Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Reuploaded

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anybody watch anything from Mandalore or has he just kind of gone away?
Isn't he spending most time on podcasts like Please Stop Talking or something like that?
Zero interest in trimming that gigantic game (to-do-review) list.
He could completely ignore AAA garbage and popular indies at this point and still get million+ views and stable flow of dosh from Patreon.
Going with obscure games should be more beneficient for human psyche compared to exposure to AAA garbage or samey indie crap, at the random cost of sanity loss when he step into stinker... for our amusement, obviously.

Last edited:
Anybody watch anything from Mandalore or has he just kind of gone away?
Isn't he spending most time on podcasts like Please Stop Talking or something like that?
Zero interest in trimming that gigantic game (to-do-review) list.
He could completely ignore AAA garbage and popular indies at this point and still get million+ views and stable flow of dosh from Patreon.
Going with obscure games should be more beneficient for human psyche compared to exposure to AAA garbage or samey indie crap, at the random cost of sanity loss when he step into stinker... for our amusement, obviously.
lol @ him describing Pathfinder 2 as "dense". Cheeky.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I don't understand this trend in games that are menial jobs. Even space menial jobs.

House flipper, power wash sim, cooking sim. There's no real story or progress, there's just you doing small tasks over and over.

It'd be like mining in Eve: Online, only that's the game. That's all you do, and that's its own reward.

It's like people don't have real jobs, but something in them still wants to work, so they play these games instead.

The sci fi elements and paperthin story might be enough to hold me, but I'll probably wait for a sale to try it.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Menail job sims like Factorio is you being an engineer and miner, but because of the immediate return of investment when doing something like building defenses, setting up new mines or building a processing plant means you are constantly having a high. It's like being powerwashed by dopamine.

I don't understand this trend in games that are menial jobs. Even space menial jobs.

House flipper, power wash sim, cooking sim. There's no real story or progress, there's just you doing small tasks over and over.

It'd be like mining in Eve: Online, only that's the game. That's all you do, and that's its own reward.

It's like people don't have real jobs, but something in them still wants to work, so they play these games instead.

The sci fi elements and paperthin story might be enough to hold me, but I'll probably wait for a sale to try it.
ea3.jpg

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Menail job sims like Factorio is you being an engineer and miner, but because of the immediate return of investment when doing something like building defenses, setting up new mines or building a processing plant means you are constantly having a high. It's like being powerwashed by dopamine.
Factorio is not a "menial job sim" since it allows a lot of creative freeway all around. Factorio and such are more like construction set games

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, Factorio and other autism sims aren't really what I'm talking about. You're designing a system, you're not going into a mine and clicking rocks over and over.

Mauman

Scholar
Factorio is not a "menial job sim" since it allows a lot of creative freeway all around. Factorio and such are more like construction set games
Factorio also intersperses some good ole shooting immigrants space bugs amongst all of the autism.

Tyrr

Liturgist
In Factorio you start doing everything yourself, but the main goal of the game is to automatize everything. So you could say it's the opposite of these 'working sims'.

Fargus

Arcane
I also want to say that the last Sseth video is completely unfunny and boring

I used to watch his "reviews" (more like shitposts) when he covered classic games such as HoMM series, Arcanum, Stalker, Deus Ex, making fun of various exploits and aspects of these games we all love. Nowadays he "reviews" too much obscure trash and games i dont give a shit about. Warthunder... World of Tanks, some legit faggot rpg called Bastard Bonds.

I mean wtf is this shit even?

His only video i watched and somewhat enjoyed in the last 2 years was the one about first Age of Wonders.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Prompt: Write a review for Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar in the style of SsethTzeentach
Greetings, my fellow gamers, and welcome to my review of Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, a game that has been in development for over 20 years. Now, let me tell you, this game is a wild ride.

First of all, let's talk about the graphics. They're retro, and I mean old school. The game looks like it was made in the '90s, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The pixel art is charming and has a certain appeal to it, but if you're looking for cutting-edge graphics, then you're in the wrong place.

The sound design is decent, but nothing too special. The music is catchy and fits the game's atmosphere, and the sound effects get the job done. However, there's no voice acting, so you'll have to read all the dialogue yourself.

Now, let's get to the gameplay. Grimoire is a classic RPG, and it has everything you would expect from one. There's character customization, turn-based combat, a vast world to explore, and a story to uncover. However, the game's interface is a mess. It's clunky and not very user-friendly, and it's evident that this game was designed for hardcore RPG fans.

Speaking of hardcore, this game is tough as nails. The difficulty is punishing, and there's no hand-holding here. If you're looking for a challenge, then Grimoire will deliver. However, if you're not used to this kind of game, then you'll probably rage-quit after a few hours.

Overall, Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is a flawed gem. It's not perfect, but it has a certain charm that makes it worth playing. If you're a fan of classic RPGs and don't mind a steep learning curve, then you'll probably enjoy this game. However, if you're looking for a modern, streamlined experience, then you should probably look elsewhere.

ropetight

Savant
Prompt: Write a review for Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar in the style of SsethTzeentach
Greetings, my fellow gamers, and welcome to my review of Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, a game that has been in development for over 20 years. Now, let me tell you, this game is a wild ride.

First of all, let's talk about the graphics. They're retro, and I mean old school. The game looks like it was made in the '90s, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The pixel art is charming and has a certain appeal to it, but if you're looking for cutting-edge graphics, then you're in the wrong place.

The sound design is decent, but nothing too special. The music is catchy and fits the game's atmosphere, and the sound effects get the job done. However, there's no voice acting, so you'll have to read all the dialogue yourself.

Now, let's get to the gameplay. Grimoire is a classic RPG, and it has everything you would expect from one. There's character customization, turn-based combat, a vast world to explore, and a story to uncover. However, the game's interface is a mess. It's clunky and not very user-friendly, and it's evident that this game was designed for hardcore RPG fans.

Speaking of hardcore, this game is tough as nails. The difficulty is punishing, and there's no hand-holding here. If you're looking for a challenge, then Grimoire will deliver. However, if you're not used to this kind of game, then you'll probably rage-quit after a few hours.

Overall, Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is a flawed gem. It's not perfect, but it has a certain charm that makes it worth playing. If you're a fan of classic RPGs and don't mind a steep learning curve, then you'll probably enjoy this game. However, if you're looking for a modern, streamlined experience, then you should probably look elsewhere.
Sseth's job is safe, somehow GPT manages to be even more lame than his last reviews.
But it could get a gig at Kotaku or RPS, for sure.

Jason Bright

Educated

Sseth's job is safe, somehow GPT manages to be even more lame than his last reviews.
But it could get a gig at Kotaku or RPS, for sure.
Chat GPT is designed to churn out material that is the complete opposite of Sseth in every way, it would be impossible to recreate his kind of humour with an AI made in Current Year + n. The closest you can get is the guy that now edits and apparently (he claimed on his own channel) writes his reviews for him, problem is they're unfunny as hell as he seems to just lean in to whatever current memes he finds that week on reddit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom