Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion - Wuxia Pixelated Isometric Open-World Sandbox RPG with Turn-Based Combat

notpl

Arbiter
I restarted the game and I can't find the vendor for axe, fishing rod and the other gathering stuff. Where is it?
The blacksmith sells all that stuff. Once you reach a certain rep level with the Peddler (the trigger might be something else, don't remember) he will give you conditions to unlock a special inventory as well.

deama

Prophet
I'm confused about the "The Great Conquest" dlc, does it need to be released later or what? Cause it's under the patch notes?
Or do you need to buy the Silhouette one and you'll get the other one too?

EDIT: Ah nvm, I see it now, you can buy both of them, wasn't able to see that though.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I skipped great conquest dlc its totally different game from base game + heard its not very good

vanishing silhouette was decent dlc, harder than other routes did another nightmare playthrough without carry on bonuses. next time I try free mode but not for a while until they do another major update

deama

Prophet
vanishing silhouette was decent dlc, harder than other routes did another nightmare playthrough without carry on bonuses. next time I try free mode but not for a while until they do another major update
What is free mode? Is it just another nightmare+?

deama

Prophet
Ok Lhynn , it's time for the review.
Hero adventure Road to passion OR
Ho Tu Lo Shu: The book of dragons

Lhynn

Arcane
Ho Tu Lo Shu is the better rpg, but Heroes adventure has a better translation.

Up to you really, Id got with Road to passion first, then circle back to the book of dragons.

notpl

Arbiter
Both, obviously. Or would you rather play some western slop?

deama

Prophet
Ho Tu Lo Shu is the better rpg, but Heroes adventure has a better translation.

Up to you really, Id got with Road to passion first, then circle back to the book of dragons.
I had some good results when I did a translation of fallout 2 sonora from russian to english via chatgpt4. These days there's a better model out for translation, so I'm wondering if I can just make it work with that.

Not actually extract the game files, rather take screenshots and feed them to the AI and translate it that way...

Both, obviously. Or would you rather play some western slop?
That'll probably be next month, with the new factorio exp release.

Lhynn

Arcane
Not actually extract the game files, rather take screenshots and feed them to the AI and translate it that way...
Maybe? I dont know.

Dialogue is so important in Ho Tu Lo Shu. The game doesnt hold your hand, you are meant to figure everything out on your own.

The guides written about it were written with the translation in mind, so the names of people, items and places match those.

Suppose it wouldnt be an issue if chat GPT gives you a great translation and you dont use the guide, but if you do it may be.

Game is so complex that you need a very faithful translation or you are stuck with the guide to advance.

deama

Prophet
Maybe? I dont know.

Dialogue is so important in Ho Tu Lo Shu. The game doesnt hold your hand, you are meant to figure everything out on your own.

The guides written about it were written with the translation in mind, so the names of people, items and places match those.

Suppose it wouldnt be an issue if chat GPT gives you a great translation and you dont use the guide, but if you do it may be.

Game is so complex that you need a very faithful translation or you are stuck with the guide to advance.
Oh, interesting, didn't know it's writing was so important.
Does that mean the story is good?

notpl

Arbiter
I really have no idea what anyone is talking about regarding translation/guides/whatever. The game is incredibly simple, all the quests are just "go to [location]," you don't have to use your brain to complete it at any point. There are quite a few hidden secrets, but translation won't help you there: they're hidden from Chinese players just as effectively, and never necessary to complete the game. The translation patch available on the steam workshop is fine and never unintelligible except that some move descriptions get cut off due to lack of space.

Lhynn

Arcane
I really have no idea what anyone is talking about regarding translation/guides/whatever. The game is incredibly simple, all the quests are just "go to [location]," you don't have to use your brain to complete it at any point. There are quite a few hidden secrets, but translation won't help you there: they're hidden from Chinese players just as effectively, and never necessary to complete the game. The translation patch available on the steam workshop is fine and never unintelligible except that some move descriptions get cut off due to lack of space.
Which game? Fate seeker or Ho Tu Lo Shu?

I found both to be very cryptic, and featured a load of quests and events. Particularly Ho Tu Lo Shu has multiple endings depending on choices and actions.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Both the Ho Tu Lo Shu and Fate Seeker fan patches are absolutely atrocious. I'm thankful the guy put the work into them, but good lord. It decreases the enjoyment of the games quite a bit for me.

notpl

Arbiter
Which game? Fate seeker or Ho Tu Lo Shu?

I found both to be very cryptic, and featured a load of quests and events. Particularly Ho Tu Lo Shu has multiple endings depending on choices and actions.
Fate Seeker is way more obtuse. HTLS has quest markers for God's sake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom