Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might and Magic: Olden Era - Ubisoft returns to Enroth - coming to Early Access in Q2 2025

gooseman

Educated
do we need another heroes 3, especially when the original is more playable than ever, vanilla or with hd mod or hota? it doesn't sound all that different or better, but will definitely come with all the trappings of a modern game published by ubisoft.

rumSaint

Educated
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
do we need another heroes 3, especially when the original is more playable than ever, vanilla or with hd mod or hota? it doesn't sound all that different or better, but will definitely come with all the trappings of a modern game published by ubisoft.
That's a good question. Maybe Ubishit looked at Songs of Conquest, then at Heroes franchise and thought "We can milk that, there is market for this".

If this will be carbon copy of Heroes 3 with some minor improvements, then it's a cash grab. If they add new mechanics and distinguish enough from HoMM3 then it may be a smash hit. It's hard to say as there is not much of a gameplay and mostly promotional materials showing not that much.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd say yes, we could use a reimagining of 3. I'd love new units and towns, for example, new spells, even if the underlying mechanics stay the same.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'd say yes, we could use a reimagining of 3. I'd love new units and towns, for example, new spells, even if the underlying mechanics stay the same.
Yeah, but we will get always online shite instead.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

VICMII has A LOT of town mods, some of them having very decent design

But honestly I hope they do change some stuffs from HOMM3. The problem is that the AI is not capable of abusing stuff like the player does. Later user-made scenarios, especially harder ones basically lean on player abusing as many mechanics as possible to exploit the AI which I personally find unfun.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Some stuff they're saying in the slav accent videos honestly sounds potentially OK. Six factions is pretty bad, but passable.

I really don't like the aesthetics, tho. Particularly units and town screens. I feel like both would have a shot at being the worst in the series and that's saying something considering what happened post 3.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Some heroes were revealed and...

These backstories are way too wordy. HoMM3-4 were way better in this regard.
HoMM_heroes1.png

HoMM_heroes2.png

Gandalf

Arbiter
I really dislike when HoMM3 music is used to promote this game. I'd like to hear some Olden Era tracks instead.
Is it known who's going to score the soundtrack? I can't find any information regarding this matter.

Black

Arcane
The funny thing is that due to ubischlop's financial situation they'll probably start cutting corners and this will be one of them.

duke nukem

Augur
Some of the units:

Some look cool, but at the same lots of shit too. They ruined the inferno, now their all units look like boring insects.
Are most units over designed? It just feel "hard" to watch these units with all the random details. H3 had lot more simplistic details and it looked great and better. Is this the classic example of "less is more"?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Are most units over designed? It just feel "hard" to watch these units with all the random details. H3 had lot more simplistic details and it looked great and better. Is this the classic example of "less is more"?
Over-animated too. That one infernal insect spinning in the air to attack was painful to watch.
They ruined the inferno, now their all units look like boring insects.
Cargo cult. They *heard* that MM6 devils "are like insects" and thought they "are insects". They haven't touched even the game's screenshots, obviously. MM6 devils were humanoids, but with a hive hierarchy and biology: a queen, leaders/mates for the queen, warriors, workers, etc.

Last edited:

Dr1f7

Scholar
Some of the units:

Some look cool, but at the same lots of shit too. They ruined the inferno, now their all units look like boring insects.

the spell effects look real nice
and actually most of the units look good
also new wrath of the lich king faction looks cool

they need to re-do the city screens tho
hol-eee shit those are awful

it's like when a good anime suddenly switches to CG

it can't be that difficult to just pay someone on fiverr $10 to draw up some city screens that look good instead of this awful 3d shit

Brancaleone

Prophet
Ok, I take back any criticism I might have uttered on the graphics of HoMM4 or HoMM5. At least with those I knew what I was looking at.

Radech

Augur
Fire Pokemon
Ice Pokemon
Sigmarines
Dungeon
Necropolis

The absolute state of HoMM, at least most of its fanbase lie dead in a ditch on the Eastern front...

they need to re-do the city screens tho
hol-eee shit those are awful

it's like when a good anime suddenly switches to CG

I had to return the video when I read that, I had comepletely overlooked the generic ai backgrounds...

Prince(ss)

Novice
The conspicuous lack of a mage faction bothers me. I imagine they're saving them to milk as a selling point for an expansion or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom