoMM 5 is not shit.

What is shit is your taste in videogames. You should probably stop posting about them.

babayaga

Educated
While HoMM5 isn't a bad game on its own, it is definitely decline.
Only some random slavs have managed to somewhat copy the old HoMM3 look with HotA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom