Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Codex Year of the Donut
hate the fake friend bullshit of social media so good on him

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Nice, excising yourself from pointless and hyperpolarized e-socialization like Discord or Twitter can work wonders in improving your wellbeing.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
It is baffling to me how wide-spread parasocial relationships have become in recent years and how many e-celebs prey on these people to get a lot of money. The younger generation especially, seems drawn to these fake relations showering them with money just to get a slight bit of recognition.

Caim

Arcane
Didn't Sseth already have his Discord set on regular auto-nukings to prevent this kind of bullshit from happening (on top of people in there sending weird voicemails and CP to a mod's girlfriend, her family and his job)?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
It is baffling to me how wide-spread parasocial relationships have become in recent years and how many e-celebs prey on these people to get a lot of money. The younger generation especially, seems drawn to these fake relations showering them with money just to get a slight bit of recognition.
A lot of people make comparisons to band groupies, but the current iteration of parasocial e-celeb obsession is a few notches deeper. That's because due to the nature of video-centric web-content like streaming or YouTubing you end up hearing a lot more about the personal lives and opinions of these people on a regular basis compared to musicians or regular celebrities, and thus, more material to base an unhealthy obsession on. Couple this with the ease-of-contact afforded by many platforms like Discord and the social naivete of the youngest current web-surfing generation and you thus have the perfect breeding grounds for not only one person's parasocial fixation, but a that of a whole subculture.

Zlaja

Arcane
Even though he's funny, I'm getting slowly tired of his content. Lately, it's always some obscure space simulation/strategy crap I don't give a fuck about. Some more variety, please.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's funny I whined about him not making videos forever, he had some mental issues, now his videos suck. I fully expect him to come out as a tranny in two years.

Hobknobling

Learned
It's funny I whined about him not making videos forever, he had some mental issues, now his videos suck. I fully expect him to come out as a tranny in two years.
I can't even imagine how destructive the current ADD fad is. I go to some forums where people think that self-diagnosed mental health issues should not be challenged and every doctor who doesn't prescribe legal meth is wrong.

I have noticed that many of the people who get the prescriptions start posting rambling text walls until they burn out and start complaining that their medication doesn't work and they need switch brands (Concerta, Medikinet and Elvanse seem to be the big names). It is completely fucked up.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, and my school counselors were pushing for me to get medicated due to the sheer amount of fights I was getting into. Parents firmly refused, and beat the shit out of me to get me into check. After getting into a fight my second day of middle school and being threatened with expulsion, I got the mother of all beatings, and I finally shaped the fuck up. No more fights, no more ignoring teachers, and fast forward to now, I can conduct myself appropriately without any meds needed, and exercise frequently to help with my high energy levels.

ADHD is a "diagnosis" that is given when someone exhibits enough symptoms with enough severity. It's like how we classify people as obese if they have a certain body fat percentage, or buff if they have enough muscle. There are a few extreme cases where medicating conservatively can help, but the vast majority of the time it's a total cop out and an admission of weakness.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I know too many people on ADHD meds that post like they are completely losing their fucking mind at times. Seth is one of them. If he was a poster here it would be obvious what his deal is because there would be walls and walls of brain droppings until eventually someone would make a post in site feedback wondering why Seth was banned for posting a pic of his asshole.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
Even though he's funny, I'm getting slowly tired of his content. Lately, it's always some obscure space simulation/strategy crap I don't give a fuck about. Some more variety, please.
More strategy stuff would be appreciated. His videos on The Nations and TA Kingdoms were some of my favourites.

Hobknobling

Learned
going to guess considering he's some type of medical researcher he understands what a proper diagnosis is
As far as I know, he has worked as a oncology researcher at some university. One of my close relatives is one of the leading veterinarians in my country and she said that is very typical for people who are working in a medical field but are not doctors to self-diagnose and self-medicate. Liver and kidney issues are surprisingly common among healthcare professionals as a result. Of course I don't personally know the YouTuber in question so it is impossible to determine why this burn-out happened and why the quality of his videos has gone down.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, and my school counselors were pushing for me to get medicated due to the sheer amount of fights I was getting into. Parents firmly refused, and beat the shit out of me to get me into check. After getting into a fight my second day of middle school and being threatened with expulsion, I got the mother of all beatings, and I finally shaped the fuck up. No more fights, no more ignoring teachers, and fast forward to now, I can conduct myself appropriately without any meds needed, and exercise frequently to help with my high energy levels.

ADHD is a "diagnosis" that is given when someone exhibits enough symptoms with enough severity. It's like how we classify people as obese if they have a certain body fat percentage, or buff if they have enough muscle. There are a few extreme cases where medicating conservatively can help, but the vast majority of the time it's a total cop out and an admission of weakness.
I do believe that ADHD is a legitimate thing and prescription drugs combined with therapy and healthy life choices can help with that. My cousin is 8 years younger than I am and he has shown clear symptoms of ADHD since he was very young. Extremely impulsive and irrational behaviour despite coming from a normal middle class family. He is currently in prison. I did not believe in ADHD before seeing how obvious some cases can be.

The issue is when people get this idea stuck in their head that because their life is not perfect and they have problems, it must be this undiagnosed genetic disorder that they have and they must get the prescription despite what the doctors say. Many of them go see multiple professionals until one of them caves in and writes the prescription. Usually their life-habits are fucking terrible and they are not even trying to fix basic things like sleep, tech addictions, exercise and diet. What makes it more insidious is how these medications seem to work at first before an inevitable burn-out.

Here is a graph that shows how explosive the growth in prescriptions in my country has been during the last 20 years:

image.png

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I do believe that ADHD is a legitimate thing and prescription drugs combined with therapy and healthy life choices can help with that. My cousin is 8 years younger than I am and he has shown clear symptoms of ADHD since he was very young. Extremely impulsive and irrational behaviour despite coming from a normal middle class family. He is currently in prison. I did not believe in ADHD before seeing how obvious some cases can be.

The issue is when people get this idea stuck in their head that because their life is not perfect and they have problems, it must be this undiagnosed genetic disorder that they have and they must get the prescription despite what the doctors say. Many of them go see multiple professionals until one of them caves in and writes the prescription. Usually their life-habits are fucking terrible and they are not even trying to fix basic things like sleep, tech addictions, exercise and diet. What makes it more insidious is how these medications seem to work at first before an inevitable burn-out.

Here is a graph that shows how explosive the growth in prescriptions in my country has been during the last 20 years:
I can't speak for your cousin, but I have some experience with people that were diagnosed with ADHD and took medication as well. This girl definitely needed it, and her lack of attention span was absolutely striking with how she'd bounce all over the place. That being said, these cases are in the minority, and when it comes to people that exhibit hyperactivity, impulsiveness, and irrational behavior, I strongly advocate the participation of combat sports. Go do a one hour lifting session followed by a two hour wrestling practice, led by a coach that will make your life a living hell if you act out. You will learn how to be disciplined and control your impulsivity (to a certain extent), and you will have used up all your energy for the day with how rigorous the practice is. There are exceptions to every rule, but I feel like medication should be a final option, versus the go-to.

BanEvader

"Beating the shit out of your child is a valid, or better yet, a superior alternative to getting him hooked on the pharmajewmafia poison."
Your parents are extremely based.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
He just made one on Elden Ring. Do you want him to cover every major AAA title or what? Watch dunkey for that shit.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
He did one on Arcanum, Morrowind, VMTB, and Wizardry 8.

He should easily be able to do something on Fallout 1/2, or anything more interesting than these autism simulators.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's fairly obvious he does the mindless autist games because hardly anybody plays them so he can just talk random shit, but if he did Fallout or something else Codex likes he would have to actually try.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm not a mindless hater you whiny twat. I honestly see a decline in his videos since his mental health crisis. Did he not cover a Bloons game or something like that? It's crap. I will not play whatever trash that was to see if it was worth him covering or not because I turned the video off halfway through because it was not entertaining me.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
So, not only did you not play the game, you didn't even watch his full vid. Yet you claim with confidence that he is "just talking trash". That fits the description of a mindless hater very well.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sseth is actually creative. He does vids on games he likes, actually plays and can figure out something funny to say about. He also tends to try to avoid things that have been covered to death.

He was going to do a Baldur's Gate review, but then Mandalore did one and he sort of just gave up on it.

I also wish he would cover more decent games instead of whatever Chinese jank he's been sperging over for 600+ hours, but I don't run the man's life.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom